[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you do if your son was a NEET past 20 years old, with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 1
File: typical millenial.jpg (163 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
typical millenial.jpg
163 KB, 500x385
What would you do if your son was a NEET past 20 years old, with no plans of getting a job or moving out, /pol/?

I know this isn't a very common topic here but as I know a lot of people here are NEETs I'm curious how NEETs would react to their hypothetical child being a NEET.
>>
>>55190232

Hardmode: your son has multiple health issues preventing him from easily obtaining a job complicated by other factors such as lack of access to city work
>>
>>55190277
>your son has multiple health issues preventing him from easily obtaining a job complicated by other factors such as lack of access to city work

Yeah i'm pretty sure most of /r9k/ doesn't have any disabilities, besides lack of discipline or work ethic.

I'm really curious if they would kick themselves out if they were their parents. I think I'll ask them next.
>>
>>55190340

Thats why its the hardmode. Its not always the hardmode.
>>
my brother is 29 years old neet
any idea how to help him?
i tried invest some money into him, he used to be /fit/ but stopped
He blames our father for everything
>>
>>55190232

neet here

this question is meaningless because a neet would not consider having kids as he lives for himself and not for others, the moment you have a kid that changes

with that said, if my son turned out to be a neet i would tell him to at least make a buck from playing games by going competitive in some game and streaming and shit but who knows hows that going to work in the future? instead of being all negative about neets, just embrace what they are and as long as it turns a buck then i dont see the harm; this is assuming that i was not in precarious financial situation of course
>>
>>55190277
dude weed lmao i have several bulging discs and i still work in a construction field. mind over matter.
>>
Refuse to feed him the bare minimum food required for human survival, he wants more fancy meals? He can get a job

And when be does get a part time job, charge him rent, he gets cut hours, don't listen to his shit and tell him to find a job with an employer who will give him more hours of current employer has him llcked at 25 a week

Happening right now, my job has ms cut down to 25 a week, and they "don't need more than that for help" so I have an interview with someone on Monday that promised me 40 hours a week
>>
>>55190548
>my brother is 29 years old neet
>any idea how to help him?

Kick him out.

It may seem harsh but it's the only way, I have actually spoken to quite a few previous-NEETs who were unambitious losers around 20 years old and they said when they got kicked out it was hard but they quickly learned to work(gained work ethic), got motivated and funnily enough lost their virginity.

It's good motivation to know if you slack off and stop working you will be hungry/homeless.
>>
>>55190679

>mind over matter
>oh wait, my legs gave out because I have sciatica and couldnt walk
>Now this 100 pound object is on my throat, but Im fine, mind over matter!
>>
>>55190733
>>55190679

Alternately, and more likely:

>Do you have any health problems

Yes and you dont get the job, no and its fraud.
>>
>>55190699

Fucking phone

*Refuse to feed him more than the required bare minimum for basic human survival, so the basic neutrients and basic meals, like a balogna sandwice and a glass of water, if he wants more he can get a job and help with the groceries

If he is only getting bare minimum hours at his job, don't give him money, but make him find a job with someone who will give him more hours
>>
>>55190619
> neet would not consider having kids as he lives for himself and not for others

This OP.

It's like asking why suicidal people don't just say fuck it and go to a sketchy part of the world, fuck hookers and do a lot of drugs.

They don't see the point in it, just like a true NEET (no true scotsman fallacy incoming) would never have a child.
>>
>>55190232

get drunk and game
>>
>>55190841

Welfare pays for his food.
>>
>>55190864
>>55190841

>Welfare pays for his food.

*and he eats better than you do
>>
>have kids
>don't provide a job for them
>be angry they don't buy into society's bullshit

You don't just get to selfishly "have a kid" and enjoy how cute they are, give them a life of artificially inflated comfort, then throw them to the wolves at 18.

If you don't have a career lined up for your offspring, you are a failed parent. You shouldn't even have had kids if you didn't know you'd have a livelihood lined up for them later.

