[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lies that are being taught by athesist.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 19
File: url.jpg (203 KB, 621x877) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
203 KB, 621x877
Atheism is nothing more than bullshit. What is funny is how many atheists claim that iconic people such as Albert Einstein and Carl Sagan were also atheists. Again, this is bullshit. Carl Sagan was agnostic, and Einstein was Jewish.

Another lie that atheists like to tell is that people who believe in God have lower IQs. This one makes me laugh because these dumb fucks will go to the ghetto to do their stats and polls. I'm sure that if they ask someone in the ghetto, they will get the answer that they want.

They avoid true stats by carefully selecting their targets. Rather than ask successful people, they as bubba from the trailer park. The stats are manipulated.

Atheists are doing the very thing that they are criticizing believers for. They are trying to cram atheism down our throats.
>>
>>55192283
Neither Einstein nor Sagan believed in one of the revealed abrahamic religions.

Deism is kind of ok.
>>
go do something productive senpai
>>
They were deists, which is pretty much the same thing as atheism.

God in deism is so abstract and distant from the traditional notion of god that there is hardly any difference between that vague force and there not being a god at all.
>>
File: 1442135986991.gif (820 KB, 3558x3364) Image search: [Google]
1442135986991.gif
820 KB, 3558x3364
>>55192283
>science
>atheist's domain
nope
>>
>>55192283
agnostic=athiest
Also Einstein was Jewish because one or more of his grandparents/parents was jewish, not cause he believed himself. So technically he was a Jewish atheist
>>
>>55192283
>Carl Sagan was agnostic

How do you not fucking know that agnostic and atheist aren't mutually exclusive categories.

Agnostic just means without knowledge, or not claiming to know for sure. You can be agnostic about the existence of tables, or you can be gnostic. Every sane person in the entire fucking world is agnostic about everything other than their own existence.

Being
an
"agnostic"
means
nothing
>>
>>55192658
>implying that isn't a result of their time
If they were born today, the majority of your list would be atheists.
>>
>>
>>55192717

That is a damn good question. If atheists believe this, then why don't they call themselves agnostic? You see atheism is just a giant ad hominem against all religion. An agnostic thinks logically, an atheist uses the ad hominem fallacy and other illogical arguments to attack religion. Also, there are some ignorant atheists who make the claim that there is no God. This is also a fallacy.
>>
File: 1411855258220.png (72 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1411855258220.png
72 KB, 800x800
>>
>>55193102
In my opinion, the term agnostic with regards to religion should just not be used any more. It's by far the status quo to believe or disbelieve in God, but not claim to know for certain whether or not. It's just misleading to ever use the term agnostic here.

>>55193252
"True" agnosticism doesn't exist. You either believe or disbelieve. The neutral point of belief is Agnostic Atheism.
>>
The reason that Carl Sagan said that atheism is stupid is because these people put themselves in a different category than agnostics for a reason. Now, let's think about that. They say it is because they do not believe in a God, but they also say that they cannot prove that a God does not exist (some of them say that there is no God which is stupid). A believer can say the same thing in a different way. They cannot prove that there is a God, but they do believe (faith) that there is a God. Sagan was simply saying that many atheists were rushing to judgement without knowing whether or not there may be evidence. He was right.
>>
>>55192283
Strange thing... the original Christians were called atheists because they didn't believe in the gods. In fact, the original Christians didn't even believe that Jesus was God, that idea didn't start until the pagans took it over.
>>
>>55192549
This

I think you need to read up on your definitions my boy
>>
>>55193532
shut the fuck up. You basically just made that shit up faggot nigger kek.
>>
>>55193252
>still parroting Agnosticism being a middle-man/mutually-exclusive

Stop.

Apatheism is an even further indication of the intellectual-coward.
>>
>>55192658
>2000 years of Christianity produce an amount of scientist equivalent to 4% of the entire population of scientist today

sasuga
>>
>>55195043
except that that 4% are the geniuses which basically laid the foundation for modern science.
You atheists are some of the most retarded niggers out there. Most of you have never set foot in college.
>>
>>55193252
i'm in between Gnostic/Agnostic Atheist, i don't believe no one can ever know if there isn't a creator, but at the same time science for the past 100 years has often times we're often wrong with our initial hypothesis. What if there is a creator thing/event/ force that is nothing like we have imagine or known thus far?
>>
>>55195043
what is a scientist though?
>>
>>55192283
Who told you they were Atheists?
>>
>>55195164
>that 4% are the geniuses
>most of them are just contributors who were religious, or just regular scientist who were also religious.
>>
File: elizabeth-banks-photos-10.jpg (83 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
elizabeth-banks-photos-10.jpg
83 KB, 1024x768
>>55192283
heh...

