[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is online dating degenerate? I work 6 days (sometimes 7) a week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: my life in a nutshell.gif (175 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
my life in a nutshell.gif
175 KB, 500x375
Is online dating degenerate?

I work 6 days (sometimes 7) a week and meet almost no one of the opposite sex because of my career path. It seems the only way for me to meet women is online.

I struggle though because online dating feels unnatural for some reason... also feels shallow.

What do you lads think?
>>
>>55193364

why don't you just go to bars and clubs?
>>
>>55193364
I'm 29 yrs old, I've tried it, didn't really like it to be honest. Tinder was alright, but I wasn't using it to find a gf, more just hookup stuff.
>>
if you work that much time you wont have time for a relationship she will feel emotionally neglected and will cheat on you

don't waste your time
>>
File: Soon.jpg (17 KB, 512x379) Image search: [Google]
Soon.jpg
17 KB, 512x379
>>55193364

Its is shallow, but that's the world we live in, no on just goes out anymore, only with people, and anyone out on their own is considered a weirdo/ potential rapist with no friends.

If you work so much looks like you are just stuck in online dating, just try and get good at it I guess.
>>
>>55193420
>>55193435
>>
>not having an interpals account and several qts
>>
>>55193364
With the type of schedule you run, I wouldn't say so. If you're actually looking to meet a girl and not just some random fuck then it's pretty much what you're forced to do.

It's hard to meet women when you're busy and the only places left are trolling bars and nightclubs for used up pussy.

Online dating is basically setting yourself up for a blind date. Instead of a couple that you're friends with setting you up with some girl you hardly know for a date, you guys are setting yourself up for one.

You don't want to date chicks from work, and you don't want to date chicks from bars.
>>
>>55193420

I don't drink so it's awkward.

>>55193484

Well things will be calming down a bit when next year comes by. I'll still be working 5-6 days but the problem is I work a ton of night shifts...

>>55193529
>no on just goes out anymore, only with people, and anyone out on their own is considered a weirdo/ potential rapist with no friends.

So much this. When I was a little younger I'd try to go out on the weekends and meet people but I was treated as a weirdo.
>>
>>55193678
>I don't drink so it's awkward.

Do you drink any fluids? Just drink coke and say its with whiskey/ jim beam if you have to or drink water and say its vodka...soda and say its vodka and soda etc...If you don't drink you have an advantage over the sloppy drunk losers creeping on women
>>
>>55193364
>Tindr for a quickie with the local loose girls
>Elite dating for a chance at your credit card stolen
>magazines for a mail order bride
>Craigs list for free aids

>bars for a quick divorce and regret
>church for a pleasant-ish life (religions have rules T_T)
>Agnostics and atheists tend to sleep around >.>

>Random encounters in shopping malls require balls and as mentioned it is RANDOM AS FUCK. IT COULD EVEN BE A TRAP

>Safest bet: Get to know someone...in more detail than you would a Harvest Moon Waifu.
That way you know how to push a womans buttons
>>
>>55193966
>Harvest Moon Waifu

so youre saying i should give her eggs every day...
>>
>>55193610
>>55193529

You're avoiding the fact that its nigh impossible to even get a woman to respond to a message let alone go on a date with you. If you even start a correspondence they will just randomly stop messaging you especially when you get to asking to see them in person.

Seriously if you haven't done this before you don't realise how hopeless it is. Even if you're good looking it won't work unless you have the right kinds of pictures and the right profile. But I imagine you'd have to be extremely, ridiculously good looking with a good body to get anywhere.

You'll get messages from unattractive women though.
>>
>>55193966

>>church for a pleasant-ish life (religions have rules T_T)

Everyone in my church is over 40 or already married so that's out. And I wouldn't leave my church for a new one just to find women, I like my pastor and denomination.

>bars for a quick divorce and regret

kek
>>
>>55193529
>Its is shallow, but that's the world we live in, no on just goes out anymore, only with people, and anyone out on their own is considered a weirdo/ potential rapist with no friends.

Just suck it up, if this is your only option its either that or be alone for the rest of your life. You'll get at most half the results you would if you went out with friends / wingmen, but its till easier then online dating.
>>
>>55193364
Give it a try, OP.
That's how I met my current girlfriend. We've been together for 6 years, living together and expecting a kid.
It took a lot of time but I ended up finding the right one.
Also, don't listen to idiots saying "its degenerate" "muh social interaction".
A dating website allows you to view and interact with thousands of "mates", while everyday interaction would allow you ... what? Ten per week? tops?
So statistically speaking you have more chances of finding someone that's good for you doing the online thing.
Just beware of psychos, there's a lot of them
>>
>>55193364

What would you say if people ask you how you met your gf? ( that you met online)

I think if it feels uncomfortable to admit that you met her online, then maybe it's not for you.
>>
Here's how to tell if something is degenerate:

Do you like it? If yes: not degenerate; if no: it's degenerate.
>>
I'm in class roughly 12 hours a day 6 days a week, so Tinder was the only option for me. I actually met a girl from there, but after a few dates and walks on the beach she cut off contact.
I dont know man, maybe you're better off staying solo
>>
>>55193364
It sucks and most of the people I know that are in relationships through online dating (or just online in general) are a bit nuts. Be conscious of this and it won't be that bad if you know the signs of a bad relationship. Honestly, just try branching out elsewhere because I never see it work out well.

Also I hope you are athletic and good with kids, that's what everyone wants in online dating.
>>
>>55193364

Online dating for hookups is just fine, senpai.

Looking for a real partner? I don't know, friends of friends usually. You do have those, right?
>>
>>55193364
It's constantly single mothers with numerous children or divorcees looking to "make up for lost time".
>>
>>55193420
Women in clubs are fucking disgusting. 99% throw their ass at whoever claims it.
>inb4 rejected fedora wearing autistic ugly manlet
>>
>>55196078

Went out with a friend of mine to a club last year and he started making out with a chick and finger fucking her for a solid 5 minutes.

After they both had enough she found a new guy and he found a new chick and started all over again.

Not for me tbqh.
>>
>>55193678
>>55193529
I can confirm. I work a shitton and dont have time to sync up and hang out with people/friends 1 on 1, or even a group. I end up going to bars alone and I always get stared at and asked dumb questions by people. Ill get hit on by the real weirdo's, get invited to drink with obscure people (usually groups of girls with the stupid questions, and occasionally the loner sperg girl who ventures in alone. But I dont want to be with anybody.
>>
How can I get laid without spending money, leaving my house (except to have sex), or posting my picture online? There has to be a way
>>
It suck all dignity out of life, to be honest. The whole deal just feels bleh, incredibly hard to break the ice. For some people, i don't know.

Also, girls tend to be somewhat, for the lack of the better word, "interesting". By that i mean either not so good looking as they are in their pictures, or obviously unbalanced or just plain weird.

A somewhat well-adjusted, pretty woman wouldn't go for dates on the internet, cause she gets all the attention she needs from men IRL.

Your best bet is being introduced through mutual friends, that's how i met all my girlfriends.
>>
File: datestats.jpg (117 KB, 655x727) Image search: [Google]
datestats.jpg
117 KB, 655x727
it is not degenerate, it is a fact of modern life. be careful though, some people get scammed.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.