[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Might seem like a tired old discussion, but what is your perception
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: controversialflag.png (5 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
controversialflag.png
5 KB, 283x178
Might seem like a tired old discussion, but what is your perception of this flag. What does it symbolize. I'm especially interested in how people overseas see it.
>>
>>54953796
Whenever I see this flag I always want to go to the range and shoot my cap and ball.
>>
Who the fuck cares how foreigners see it. They can't possibly understand anyway
>>
Ownership of slavery through state rights. Anti-Federalist.
>>
Pro Slavery
Literally the reason it was created in the first place, anyone who says otherwise is stuck in 1800
>>
>>54953796
Dixieland and it's culture.
>>
>>54953796
The day of rope is near.
>>
It's the flag of men who fought and died for what they cared about
>>
The KKK and anti-Civil Rights demonstrators.

It barely meant anything in the Civil War.
>>
>>54953796
The battle flag is overused and has multiple meanings in the modern context. I think it's impossible to disavow the good or the bad ones, which is why we should just go by what Robert E Lee said in 1869:

"My engagements will not permit me to be present, and I believe if there I could not add anything material to the information existing on the subject. I think it wiser, moreover, not to keep open the sores of war, but to follow the example of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, and to commit to oblivion the feelings it engendered."

I don't think any side that lost a war has as much hero worship surrounding it in their native region as the Southern Confederacy currently does.
>>
>>54953796
i think the world would be better today if the north and south had been kept separate. by uniting them, you created too much internal conflict, which hurt everyone
>>
Rednecks
Hillbillies
Guns
Religion
Murika

Is what comes to mind
>>
>>54953796
all it meant was southern pride before the libkikes tore it down. Sure, some bed sheet wearing rednecks used to fly it, so what? I'm from the south that flags means southern pride to me. Its on the Mississippi state flag, and Mississippi is full of niggers. Its benign. Not the same thing as a swastika
>>
File: 1444859116693.jpg (2 MB, 2765x3686) Image search: [Google]
1444859116693.jpg
2 MB, 2765x3686
Dixie
>>
>>54954483
This is the correct answer.
>>
>>54953796
Rebels. Honest rebels.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (41 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
41 KB, 600x579
State rights, anti-big government.
>>
>>54953796
Novorossia guys took their flag from your rednecks.
>>
>>54953796
JUST SOME GOOD OL' BOYS
NEVER MEANIN' NO HARM
>>
my spontaneous association are drunk rednecks on a pick-up truck wielding shotguns
>>
>>54954953

exactly the same.
>>
It symbolizes sweating cops, getting in your car through the side windows, driving in circles around trees and jumping over swamp holes.
>>
File: 1280.jpg (36 KB, 880x470) Image search: [Google]
1280.jpg
36 KB, 880x470
>>54954723
Glorious Tits, overall amazing Body.
Damn it.
>>
>>54954953
Wish I had that freedom, lad.
>>
Larry the Cable Guy fans.
>>
>>54954716
Not completely true. It was gone for decades after the war ended and made a resurgence in popularity later. Take your own example. The current Mississippi flag showed up in the 1890s after Reconstruction was over and has 13 stars to symbolize the 13 colonies/not 11 stars to symbolize the 11 confederate states.
>>
>>54954450
That's literally any flag.
>>
>>54954953
>>54954982
You guys watch too many Hollywood movies.
>>
>>54953796
Southern hicks, rebels, motorcycles, southern belles, PBR, anti-segregation, and Kid Rock.

I grew up in the south, it's just a piece of cloth that mostly poor-speaking people with missing teeth flew. Never saw a qt wear or fly it until the whole BAN THE FLAG thing happened.
>>
>>54953796

Freedom from federal tyranny.
>>
>>54953796
It reminds me of Dixie Outfitters, hunters, and the redneck white trash that went to my highschool.

I'm descended from confederate soldiers fyi.
>>
File: Flag fag.jpg (80 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Flag fag.jpg
80 KB, 800x800
>>54953796
it means racism. Thank goodness that this is finally being widely acknowledged.

>>54954483
Seconding this.

It also means retards:
Rebel flag supporter 'bombs Mississippi Walmart'
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34703281
>>
File: gay-cowboys-inco.jpg (23 KB, 269x338) Image search: [Google]
gay-cowboys-inco.jpg
23 KB, 269x338
>>54953796

it symbolizes undereducated, inbred closet faggots.

i dont even give a fuck about race. the people who fly this flag are quite literally the dregs of our country. pic related.
>>
>>54955231
>calls southerners uneducated
>Insults gays
>>
>>54953796
for me this is the rep pilled flag of america
>>
>>54953796
An act of treason against the US
>>
File: Cleburne at Franklin by DGallon.jpg (160 KB, 900x618) Image search: [Google]
Cleburne at Franklin by DGallon.jpg
160 KB, 900x618
>>54953796
All they had to do was listen...
>>
>>54954483
this is what yankee homosexuals actually believe
>>
>>54953796
Battle flag of the American Taliban.
>>
>>54955231
>dregs of our country
> but ive only seen 1 nigger with a confederate flag?
>>
>>54954804
>>54954483

This is an idiot's answer
>>
>>54953796
It symbolises a tragic example of idiots having the capability of being offended by a geometric arrangement of colour.

A symbol or an idea cannot ever do harm. Only action is capable of harm.
>>
>>54955231
>doesnt care about race
what are you even doing here
>>
>>54953796
its a one way ticket to edgy city

nobody who has this flag knows anything about politics they just get a cheap thrill out of offending others who committed the unforgivable crime of being smarter than them.
>>
>>54955022
protip: he fakes the accent. He was a radio personality in central florida.
>>
It's the flag of butthurtville now, or maybe it's a beacon that turns liberals into slime when they look at it.