I've had so many discussions with religious people in real life, and this is the most common question I encounter:

>If God doesn't exist, then why don't we all live by "survival of the fittest" and murder, rape, and pillage one another because there are no rules and morality is pointless?

After much contemplation, I've decided that religious people are anti-social whackjobs whose fear of an ethereal macrocosmic being breathing down their neck keeps them from going full retard.

So please, suit yourself. In fact, I'll even pray with you that God gives you the strength to not become a nigger.
>>
>>55192283
Back to your containment board, please take the atheist shitposters with you
>>/his/
>>
>>55195572
okay, but why don't we?
>>
>>55195634
why should we?
>>
>>55195656
I don't know. Humans are aberrant in many ways. You said you contemplated it, so you must have an answer instead of personally attacking everyone and sticking your head in the sand
>>
>>55195377
contributors as in normal contributors rather than renown inventors, they did science and religion, where everyone who has their same education pretty much did that.
>>
>>55195572
>heh...
stopped reading here desu.
>>
>>55192549
Not even close, atheism believes for a fact that there is no god.

Agnosticism says that we don't know if a god exists.

There is a vast difference.
>>
>>55192283
of course they use the fallacy of selective clusters

remember atheism is the religion arrogant ignorant people join to appear smart and have a sense of superiority.
>their bible: the god delusion
>their prophet: richard dawkins
>their symbol: that fish with legs or that stupid A made from half an atom
>"hur you dont question anything you just parrot away what the bible says, now let me parrot away my many "books" about atheism and not question them"
>"you blindly accept what some old man said in a book? you are ignorant. Now let me blindly accept what some old man in a lab coat said in a mainstream news article as the absolute truth without question"
>"hur religion has killed millions of people. now please ignore how communism and atheism killed millions of people because they were following a religion."
>"a man in the sky created everything from nothing? ppffftt * rolls eyes* *eats doritos* you CANT create something from nothing you retard! lol now let me explain to you how according to my theory at the beginning there was nothing, then that nothing exploded "
>"im so tolerant that i argue and get mad at religious people instead of saying to each its own"
>>
>>55195746
Because that's not what "survival of the fittest" means.
>>
>>55195936
all that contemplation and all you could come up with was "your definitions dont match mine"?

pathetic
>>
not believing in something to which there is no evidence for is bullshit.
>>
File: 1443663605349.png (8 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
1443663605349.png
8 KB, 469x463
>>55195377
>Newton
>Leibniz
>Gauss
>"Contributors who were religious"

Ok buddy. Again you have no idea what you are talking about. Just these 3 that I mentioned are some of the greatest mathematicians that have ever lived, yet you fucking uneducated fedora tippers think that they are just "contributors". Top kek.

I bet your idea of a genius is someone like Dawkins or Hitchens.
>>
>>55196099
>Watch carefully, as I kick this strawman over and declare victory.

It's not *my* definition.

The biological concept of fitness is literally defined as, "reproductive success".

All you have to do to be considered "fit" is to procreate.
>>
>>55196395
>conveniently ignore everything else

you are part of the reason no one likes atheists. intellectually dishonest and jewish through and through

take your pilpul somewhere else
>>
File: Gregor_Mendel_oval.jpg (71 KB, 474x600) Image search: [Google]
Gregor_Mendel_oval.jpg
71 KB, 474x600
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Mendel

Mendel. A fucking priest. Established the basics of modern genetics.

Religion and science are not mutually exclusive, and neither is a guarantee of the intelligence level of the person. It's just that the general atheist (the fedora, neckbeard, virgin type, yeah stereotypes exist for a reason) just love to appear smart because they are not, and since they can't actually be smarter, they try to belittle and insult everyone else, you know, stand out by lowering the rest instead of rising yourself.

So just remember them fucking Gregor Mendel
>>
>>55192283
>atheism is bullshit
>people can't not believe in my magical sky wizard
>>
>>55196510
What part am I ignoring?

>murder, rape, and pillage one another because there are no rules and morality is pointless?
Even assuming there are no rules and morality is pointless (which is not something I actually believe, but just another accusation and associated guilt trip - "well if God doesn't make the rules, rules don't exist either, and you don't want that, do you?" - something they are fond of), there is obviously no rule that says we should murder, rape, and pillage one another.

