[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being Sneaky On The Web
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11
File: 1446081773906 (1).jpg (67 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1446081773906 (1).jpg
67 KB, 540x405
Hey, /pol/. If someone wanted to cover themselves up when posting sketchy stuff on the web, what is the absolute best way for that person to do it? Is simply using TOR enough?
>>
wear a condom while posting

Hiroyuki will never find you
>>
>>55195431
If you need to ask you'll get caught. No security can fix ignorance.

Now fuck-off pedo.
>>
>>55195431
boost mobile burner phone on a starbucks free wifi.
>>
>>55195642
Thank you for actually being helpful, Ameribro.
>>
I'm posting this on /pol/. Don't be stupid. If I wanted to post nudes of dumb little naked kids, I'd be asking /b/ or some shit.
>>
File: 1371111709421.png (103 KB, 509x340) Image search: [Google]
1371111709421.png
103 KB, 509x340
>>55195431
>Is simply using TOR enough?

It can help if you go trough cca 1 hour long tweaking of TOR browser setting, there are lot of "backdoors" like turned on javascript by default and so on.

But its not 100% protection, someone would say that its actually pretty far from 100%.
>>
>>55196599
I'm about to sound retarded, but what is cca?
I did turn off JavaScript. Since it's still not complete safe, what can I do to make it safer?
Also, thank you.
>>
>>55196817
cca / circa / around

I will search for the tweaking guide, I may still have it somewhere
>>
>>55196903
That sounds great! I really, really appreciate your help!
>>
File: 1417736868878.png (95 KB, 1365x666) Image search: [Google]
1417736868878.png
95 KB, 1365x666
In the meantime, some links in the pic may still work
>>
>>55195431

I got you bro..

TOR is not enough. Your ISP can see that you are connecting to a TOR node, and that alone is suspicious. Add to that malicious exit nodes and they can figure out who you are. You need in addition to TOR a VPN service. This an a secure encrypted tunnel through which all of your internet traffic travels.

Chose a VPN that does not keep logs. If it does keep logs it is more dangerous than not using one, and it will have more data on your activity than even your ISP does. So make sure it advertises no logs, and is in a country that is not USA legal request friendly... like Russia for instance ;)

VPN>TOR is very safe

However where you are posting may block TOR to try and stop anonymity, like 4chan. Also becuaseTOR connections switch frequently, it can make posting to forms tricky or impossible. This is where you use a proxy for exit.

So:

VPN>TOR>PROXY

A Proxy can be from any country you wish to appear in - look for SOCK5 proxys as they are the most secure, but even a free web proxy like hidemyass will do (don't use their vpn though). You best bet it to search google for sock5 daily lists and use a free one.

Lastly, insure you turn off scripts as Java can give away your location (firefox has addons, use them). Also make sure you sync your computers clock to the exit proxy location or it will show a mismatch in time zones. You can also alter yoru browser and computer data with firefox plugins to show you are on a mac when you are really on a PC etc.

Let me know if you have questions, i'll monitor the thread for a while.
>>
>>55195431
Tor is compromised and there are far too many trackers that operate outside tor embedded into sites now just for that purpose.

The only real security is not using your own wifi. Public hotspots are everywhere. As long as you're not operating at the same Burger King every time, you're OK. In theory this still exposes you if there is dedicated sting operation, as they'd be able to recognize your device when it connects to that router a second time. If it's serious shit and they're willing to hunt you, they can monitor that access point and wait for your device to come back on... (one can change MAC, use disposable USB wifi cards, etc. to elude further) or even just start looking at the security footage. But again, this requires a serious dedicated investigation by people you've pissed off so badly they're willing to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to disappear you. Unless you're posting photos of Michelle Obama's dick, highly unlikely.

VPNs offer little security (most everyone keeps logs) but are mostly used just to make the process of tracking you back more annoying. Multiple states multiple warrants... all but the most dedicated law enforcement investigation just says "fuck it," unless you've managed to piss off the Fed at least.

It all depends on who you're trying to hide from. Social Justice Anonymoose, or the Fed...
>>
File: 1417735501111.png (283 KB, 1333x1425) Image search: [Google]
1417735501111.png
283 KB, 1333x1425
>>55197000
>>
File: sw.jpg (37 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
sw.jpg
37 KB, 500x480
>>55197000
and more helpful tips and guides are here

http://tutorneunixbasq6.onion/guide/tbb.html
>>
>>55197108
>>55197118
Great tips!
>>
>>55195431
damn that photo is unsettling if you stare at it long enough
>>
>>55195431
It depends on how paranoid you are and how many hoops you want to hop through.
No, simply using the Tor bundle on Windows is retarded. If you're really paranoid, you should use Tails (hello NSA) and physically unplug your hdd so that even if you visit a page with a 0day they wouldn't be able to mount the drive and get some of your personal information. Connect to an open wifi you don't own for maximum tinfoil hat.
Also disable JS everywhere in the browser as it has already been said.
Also remember that a lot of sites don't allow posting from Tor due to abuse so please don't do anything stupid to lower the reputation of the network even more.
>>
>>55197809
One more thing, never login into anything important on the clearnet when accessing it through Tor. Always assume the exit nodes are sniffing your traffic in exchange for their free service.
>>
>>55197108
This is all very helpful!!

