[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What purpose does this retarded punishment serve? Why are am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: pew pew pew pew ... Murrica.jpg (98 KB, 885x960) Image search: [Google]
pew pew pew pew ... Murrica.jpg
98 KB, 885x960
What purpose does this retarded punishment serve?
Why are american schools giving kids who behave bad free holidays so they can go around doing nothing but more shitty stuff instead of getting fucking education?

What the fuck about this wikipedia page too? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_(punishment)
>>
>>55182644
They do that in England aswell. Basically, to get the retarded kids to stop disrupting the class for everyone.

We had this "punishment" called on-call where you basically sit in a class-room watching movies all day for a couple of weeks.
>>
>>55182644
We have something similar here, I don't know if they do this at other schools but in mine when someone got suspension they still had to go to school but do community work instead of going to classes. Stuff like cleaning the halls or helping the the kitchen.
>>
>>55182644

so the school doesn't have to deal with them
>>
For the public/state school kids, it's just to get them out of the way.

But if you have any money at all you go to private school. And these are prestigious institutions that only the very privileged are allowed to attend. Getting sent home on suspension would be worse than any in school punishment. It's being told effectively "you aren't good enough to be here," if only temporarily. At these places, suspension leads to dismissal, basically a death sentence for the student. At they'll get ripped apart at home for it.

But yeah, in public school its just to get the little fuckers out of your face for a few days, shame you can't send them home permanently.
>>
>>55182644
Common in Amurrica to thwart unruly niglets
>>
>>55182644
>Why are american schools giving kids who behave bad free holidays so they can go around doing nothing but more shitty stuff instead of getting fucking education?

In theory, the children's parents are supposed to be very upset about it and punish them harshly.
>>
Basically what other people have said: suspension isn't so much a punishment as a declaration that you're not fit to be in class with your fellow students.

In my school, we were getting in trouble with the district for how many students we were giving detention, so we added an intermediate step called "alternative learning center" (ALC). So now instead of staying home, they go sit in a room with their other suspension-worthy friends all day, learning nothing and still soaking up school resources.

Naturally, everyone is happy with this outcome, aside from the teachers who have to deal with the little shitbirds.
>>
>>55182644

awesome
>>
>>55183317
It was called ISS. Basically I got the entire week of school work and finish it in 3 hours and always wondered why I went to school for almost 8 hours each day every week. Then my senior year I dropped all my classes and took nova net. Did all my school work with nova net for the entire year in 2 weeks and only came back to school for graduation.
>>
>>55182644
Back in the good ole days when a school suspended a child it was implyed that the parents would discipline the child. Now of course if it was a stupid reason like 'being culturally insensitive' as was in my case the parents would Pat the kid on the head. Now days schools don't suspend very much anymore because its divisive and it hurts the student blah blah blah liberal bullshit
>>
>>55183728
If NovaNet like a computer-based system where you just complete the work at your own pace and are done? As a teacher, I'm convinced this is the direction we'll be pushed into going eventually. At my school its called Advanced Path (strange name for a remedial program, no?).

As more school-work is pushed onto easily-standardized computer programs, the role of teachers is diminished to that of facilitator. There's no lesson writing, no grading - they basically just need someone to stand in the room for six hours a day. I don't necessarily mind that, as a free-market kind of guy, but I don't think this is actually a good way to provide a quality education.
>>
>>55182718
>tfw my school almost never practised suspension
Mostly you got isolation, you turn up to school at a different time to other students and are met at the gate by a teacher, then they put you in a room alone with a camera where you had to sit in silence and do your work. You got to go to the canteen for 5 minutes after the other students had had lunch to get some food if you didn't bring your own. I spent a lot of time in that room kek.
>>
>>55182644
I fucking hated when teachers did this, talk shit about you and punish you for doing nothing but retorting their very own insult.
>>
>>55182644
when i was in school, i had a revolution in grade 9 or so. teachers had no power. they would give me detentions and i just wouldn't go. i once balled up a notice and threw it in the bin in front of one of my teachers.
one time they gave me a weekend detention, when i got back to school they asked me why i didn't go and i said that i did and i was there for 2 or 3 hours before i left because i thought they had forgotten, told them i was waiting in a building that sounded similar. i'd slow walk backwards out of school while waving at teachers when i decided to go home. i used stupid excuses like "abducted by aliens", "caught the principal jacking off", "got stuck in a space/time vortex loop doo hickey and was unable to leave my X class" and "legs fell asleep" for being late to class.