Is there anything else you feel I'm trying to conceal or ignore?
>>
The core issue that tends to lie with atheism is the refusal of some ideas being confused as the refusal of all of them.
>>
>>55196668
this. it takes an idiot to be an idiot
>>
>>55196668
agnosticism is the way to go.
>>
>>55196315
>say that most are only contributors
>ergo some are major contributors
>overzealous christian gets butt-hurt when he mentions the minority that actually shaped science
sasuga
>>
If you are truly christian you don't get to choose what parts of the bible are legitimate and what parts are to be taken "symbolically." Hope you poltards don't own polyester.
That being said I'd consider myself a deist
>>
>>55196778
All I'm highlighting is that the first thing a religious person reaches for upon being confronted with their deity not existing is turning into violent psychopaths.

I didn't come up with this shit. I don't seriously suggest becoming a nigger because there isn't some magical man who gets mad at me.
>>
File: lemaitre_001.jpg (7 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
lemaitre_001.jpg
7 KB, 320x240
http://www.amnh.org/education/resources/rfl/web/essaybooks/cosmic/p_lemaitre.html

Father Georges Lemaître
Ph.D. in Physics from MIT
First theorized the Big Bang and first to observe the expansion of space
>>
>>55196943
No its not thats retarded.

>>55196963
This is very true, we shouldn't be making shit up about doctrine to validate beliefs. However, we must work to understand the texts in the Bible properly. One important part of that is to look up the text's genre, context, and structure.
>>
>>55192334
>>55192703
Not true, Einstein definitely practiced Judaism in secular form. He was circumcised, did not eat pork, and celebrated all of the Jewish holidays as well as believed in the Jewish god
>>
>People being religious
Not an issue for science.
>People taking everything the bible takes literally, believing the earth was created a few thousand years ago and so on
Probably an issue.
>>
>>55192549
>traditional notion of god
Are you talking about that old man in the sky who likes going around, destroying the world and giving its followers life hacks? Yeah, no. This representation of God is even more illogical than the deistical one. It is also paradoxical, as God is a perfect entity that consists only of qualities. God cannot be an asshole like it is in the Old Testament, since being an asshole is a flaw in general. QED
>>
"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal god is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being."

>idea of a personal god is a childlike one
>but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist

What the fuck did he believe in? God as a natural force or some shit
>>
This just in.

Agnost means 'Without knowing' from the latin prefix 'a' meanining 'without' and 'gnostic' meaning 'knowledge'

So when one claims to be 'agnostic,' you should simply say 'I too!' because NONE of us know whether or not God exists.

HOWEVER, Sagan and his ilk were more than likely Agnostic Atheists, meaning they did not KNOW whether god existed or not, but they did not ACTIVELY believe in any personal (theism) god or overarching god (deism).

You guys are faggots if you don't take these into your basic axioms and stop trying to portray these people and believers when they were more than likely agnostic atheists.
>>
File: 1446828830624.jpg (36 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
1446828830624.jpg
36 KB, 400x460
>>55192283
>mfw when u see faggots claiming to be agnostic-atheists.
>>
Have you ever talked with a priest who was also a scientist?

They don't follow the standard Christianity at all. They will tell you that Bible is not supposed to be taken seriously or as some ultimate truth.

They are barely real Christians. They believe in God but not the official Vatican version of God.

I don't even understand why they stay as priests.
>>
>>55197813
If they are honest with themselves they will be deists at best (realizing the voice in their head is their own) or theists at worst (thinking they have a personal connection to god).
>>
>>55197083
So what, I celebrate Christmas and I'm atheist.
It's not like you can uncircumcise yourself either.
>>
File: trash.png (50 KB, 180x191) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
50 KB, 180x191
>>55192283
>MFW this is propaganda
>MFW /pol/ still listening to the internet jew
>MFW Christians literally dedicate their lives everyday to make these threads
>MFW Christianity is the religion of peace right?
>>
>>55197813
They tell you some parts of the Bible are not to be taken literally. Or the represent theological but not scientific truths. This is the position of the Vatican.
>>
File: 117087022.jpg (28 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
117087022.jpg
28 KB, 399x400
>>55197083
>Judaism in secular form, but believed in the Jewish god
>secular, but believed in god
>SECULAR, BUT BELIEVED IN GOD

You're fucking retarded bruv. You're straight up contradicting yourself.

Protip: Einstein didn't believe in the Jewish god
>>
>>55196668
Science and Magic are mutually exclusive.