I came up with some questions:
- What is a VPN Service that you prefer?
- How do I turn off all of those scripts?
- What Firefox plugins do you recommend?
>>
>>55195431

using TOR and all those proxy will just make the people that monitor the web to wonder why you even need to use them in the first place.
>>
>>55197118
This is all very helpful. What I have in mind is more of hiding from Fed.
>>
File: sneaky.png (69 KB, 254x230) Image search: [Google]
sneaky.png
69 KB, 254x230
how is this image I just made
>>
>>55197809
Thank you so much. Tails sounds really good. Do you recommend using Tails along with other ways of hiding?
>>
>>55199428
This is fucking hilarious. I laughed. I would strengthen the contrast of at least the dog though!
>>
>>55199077

The best VPN would be a private server or a Virtual sever VPS hat you own and run in a country outside of the US that has some privacy laws. OPENVPN is free and very easy to install. Baring that there are lots of paid VPN services. I can't recommend any offhand, but never chose one based in the US or EU, and make sure they stated a clear policy of NO LOGS. A quick google search will find you plenty of recommendations and reviews. Expect to spend 10-20$ a month.

TOR comes with "noscript" already installed, but you can add it to any version of Firefox via the plugins. Make sure you have it enabled.

That plugin and Proxytool if you are using SOCKS5 along with ad blocker are all you need.

Hope that helps.
>>
>>55199817
This seems great to me! I really appreciate you taking your time to help me. You have no idea how grateful I am for it. I've always been curious about how to cover my ass. I'm certain this will will help me a lot.
>>
File: KYaBYXr.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
KYaBYXr.gif
2 MB, 640x360
Go buy a prepaid debit/credit card with cash.
Use it to buy a cheap laptop and a VPN service.
NEVER CONNECT THE LAPTOP TO YOUR HOME WIFI.
Go to a Starbucks, use your VPN, go thru a proxy, then dl and install tor.
Run tor with NoScript and disable java.

That's all you need.
>>
>>55200368
God damn you're smart. This is something good to save up for.
>>
>>55200443
You can get a cheap laptop for like 250
>>
>>55195431
tails OS from usb with tor and obsfuscated bridges plugged into public comp
>>
>>55200639
Or your own comp with public wifi. dont use this comp for anything else
>>
So forget the memes and whatever what is exactly on the "deep" web that is interesting and useful to see.
>>
>>55195431
as long as you are not trying to do anything remotely illegal (say, if you simply want to avoid SJWs from doxxing you or some shit), TOR with javascript disabled should be ok.
>>
>>55200785
variety of things. memes hold a hint of truth
>>
$50 craigslist netbook and public wifi
>>
File: 1271214355304.jpg (41 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1271214355304.jpg
41 KB, 604x453
>>55195431
It's easy.
Step 1) buy computer WITH CASH from someone off of craigslist.

Step 2) make sure not to alter it.

Step 3) use someone's free wifi around town.

Step 4) make sure there are no cameras

Step 5) shit post to your hearts desire
>>
>>55200842
be more specific plz.
>>
>>55200930
I would add when you buy that computer make sure you are far from where you live and also no cameras there. It might be a good idea to wait a month or two also before you start going on in case that guy gets questioned and by then he can't be bothered to accurately ID you.
>>
>>55200338

You are most welcome. In this day and age you can't be too careful, and this is knowledge all red pilled people should have as thought crimes and non pc statements become criminal acts as the lasts of our freedoms and stolen.
>>
>>55201159

Oh, one ore point in buying a VPN - don't use your own credit/debit card!

Look for one that takes bitcoins, or like a previous poster mentioned, use a pre-paid debit.
>>
>>55200785
guns, hitmen services, CP, counterfiet goods and really good drugs.
>>
>>55201029
knowledge on a variety of topics. knowledge which some might consider harmful or extreme. online markets (for illegal substances or services or whatever the fuck else your heart desires) Online communities, some very inclusive and hard to join (this rings mostly true for peadophile circles) etc
>>
>>55200785

Less and less these days.

The majority of sites are scams and honeypots. Only the marketplaces (drugs and counterfeits) and some of the text repositories of online books are worthwhile (and you can buy the books on the markets).

