[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gorebull Warming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
So I don't see Global Warming threads much anymore. I guess its pretty obvious they were losing?

http://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses

My guess is that ice will grow, and as we go into another ice age - it will somehow be warming. Because they are never wrong and wont ever admit a mistake ever. Because the science is settled and we should all vote democrat.

Or something.
>>
b-but the 97 purcent
>>
Thread smells of ignorance.
>>
>>55194265

>links to fucking NASA website
>ignorance

uhm... ok?
>>
>global cooling
triggered, "global cooling" is a denier bogeyman
>inb4 time magazine represents a consensus
>>
>settled

kekidy do dah
>>
>>55194009

This doesn't say much about global warming

>hurr more ice in one area = no global warming

Could be increased precipitation, the Antarctic could be impacted differently than the arctic as far as ice formation goes (wind/water currents).

Is anyone who starts these threads even a STEM major?
>>
>>55194535

But arctic sea ice is on the decline, that's what polar bears aren't doing too well, and arctic cod distributions are going wonky, Not to mention all the invasive species moving north into arctic waters.
>>
>>55194593
What do degrees in computer tech, electronics, and mathematics have to do with meteorology and climatology?
>>
>>55194009
Who cares if it's global warming or global cooling?

Humans have like a 0.001% effect on the climate.

There is nothing to be done about it, just build cheaper air conditioning or better heating systems, that is all

And more levees if that is needed

How the fuck do people expect to live on Mars?
>>
>>55194593

>STEM Major ...
That would be a neat argument if the NPCC opened up exactly how they make their climate model projections, and you would be able to go out and test claims for yourself
>like any other fucking field of science
Instead of the whole "trust us" approach

>pic related
We have been in a cooling trend for 65 million years but for political reasons we only talk about the last couple thousand years or couple hundred years. No one has an explanation for the warming of the past

>Sabertooth tigers were driving SUVs
>>
>>55194694

What in the cock and balls are you talking about?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/561014/Polar-bear-population-bounces-climate-change-warning-extinction-warning-WWF-global-warming
>>
>>55194788

I'm in trophic ecology and I come across plenty of peer reviewed journals that suggest climate change impacts as direct/indirect mechanisms. Food web shifts, species' distribution shifts, changes in soil/water chemistry, vectors for invasive species, etc.

>>55194840

No one claims global warming hasn't happened in the past as a natural part of the earth's cycle. But there is strong evidence to suggest human activity is contributing to it currently.
>>
>>55194009
Except that the oceans are still rising somehow. If the extra water isn't coming from the south pole, where's it coming from?
>>
>>55194979

>It said that of the 19 separate populations of polar bears across the Arctic, three are in decline and just one is known to be increasing while for nine there is insufficient data to make any assessment.

..okay.
>>
>>55195128

water levels are rises not because of inputs but because water molecules expand with increased temp.
>>
>>55195252
Which doesn't explain the increase of ice in Antarctica.
>>
>>55195352

No it doesn't, was just saying.
>>
>>55195066

But humans are one variable out of many. There is planetary pulls and shifts that take place. We see climate change on Mars.
Also the amount of C02 from the oceans and the amount of gasses that come from volcanoes FAR outweighs human activity.

You are right - Humans play a part... but one small part - and the rest is ignored, and it becomes a political football for more government power.

You cant say its an honest science at this point
>>
File: confirmationbias.png (45 KB, 600x686) Image search: [Google]
confirmationbias.png
45 KB, 600x686
ITT confirmation bias: the thread
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c4XPVPJwBY
what's wrong with this argument?
>>
>>55195495

this actually seems interesting but I dont have 40 min to watch right now. I skipped around it.

I go back to what I was saying earlier. Yes humans played one part - one. They are one variable out of millions.

We dont even fully understand why the earth goes in and out of Ice Ages. That is some pretty dramatic climate change - that has nothing to do with humans. Humans are pretty conceited into thinking they have this huge effect on things - when really its minimal and with in the context of time it is almost non existent.
>>
I used to care a lot about global warming, but after a while I realised that I shouldn't give a fuck over something that I can't control. No matter how many cans I recycle, no matter how many shits I take outside, the sheer volume of people wasting water, littering, pouring gasoline on stuff and burning things and other activities makes my contribution insignificant. People litter in my yard all the time. Human beings do impact the environment, but so does everything else. The only environmental threat that I'm worried about is nuclear war, and even that is remote. We do need to develop cleaner energies but mainly for expense. Think about this, when we go to mars, whatever we do we cannot make it worse; anything is better for that red shithole.
>>
>>55196186

This .... was actually refreshing to read lol. Also I wish we would exploit the shit out of nuclear more. I mean when we go to Mars we wont be able to bring gas with us lol
>>
>>55194009
>Unless you give me a straight line, I won't believe anything's happening.
>>
>>55196523

We could mine for oil on mars :^)
>>
>>55196186
>now matter how many shits i take outside
DESIGNTATED
>>
Remember how the Kilimanjaro ice melted this year?

http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/travel-news/kilimanjaro-snow-gone-by-2015/1079.html
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.