school was pretty fun all in all, once you tipped the balance of power in your favour. i was suspended once before they realized that i didn't care and they started trying to discipline me in other ways.
>>
>>55185291
*revelation
>>
>>55185291

this kind of shit is why the west is failing

At this point teachers should be buff dudes with the power to fucking smack you if you misbehave

You dont like that dont send your kid to school. It would fix the entire system
>>
File: 1412375564765.png (263 KB, 409x478) Image search: [Google]
1412375564765.png
263 KB, 409x478
When I went to school, if someone continually acted out they'd just be put in the retard class along with all the other troublemakers.

They got to fuck up eachothers learning process, and the ones who wanted to really learn got to do so quietly.
>>
>>55185357
i already got smacked around at home. my thinking at the time was "they can't do worse than what already happens" so i just decided to do whatever the hell i wanted.

some of the shit i got in trouble for was really stupid though, so they fucking deserved it. i literally got in trouble for making orange juice (bought some oranges from the tuckshop and had a hand juicer), having hair touching my collar, being bullied and reading in the library (cause some kid started bullying me so i ignored him the way i was taught and then went and got the librarian who kicked me out and gave me a detention for disturbing people or something)

why the hell should i have let people at school push me around while also getting pushed around at home? for the sake of the west?
fuck off man. the problem with the west is the parents, not the schools.
>>
>>55184261
Public school education isn't much better.
The way they teach things is backwards as hell. It's just so you can learn to take a test and pass it.
All they do is push how the only reason they're learning something is for the upcoming final exam. It's like the schools just want to push kids in and out they don't care about how much they actually learned, it's strictly about passing tests and they want you out as soon as possible.
I can't tell you how many absolute morons I knew that where in Honor rolls and AP classes and whatnot. They had little to no understanding of what they were learning or why it was important, they just did the work, they were able to remember answers and knew how to take tests and that's all that mattered.

You might as well just computerize it the whole thing.
>>
>>55183023
I went to private schooling my entire life and they are nothing like you make them out to be. I've been suspended, but instead of sending you home, you spend the entire time inside of an office doing fuck nothing. "Waste our time we'll waste your time" is the message they were making.

7 to 3 watching a fucking wall. Never got suspended after that. Couldn't even go to sleep because the secretary was always watching and they woke kids up with a bucket of cold water. Only got to leave for lunch, but no recess afterwards.

American btw. Kids don't think on the level of "good enough to be here." To them it's all the same. Some of my classmates wished they were at the shitty public school instead because they hated wearing uniforms and the strict rules. They would rather sacrifice the level of education they were being offered so they could wear tank tops and mini skirts.
>>
When I was a kid I had a lot of trouble sleeping (later found out I had sleep apnea) and it was always hard for me to wake up on time, etc so I would sometimes sleep in and miss class but I would always get my ass there.

I eventually had enough tardies that they started giving me in-school suspension and later suspension.

I wasn't disruptive, I didn't miss any work or reading, did great on tests and quizzes, etc. It was just a case of "the rules are the rules".
>>
File: 1446648889516.webm (741 KB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
1446648889516.webm
741 KB, 718x404
>Buy two phones
>Text stale jokes from one phone to the other phone and pretend that they actually happened
>Take a picture of one phone with the other phone
>Post picture on 4chan as an example of what's wrong with people today
Pottery
>>
>>55182644
Because it only takes one little asshole like this, who was never going to "get an education" in the first place, to bring the learning environment to a complete stop.
>>
>>55182644
School is (essentially required) for a career today.
Suspension bans you from school and all school activities during the suspension - homework, tests, exams, dances, sports events, everything. That is the first half.
The second half is keeping you away from other students. This can be because you're very disruptive and they don't want you being a clown in class, or because you brought a knife to school and are an actual danger to the people at the school.
>>
>>55186761
It's more like college where you pay your money so it doesn't matter to them whether you learn or not.
>>
>>55189666

>Learning environment to a complete stop

What is common core.
>>
>>55189696
And these suspensions stick to your record and are looked at by schools you would apply for later in life.
>>
>>55183023
Is it impossible to suspend them the moment they come back?
>>
>>55189739
>What is common core.