The rich and powerful are into nepotism because it works, and since they do what works instead of what's "right", they remain rich and powerful.
>>
>>55190733

There's a difference between crippled and minor physical disabilities

I broke twisted my knee and broke my foot when I fell off a ladder while cleaning my gutters, did I not work for a month? No. I got a knee brace and foot splint and went to work anyway, did it hurt? Fuck yes it did, I was also on prescription painkillers too so I was numb in my leg about 50% of the shift
>>
>>55190891

Actually, if the owner of the house makes more than the cutoff point to receive welfare (22,000 a year) anyone living in said house is not ellegible for benefits
>>
>>55191068

>Actually, if the owner of the house makes more than the cutoff point to receive welfare (22,000 a year) anyone living in said house is not ellegible for benefits

Rents a room to the person, who is an adult at this point and not a dependent.
>>
I've got a cousin who is a neckbeard NEET. He's gained a lot of weight this last year and can't be assed to do much. His mom, my aunt, passed away earlier this year so I am sure that he is depressed and lacking motivation. I don't want him to be a loser, how can I help him? Saying "just b ur self" would likely be met with a resounding "REEEEE"
>>
>>55190974

Some problems come and go, the problem described could be managed and then return upon lifting anything above 10-20lbs

When not working, they are able. When attempting to work, they become injured.
>>
>>55190232
U can still be a neet shut in and work for a living. Most people working aren't superstars. They're just punching a clock waiting for the weekend.
>>
>>55190232
I would begin a series of conversations to be honest about his troubles and to accept them and help him improve them. It would likely be my fault that he is like he is.
>>
>>55191355

>U can still be a neet shut in and work for a living

Not actually, considering being employed and being a neet are polar opposites, and that the N and E in NEET stand for Not Employed.
>>
>>55191355

How?

NEET stands for
Not in
Education,
Employment or
Training
>>
>>55191487

I suppose it could also stand for Not Employed, Educated or Trained
>>
Fucking go to /r9k/ with this shit. I fucking can't stand all these threads here lately that don't belong. Just fuck off. I don't want to hear about fucking neet problems and gf shit. Fuck off already.
>>
>>55190854
>It's like asking why suicidal people don't just say fuck it and go to a sketchy part of the world, fuck hookers and do a lot of drugs.

I'm asking NEETs to place themselves in their parents shoes and how they would approach the problem.
>>
>>55190232
Guy in the picture. Doesn't he look just a little bit like the guy who plays Thor? Facially?
>>
>>55191303
>I don't want him to be a loser, how can I help him? Saying "just b ur self" would likely be met with a resounding "REEEEE"

read: >>55190700
>>
>>55191556

RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
>>
Well, by then my son will be apprenticing with me to carry on my family business so it won't be a problem. He doesn't have to move out, as I do not. I'm hoping that when I get older he'll take care of me like I take care of my family. We have a nice house in the country with quite a lot of acres that I don't want to leave the family.
>>
>>55190911
>If you don't have a career lined up for your offspring, you are a failed parent

>Waaah wahhh i didn't get spoonfed by my parents and all the work done for me
>>
>>55191985
this here. i never understand this idiotic idea of the poor where treating their children like tenants and separating them from their wealth in order to teach them some sort of fucked up lesson about how hard and shitty it is to scrape together a living. i thought ur supposed to do this so they dont have to go through it.
Its basically making every new generation start from scratch instead of them building off of eachother. The wealth never compounds, which it is why its something so common among poor and these families stay poor.
>>
>>55193238
>i never understand this idiotic idea of the poor where treating their children like tenants and separating them from their wealth in order to teach them some sort of fucked up lesson about how hard and shitty it is to scrape together a living

It's to teach work ethic, it's mentally hard to "give it your all" and work as hard as you can and make smart decisions about your career choices when you know regardless of what you choose you'll have a warm home with nice food.

>The wealth never compounds, which it is why its something so common among poor and these families stay poor

Like 70% of wealth disperses by 2 generations, i believe it's around 90% after 3 generations(can't remember exact figure but something like that). For wealth to remain in a family past 3 generations is the richest of the rich and extremely rare. - This can be attributed to children wasting the money they never earned mostly
>>
>>55190232
My child wouldn't be neet because I would teach it about the world, where we stand in the universe and why life is a gift.