You can find a list of markets here:

deep dot web (dot) com
>>
>>55201291
Im not talking about this this is the "meme" stuff I was referencing to. I am more curious about information like what >>55201302
posted
>>
>>55201302
meant to say 'exclusive' instead of 'inclusive'
>>
>>55201472
why would you buy things when that means you are attaching your personal address?
>>
>>55201604
????? ever heard of drop address
>>
>>55201669
no what is that
>>
>>55201604

this

>>55201669

You best stay well away form the markets. Its is the uninformed (and stupid) that get caught first time out and sent straight to jail. Law enforcement makes their quotas on newbies.

It's no joke.
>>
>>55201714
i dont want to encourage you. use google. browse blackhat internet sites first to understand how things work, then move onto the markets.
>>
>>55196172
A bunch of pedos >>55195642
wackin it in Starbucks bathroom
>>
>>55201714
Like when child adducters what the bag of money left in a trash can in a park
>>
>>55201805
honestly i'll never go on i'm just curious about the whole thing. I don't trust myself enough to go on something like that where I won't get caught.
>>
>>55195431
Ask /g/
>>
>>55201910
/g/ is horrible, they've had a more aggressive decline than /pol/
>>
>>55201805
I've never tried it,

but I would think you just find a decent-looking vacant house without a "for sale" sign out front, make sure it has one of those old-school mailboxes that just sits out front, buy my goodies with Bit Coin or prepaid card, and have it sent to this vacant house on the outskirts of town or whatever.

If I get caught, I can just say I was stealing mail. Better than ordering drugs right?
>>
Nothing to hide, nothing to fear, son.
>>
>>55201159
I agree! My concerns are more about things such as free speech and organization. I've been thinking of taking all of this information and turning it into a nice info graph. That way, red pilled people can speak out and organize easier.
>>
>>55202086
sadly the climate is turning to 'guilty unless proven otherwise' with this SJW brain tumour nonsense
>>
>>55202161
Why won't somebody think of the children? The news tells me that only pedos and terrorists use Tor, so data collection is fine. I have nothing to hide anyway.

So what do you have to hide?
>>
>>55201845

There's virtually no Cheese Pizza anymore. Pedos get no love for anyone, even deep web people because they attract too much seriously negative attention. You would be hard pressed to find any even if you went looking for it.

Anything to do find will almost certainly be a honeypot trap.
>>
>>55195431
Get some good ip blocking software that isn't a bot and doesn't have it's HQ in Israel, I hear hola is good :^)
>>
>>55202041
that, anything that has an address. i used to use local council house (projects in america i think) as it shared same address for all rooms apart from the a,b,c etc
>>
>>55202094

Nice - I look forward to seeing an infographic that people can use.
>>
>>55195431
12 proxies on a rare linux distro using starbucks wifi in a car with no license plate while wearing all black
>>
>>55202388
dont forget the shades man!
>>
File: 1310784186062.jpg (15 KB, 340x245) Image search: [Google]
1310784186062.jpg
15 KB, 340x245
>>55201472

anon delivers 5 star fucking post negro
>>
>>55201472
>mfw I unironically put deep.web.com
>mfw it half loaded with a Yotsuba A colour background, a failed to load box at the top and some other letters
>mfw tried to refresh it "Server not found"

After reading this thread I'm spooped.
>>
>>55203150

Turn the first . into "dot"

genius.
>>
>>55203249
Yeah, I realised that when it was taking ages to load which is why I said unironically. The point I'm trying to make is what was loading that suddenly became server not found?
>>
File: 1204317444292.jpg (66 KB, 756x567) Image search: [Google]
1204317444292.jpg
66 KB, 756x567
>>55203150
>>
>>55203344

Put your tinfoil hat on and try again. Also lock your door and turn off the CP because the bobby's are on the way.
>>
>>55203481
I'll explain it again for you

>I put in the wrong address
>It was taking ages to load
>Checked back and realised it was a mistake
>Put in the correct address
>In the meantime the one with the typo had half loaded a normal webpage
>Reloaded it to display it properly
>It no longer works

Literally nothing to do with tinfoil.
>>
>>55203671

fascinating. thanks for your contribution.
>>
>>55203671
OH SO SPOOPY
http://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=deep.web.com
by the way the police are on their way
>>
>>55195431
basically any device that is not connected to you in any way (paid with cash).
leave any tracking devices home (phone).
find a place with free wifi and other people using computers/phones or whatever you're using
sit there for a while looking casual, do your business but don't leave immediately

anything else?
>>
>>55204274
he should probably wear those disguise glasses with the fake nose and the big bushy eyebrows and mustache.
probably a brown trench coat too, that's very inconspicuous
>>
>>55199077
Cryptostorm
>>
>>55200639
Don't forget to change your MAC address.
>>
>>55195431
Suicide is the best way, OP
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.