If you have a religion that is magic based....that is the problem. People with such a religion (like Christianity) have to compartmentalize their beliefs.
>>
>>55197335
That's actually not the traditional notion.
>>
>>55192334

Deism is more rational than atheism. Atheism is just as stupid as theism.
>>
File: Atheists BTFO again.png (197 KB, 609x813) Image search: [Google]
Atheists BTFO again.png
197 KB, 609x813
>>
File: YHVH with two other gods.jpg (41 KB, 468x351) Image search: [Google]
YHVH with two other gods.jpg
41 KB, 468x351
>>55198235
The traditional notion of God is an anthropomorphic deity, you're probably thinking of the Hellenistic concept like the perfect unmoved movers who rotated the planets.
>>
>>55198256
It's more rational to believe that because there is no evidence of intelligent design therefore it does not exist than to say I believe in intelligent design even though there is no evidence that it happened
>>
File: 1423296777408.gif (864 KB, 160x270) Image search: [Google]
1423296777408.gif
864 KB, 160x270
>>55197995
Christians are literally dedicated to worshiping the GOD OF THE JEWS. Christianity is a religion invented by Jews to control non-jews. That is why you get so many fucking conservative christian bible thumpers WHO LOVE ISRAEL AND JEWS. It's the dumbest shit ever. It's the reason christian countries give so much money to Israel and Jews. It's all a FUCKING SCAM.

Hell, they won't even let you be one of the chosen people, they just want you to worship their GOD! It's all a fucking crock of shit!
>>
File: 1708708702.jpg (28 KB, 640x435) Image search: [Google]
1708708702.jpg
28 KB, 640x435
>>55197699
>mfw you don't know the meaning of basic words

>You: How can he claim to like Ice-Cream and Pizza!!! HA HA HA H!!!! What a faggot!

see >>55197610 moron
>>
>>55192283
God does exist. God doesnt exist. Doesnt reall matter. But one thing is for sure, most Christians are pretty uninlightened.
>>
>>55193252
If you don't believe in God you're an atheist.

If you don't believe in something, that is by definition disbelief so "I neither believe nor disbelieve' is impossible.

People who refer to themselves as "agnostics" are far, far more retarded than theists.
>>
>>55195164
This is untrue. You, my son, sound like the one who has never gone to college.
>>
>>55198556

Are you going to provide proof, or more ad hominem fallacies? You see, you are proving my point. Atheism is nothing more than an ad hominem.
>>
>>55198840

So you would refer to Carl Sagan as "retarded?" Agnosticism is a fancy word for "I don't know." Smart people will admit when they do not know something. That is why there is what is known as "LEARNING." Arrogant dumb fucks like you already believe you know everything, so you are unteachable.
>>
>>55195903
Christians and Muslems are the dame group of people. "Believers".....a bunch of tards.
>>
>>55192283
>christfags actually think scientists are religious
why are religious people so dumb? Oh yeah it's a requirement for being religious.
>>
>>55196315
Religious people are not the smartest of people.>>55196510
>>
File: The Trinity.jpg (1 MB, 2423x3051) Image search: [Google]
The Trinity.jpg
1 MB, 2423x3051
>>55198408
Mate, the ancient Israeli god YHWH was a transcendent god. This was made clear with the burning bush story. The fire surrounds the bush but is not consumed. They are not mutually competing forces.

God being written as a person is just an easy way to understand and express something so abstract. Hence why, despite God being understood as not a being, but source of being itself in later centuries you still get artwork like pic related.
>>
>>55192283
>conic people such as Albert Einstein and Carl Sagan were also atheists
no one has ever said this
>>
>>55199053
If he claims that agnosticism is some kind of middle ground between theism and atheism, then yes, Carl Sagan is retarded.

Belief is binary and knowledge has nothing to do with it. You either believe in God or you do not. You are either atheist or theist, regardless of being gnostic or agnostic.
>>
File: The March of God In the World .jpg (124 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
The March of God In the World .jpg
124 KB, 800x600
>>55192283
I do not believe in an Abrahamic God.

But I do believe there is something innately spiritual about the culture of Anglo-Saxon origin.

The architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright, music of Richard Wagner, politics of Jefferson, and philosophy of Hegel speak for itself. There is a profound and distinct beauty there that can be found nowhere else. Superior. I believe in it.
>>
>>55199217
>>55198408

And no, The Holy Spirit is not actually a dove.
>>
>But I do believe there is something innately spiritual about the culture of Anglo-Saxon origin.