I'm a neet for one reason: Communists. I am prevented from getting away or increasing my income. No joke, it's not allowed in my home and the state is the enforcer. I wish I was delusional but this is the absolute truth. Everyone in my family grew up with domestic orders year after year, they are all victimized bullshit from a foreign national whom has collected welfare for over 40 years while working full time and committed multiple murders with the government's full knowledge. If even one toe is over the line, that's a weekend in jail. Got a job interview? Jail. Cleaning the kitchen? Jail. Taking a fucking shower at 7pm? Knifed in the chest, cunt.
Does any of this makes sense to you? Let me tell you that this is no fucking joke.
We aren't allowed to drive, we were all made to leave school asap and beg for cash-in-hand labor work; which ended up exactly like you think it would (Jailed for failing). The race to the bottom is definitely in full effect in Australia. I have never committed any crime against any person, yet our governments would argue I'm a violent lunatic because I have such an extensive charge sheet.
There is absolutely no safety net for government funded extortion. This is exactly what causes mass killings, it's the only cause and the powers that be are well aware of this. My little brother is seriously so close to snapping, he's been self harming in psychotic states for years now and he's nearly done with it. Welfare is 100% a human right in Australia and it's open bar.

You absofuckinglutely cannot stop this at all. (First generation in family to live like this, also I am a white anchor, probably whiter than you.)
I just want to be able to drive, there is literally no path it will cost over $4000 to get on P plates and to that off, I only have year 10.
As far as I can see, I might as well have no file with my state
>>
>>55190548
Tell him to quit being a pussy. My father hated me and I'm doing pretty well for myself.

He's just making excuses
>>
>>55193560

>Australia
>Communism
>>
>>55193560
What the fuck?

Were you born in a maximum security prison?
>>
>>55193659
Yeah dude after the 80s we are F-U-C-K-E-D to the point where the NATIONALISTS and the LIBERALS formed a COALITION, think about that

>>55193675
This is no troll, no shill, no bullshit cunt I have seen a dead body because it didn't want to buy beer
>>
>>55193560

So, this comedy skit is actually true?

https://youtu.be/s96drQkfpPI
>>
>>55193778
Wait so what did you do to live like this? I'm not really understanding the story.

Why can't you just get a job?
>>
>>55193457
i dont think you necessarily have to kick your son to the streets and cut him off to teach him work ethic. kind of a lazy technique id say. plus the feeling of alienation can be crippling for some.

and those stats are a little vague for a process with so many variations. i think a better term would be resources instead of wealth, implying things like land, small businesses, connections, skills, etc instead of a big chunk of money.
>>
>>55193792

>Lying about a job for almost 20 years

Jesus fucking Christ

Longest I've gone without some form of work is MAYBE 10 months
>>
>>55193971
>i think a better term would be resources instead of wealth, implying things like land, small businesses, connections, skills, etc instead of a big chunk of money

Net worth is what was implied. It is super uncommon for a family to remain rich longer than a couple of generations was my point.

>i dont think you necessarily have to kick your son to the streets and cut him off to teach him work ethic. kind of a lazy technique id say

It isn't when they refuse to work, then it's necessary.

If you enable NEETs they will grow complacent and eventually get to 30+ y/o without any skills, experience or work ethic. Then they will not be able to find any job because they're so far behind
>>
I was neet from 21-23 it was an ok time but I wish I had been in school or even working minimum wage.

When I have kids I am telling them their whole life that they are moving out at 18. They can stay the summer after grade 12 but they have to go to university (I'll help pay) in another province or get a job.

That's what my inlaws did to both of their daughters and they turned out pretty good. My gf fucked up and has a liberal arts degree.. She makes 50k a year now so she got lucky.

I'll tell the kids I'll only pay if it is something useful.
>>
>>55194438
i'd just gas them if they become neet desu
>>
NEETs are the result of a cause and effect.

The fact that NEETs exist because society has advanced so much in its economy, means that your country is doing rather well.
This essentially means:

Your country has more than enough population
to do the jobs required.
Employers can select from a wide variety of candiates instead of settling for what is available.
Money gets spread around evenly.
Welfare for the NEETs is justified.

