[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Father and son during Polish Uprising. Warsaw, 1944
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 552x759) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 552x759
Father and son during Polish Uprising.

Warsaw, 1944
>>
Why doesn't the kid have a gun.

Some uprising if you can't even 360 No scope a Jerry
>>
>>55196879
Maybe the child has throwing knife somewhere
>>
>>55196958
Correct me if im wrong, but this what happened during poland uprising yes?
>Poles see soviets near to Warsaw, so decide to throw off nazi occupation
>Soviets see Poles gonna do uprising
>Poles do uprising, thinking they get help from soviets
>Soviets still pissed at poles from previous war
>Soviets dont help
>Soviets wait outside city and watch Poles get massacred
>Nazi overcome uprising
>Soviets move in
>>
>>55197172
>Soviets don't want a Polish government made of non-communists
>Soviets let the Germans kill off political opponents
>>
>>55197172
>Soviets still pissed at poles from previous war

No. The main reason was that many of the rebels were AK (Armia Krajowa) which would oppose any occupation, even the Soviet. So they've let them just kill each other out, so there will be a smaller problem with them in the future.
>>
>>55197172
Are you serious? I thought this was way more cooler than that. Sabaton even have a song for that.
>>
>>55197172
Soviets did that during the Slovak uprising too.
>Slovaks see Soviets approaching
>Begin uprising, ask for help from Soviets
>Soviets don't let other Allies use air bases to airdrop supplies
>Soviets somehow end up bogged down in the northeast of the country
>Uprising fails, leaders killed, Soviets then swoop in several months later with no trouble
>>
>>55197393
They did it everywhere. They knew they would be a problem and would oppose the new prosoviet and communist government.
>>
>>55197518
Damn... talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.
>>
>>55197172
The reason why soviets didnt intervene was quite different. Stalin was planning to create puppet communist Poland with the government under his thumb.

If he helped the uprising, the uprising government would rule new Polannd. Since they were actually fighting for their independence, its was unlikely that they would become soviet puppet if Stalin kindly asked. Also Stalin didnt want any free minded freedom loving people in commie Poland, so it was good for his plan if they actually died during the uprising.

So he just wait till they all died off and then took the spoils for himself
>>
>>55197393
>>55197172
never trust soviet
>>
>>55197393
since Slovakia was actually part of the axis, Slovaks started uprising to show that they actually arent evil natzees, so that Red army wouldnt turn slovakia into moonscape. it worked somehow.

Funny fact :in the early 1940s, Slovak leader father Tiso asked Hitler to give him Moravia, since moravians were oppressed by evil czechs and vere slovaks in denial anyway. He didnt get anything obviously

Funny fact 2: Slovaks have so few relevant historical figures, that even today they have streets named after Tiso
>>
>>55197172
We counted that Brits and Murricans will push Russians a bit to help us at the time. I mean thy were on your side at the time. Is was the best chance to rebel we had for like 5 years.
>>
>>55197393
>>55197172
It may be cruel, but it is a pretty effective strategy. In war you do what you must in order to win.
>>
>>55198366
I can understand that. I guess in the wider context, you could say we and US let the germans and russians kill as many of eachother as possible before we had to step in to secure the continent.
>>
>>55198468
and didnt just that happen. USA provded material support to soviets in order to keep them in the war, but didnt actually land in german occupied land until Soviet army started pushing germans back, so americans went in to maximize their land grab. Roosevelt actually said in his memoirs that his greatest goal is to destroy British empire, so maybe part of his masterplan was to send money and materials to Brits in order to keep them in war (and take as much pounding as possible), while Brits endebted heavily to america. You got screwed as well without even knowing it
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.