Spirituality connecting you to... what?
>>
>>55196668
Wow. You really are a tard. Did you use voice activated text to write these comments?>>55197053
>>
>>55193252

That chart is bullshit, "Gnostic Theism" is something entirely different.
>>
>>55195811
Atheists don't believe in a god, but we never say it's a fact that there is no god. Allah is just as believable as the christian cunt. We decide on finding evidence first
>>
>>55192283
so is that an absolute or finite definition?
>>
File: goodguyreligion.jpg (93 KB, 1000x670) Image search: [Google]
goodguyreligion.jpg
93 KB, 1000x670
>>55193252
>>
By the way, christianism is not a jewish religion. It has little notions of the hebraic faith (basically old testament, which isn't very important in theology, or in any discipline besides history) but it is mostly based on the ideas of the greeks (Plato, Aristotle), and the humanism which is a thing of Jesus and not jewish at all.
>>
>>55198908
You gotta be kidding me faggot. Seriously, if you were to take even an introductory calculus course in a community college, the first thing they would teach you is that both Newton and Leibniz invented calculus separately. Without calculus our understanding of physics and astronomy would be incomplete, you retarded nigger.
>>55199197
Based on that logic than you are pretty religious, since you can't actually form a coherent argument. I have no idea why you linked my comment to other guy's.
>>
>>55200464

>christianism is not a jewish religion

You worship a sandnigger god, worship a dead sandnigger, and believe sandnigger stories.

Fucking CIDF over here.
>>
File: 1433207794879.jpg (619 KB, 1139x877) Image search: [Google]
1433207794879.jpg
619 KB, 1139x877
>>55196953
You sound like someone who is trying way too hard to sound smart, yet are failing miserably. I feel like my IQ is dropping from just reading your replies, you dumb uneducated nigger.

>say that most are only contributors

That's what you said, you retarded fucking nigger. I never said that.

>ergo some are major contributors

You clearly don't know how to use the word "ergo". Here's a tip: Don't use it, because your sentence and the preceding statement do not make any sense.

>overzealous christian gets butt-hurt when he mentions the minority that actually shaped science

Why in the fuck would I gett "butt-hurt" when I mention the "minority that actually shaped science"? Do you realize how your reply makes absolutely no sense? Are you really this fucking retarded or did you just smoke crack?
>>
>>55192283
>Carl Sagan was agnostic, and Einstein was Jewish.
Agnosticism is still a form of atheism. Because you do not say whether god does or does not exist, you by definition are atheist. Theism is purporting the existence of the god. Atheism is a lack of that.

You could have "Gnostic Atheism" in which the atheist purports to know there is no God. That's hard atheism. You could have "Agnostic Theism" where someone believes in God but doesn't claim it as objective knowledge. Sagan was Agnostic atheist. He said many times he did not believe in God and saw no need for one in the cosmic order, but he never claimed to be able to know for sure.

>Einstein was Jewish
So was Sagan, idiot. Neither were religious, but Jewish by ancestry. Einstein also said he didn't believe in a personal, anthropomorphized God. In other words, he did not believe in the entity "Yahweh" that Jews worship. His idea of "God" was the totality of the universe operating under the laws of physics.
>>
>>55197380
Basically, yes.
>>
>>55192283
>Not being a theist is nothing more than bullshit.
Uhhh...

>What is funny is how many atheists claim that iconic people such as Albert Einstein and Carl Sagan were also atheists.
As if that's really important.

>Again, this is bullshit. Carl Sagan was agnostic,
Oh boy... You don't know do you? About agnosticism? Carl Sagan is agnostic, like me. He's an agnostic atheist.

>and Einstein was Jewish.
Okay then. Didn't know that he believed in the God of Judaism. Never seen him make that statement during his fame.

>Another lie that atheists like to tell is that people who believe in God have lower IQs.
Maybe on average. There's no proof of that though, I don't think.

>This one makes me laugh because these dumb fucks will go to the ghetto to do their stats and polls.
That's too bad. Maybe they should do IQ tests in areas more representative of the countries population. I haven't seen proof of the studies or the fraud.

>I'm sure that if they ask someone in the ghetto, they will get the answer that they want.
Yeah they could have a confirmation bias.

>They avoid true stats by carefully selecting their targets. Rather than ask successful people, they as bubba from the trailer park. The stats are manipulated.
Proof?

>Atheists are doing the very thing that they are criticizing believers for. They are trying to cram atheism down our throats.
That's too bad... You should practise with a banana daily to make the deep throating you get from Atheism easier.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.