I know this because im a NEET myself. You should be happy that NEETs exist in your country. It means that its advancing in its economy.
>>
>>55193941
If I had a job I would have the highest income in the house and therefore would be the biggest monkey. That doesn't fly, not for one second. I would also be paying tax which is a "no-no".

A full blown programmed commie, we are all equal under the government and families are a construct. Welfare is a human right. It was a progression from drug addict wanderer with kids into disabled cunt who "just sits in the road" and demands subsidy. It is a combination of: no justice system for this, increasing rewards for making it worse, frustration at the state for not playing ball (Not taking kids and giving life of consumption on platter.). It is 100% domestic terrorism, the threats made against us would make you shit your breeches, we've got everything from the police to jihadis breathing down our neck.
No shit I told the cunt about deportation and next thing I know: Jihad!

There is no Australia for my brothers or I. There is just this maniac.

There is a light though, I have got the perfect case for instant deportation and am putting it to use as soon as is viable. I just have to hope this housing bullshit is successful and it could happen within the quarter, either that or I'm likely to be dead.
>>
>>55190232
You idiots always ask these type of questions "what if your child at a later age is X" but fail to realize any good patent would never let that situation arise in the first place
>>
>>55195006
No cunt it means you've got a BAD commie problem, look at Germany.
>>
>>55190232
I would use nepotism to get him a job where I work and watch him like a hawk.
>>
>>55190232
Pot, meet kettle
>>
>>55190679
You should probably get that taken care of, champ.
>>
>>55190232
>What would you do if your son was a NEET past 20 years old, with no plans of getting a job or moving out

Not in my fucking house.

Get a job and pay rent or go live on the fucking streets.
>>
I believe neetism to be the natural evolution of the human race. Working is for losers. Nobody got rich from working hard.
>>
>>55190277
Hardmode is your daughter is NEET
>>
>>55190232
If your kid is a NEET you probably weren't a good parent to them.
You probably spent zero time training them for independence or even tried to prevent them from building connections outside of family.

You can't keep telling your kid nobody outside your house is good enough to be friends with him/her and than expect him/her to suddenly find job and comfort in independence the moment you decide they should have it.

Your ONE job was to raise them to be independent.
>>
>>55195524
>I believe neetism to be the natural evolution of the human race. Working is for losers

How will you survive?

>Nobody got rich from working hard

Someone has to work hard to provide for you.
Is that fair to your parents, that they're working to provide for a fully capable man?
>>
>>55195816
I mean, we've come to an age, where a bunch of people can invent a bunch of robots to automate everything and only a little amount of people need to be working.
Also work is not rewarded, at least in my country, if you work as a factory worker for your whole life, you will never be able to buy a house, buy a new car, or sustain a family with at least 2 children. So why work? In social times, there was a job security and apartments and cars for everybody, in those times, work eventually rewarded you, you could sustain a family, buy an apartment/house, buy a new lada(kek). But now, you can't do that, I don't see a reason to work, if I can't have a healthy family, why work?
And I'm a mechanical engineer and a programmer, yet I can't find the will to work.
>>
>>55196063
this is why the world is declining every year
>>
The creation of your full-on retard shell of a human gen X-Y neet happens in the part of the brain that deals with LANGUAGE ACQUISITION. They also experience brain damage in the form of forced reactions to "instinctual synapses".
They might as well speak Chinese.

Your boomer neet is a result of fuckin communism and the 60s, any person may degenerate into a nigger but going the other way is another story.

All neets over the age of 25 whom haven't had the opportunity to develop their brain are total write offs and should be lumped in with the boomers.
>>
My mom really fucked me up but I think I'm doing ok all things considered. I had like 10 "dads" over the course of my life. One was cracked the fuck out and another one is in prison for murder now. Occasionally we were homeless.

But I've got a place to myself, a job that doesn't pay much but the mortgage is always on time and the lights are on. Decent insurance etc.
>>
I'm 23 and neet, been this way for a long time. feel like I'm too old to change now to be honest.
>>
>>55191435
>>55191487
To me a Neet means lazy, unmotivated, and lacking skills. A lot of people I work with would fit some or all of that. They don't know shit, don't want to learn shit, don't have a degree, and yet they have a fucking job.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.