Kek, so true. The American education system is like something out of a Vonnegut novel. It defies belief.
>>
>>55185541
>having hair touching my collar
Retarded Anglo-school rules.

> being bullied and reading in the library (cause some kid started bullying me so i ignored him the way i was taught and then went and got the librarian who kicked me out and gave me a detention for disturbing people or something)
You have my sympathy-rage.
>>
>>55185541
Also, as a teacher myself, I have to say students with your apparent attitude and relations at home are our worst nightmare. There's virtually nothing we can do, except of course to contact Child Protective Services, who in most cases will improve at least the home situation.
>>
Most teachers these days are borderline retarded anyway. I used to do their certifications and most of them were either dumb white liberal college bimbos or angry middle aged black bitches. A lot of them were going into special ed. Most couldn't even follow directions or understand that we didn't make the test or the questions.

"Why you make this test hard so people fail?! Y'all greedy! I've taken this test six times now. It must be broken!"
>>
>>55190105
You can fail the little shits.
>>
>>55190105
teacher u say?

do you have many 1st/2nd gen immigrants and are they willing to learn norwegian language and culture? are they good students? any hope of integrating them or are they forever going to be a parallell society?

has the curriculum been dumbed down to accomodate immigrants and yoloswag degenerates ?
>>
>>55190312
My ex wife is a teacher. If they fail a student they get in trouble
>>
>>55184523
I would have been ashamed to be "picked up" by parents after school. But times are changing...
>>
>>55184461
>I spent a lot of time in that room
what a pathetic loser
>>
>>55183023
Here to in England.
We had a Saturday morning detention at my expensive school.
Imaging telling your parents, who are paying for a lot for your education, that they have to drop you at school at 8am Saturday morning and pick you up at 1pm.
Ruins their day, and consequently they ruin yours.
You only do that shit once.
>>
>>55182644

do you really think this sharebait picture is representative of anything in reality? it's obvious faggotry appealing to your emotions for attention
>>
>A hot milf teacher will never dominate you as a punishment for being a bad boy
>>
heres an example of how fucking ridiculous suspension can be: when i was an edgy teenager i regularly skipped school to get wasted with "friends". at some point i had missed over 60% of my classes in 1 month. the school reacted by suspending me for 2 weeks.
>>
File: Kent at school.png (96 KB, 576x927) Image search: [Google]
Kent at school.png
96 KB, 576x927
>>55190731
You're not wrong m80.
>>
>>55190312
If I fail "the little shits", *I* will get in trouble, because the current parole is that "everyone finishes basic education". Fortunately, I'm not employed in basic education, but upper secondary (VGS). I've been in basic ed, though. Those boys, and some of the girls too, ought to be thrown out of school for a year and put to work as manual labour in the agricultural and forestry sector, chopping wood and picking strawberries. Then let's see how they feel, imagining doing that sort of thing their entire fucking lives, since they'll have no other qualifications.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
i got suspended for doing Nos once, wasnt even in school. When suspended just relaxed, so really isnt a punishment
>>
>>55191262
that story reminds me how my IT lecturer caught me looking at a picture of two black guys sticking their erect dicks into a watermelon
>>
>>55190430
>has the curriculum been dumbed down to accomodate immigrants and yoloswag degenerates ?

The curriculum remains the same, it's still LK06, which is quite similar to R94, if you're more familiar with that. The books are pretty much the same as they were 15-20 years ago, only difference is that they now refer you to go look up stuff online.
The "dumbing down" only happens due to the teacher making that decision, likely because he or she realizes that there will be a low level of scholarship gotten from that specific group of students. Most of the time these are trade-students (yrkesfagselever), who really don't care much beyond getting a passing grade and having as high as possible class attendance. (Having a high class attendance is important in order to get an apprenticeship.)
>>
>>55191195
Mein Freund, I was playing first team rugby and our whole team smoked weed after we won and important game just to celebrate, the word got out and we all got tested and the ones who tested positive got a week off from school "suspension" haha retards
>>
>>55190686
Shit, my kids love it when I pick them up in the hellcat.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1446772892805.jpg (68 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446772892805.jpg
68 KB, 1080x1080
>>55182644
I hate these fake texts almost as much as I hate niggers, but at least niggers can be funny.
>>
>>55183728
Do you live in Texas?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.