I was born in Wyoming and now live in Colorado so idk how I really feel about it, it's something I don't know enough about to make an opinion on. I would've supported the confederacy desu senpai, having different nations within America would've been cool.
>>
>>54953796
>Tfw Texan

Depends on the context.
On the back of a truck? Redneck.
On a lawn/hanging from a house?
Is there an actual star spangled banner there?
Yes?
Patriot/Old Vet
No?
Redneck
If it's beside a Mexican flag? (yes, it does happen)
Based

For the most part the flag represents State's Rights and at it's apex freedom of expression.
I personally give less of a fuck about anything else.
Oh well.
>>
>>54953796
I asked my Scottish room mate. He thinks it means Texas and then started talking about how the KKK came from Scotland.

I'm just gonna leave that there......
>>
>>54955495
>An act of treason against the US

The first of many. May this jew-run abortion burn.
>>
>>54955231
Eat shit and die yankeecuk
>>
File: smelly dumb yankee scum.jpg (44 KB, 460x305) Image search: [Google]
smelly dumb yankee scum.jpg
44 KB, 460x305
>>54955231
>Because the parasitical Yankee scum who are responsible for turning this country into a degenerate shithole are so much better.

On the Day of the Rope, I hope we hang every last Yankee, yourself included from a tree.

Kill all Yankees, it's the only way to save the planet.
>>
>>54955680
>idk how I really feel about it

Then why did you try answering the question?
>>
>>54955495
>Implying the north wasn't the one committing treason against the US Constitution and the very reason the country was founded
Stay a slave then but don't go around spreading their propaganda for them
>>
>>54955680
I've been desu sempaid!!!!

Damn you Hiroshima Nagasaki!!!
>>
If you love America why would you fly a flag that symbolizes an attempt to overthrow it?
>>
I prefer this one.
>>
People that fought and died for something they believed in, I believe all flags deserve respect no matter what they flew over.
>>
>>54955800
>Lets leave everyone that doesn't know about confederacy because they're all stupid and ignorant and will never understand.
>>
>>54953796
The flag of a bunch of rebels fighting over state's rights to have slavery if they want it.

No idea why anyone would actually consider themselves a Confederate in this day and age. I can't really think of a single thing about the Confederacy that was worth fighting for.

Basically just edgy contrarian bullshit for middle-aged white men.
>>
>>54955755
^^^This

Down with the fucking Federal rag, it's brought nothing but misery upon this Earth since 1820.

Death to the Union and every wretch and fool who stands for it.

The Answer to 1984 is 1861
>>
>>54953796
I've known too many people who see it as southern pride and nothing more to say it's a symbol of racism. You don't get to decide what peoples symbols mean for them. Anyone who said otherwise is an arrogant cunt.
>>
>>54955967
Fuck off shitpostralia

Go kidnap some Abo children to raise as servants or something.
>>
File: 1446518413769.gif (19 KB, 300x194) Image search: [Google]
1446518413769.gif
19 KB, 300x194
Limited in appeal, less effective as a call to arms against public overreach and corruption than these guys.
>>
Scotland here, the guys who gave you the saltire cross for the flag design.

To me it represents self-determination and sovereignty, even if the people who the flag represents had ideas that people today find distasteful.
>>
>>54955846
>If you love America why would you fly a flag that symbolizes an attempt to overthrow it?

It's not. America was overthrown in the civil war. The confederates were fighting for America as was signed into existence.

>EU federalizes, insists that it is a union of consent

>UK doesn't want to participate in the immigrant kekening, pulls out

>france/germany invades, burns everything. everything? everything.

>forcibly puts the dumbest immigrants they can find in government halls of power (dindus put into the S.C. statehouse were eating fried chicken during proceedings).

>german grandchildren insist that UK grandchildren rebelled against glorious union
>>
File: sweden yes.png (15 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
sweden yes.png
15 KB, 160x160
>>54954896
SWEDEN YES

(first time saying that unironically)
>>
>>54955949
>>Lets leave everyone that doesn't know about confederacy because they're all stupid and ignorant and will never understand.

Right, so again, why did you try answering the question? Not knowing something means it's time to stfu-- listen and learn.
>>
>>54955967
You say that now until your liberal government starts making white people the enemy like they're doing in America.
>>
Treason. Plain and simple. This shit used to not be tolerated. It used to get you tortured and killed. If they had one we would not be the global superpower we are now. Edgelords don't care though, because "hurr durr dee niggers"
>>
>>54956191
The whole thread will be a bunch of shitposting, there won't be any learning, you and I both know better.
>>
it confuses me too, because the "rebel" flag was a battle flag and did not represent the confederacy. it was the virginia battle flag, also tennessee. my previous post on this thread has the first flag of the confederacy. if anything represents slavery that is it, not the battle flag
>>
>>54956265 Their own country that is
>>
>>54956288
It's not all shitposting, and you're doing your part to lower the tone.

Like most yankees, you shit up everything you touch, and are continuing the tradition at this very moment. Try making something better--you might like it.
>>
>>54955846
It was an attempt at secession. A right our states supposedly have. The north create a bullshit excuse to invade after the fact (fort sumpter) in an attempt to "save the union". Because the north would've struggled on it's own without the southern farms and exports backing them up. So they went to war. Over money and power.

The south seceded for independence from federal law that didn't represent them, in part: slavery and taxation. The war was started over money.
>>
There's a chap who runs a country and western weekend every year near me and he flies the confederate flag every day.
He's a crazy bastard, even built a giant American style wooden barn so him and his mates could have ho-downs or whatever.
>>
>>54956417
How dare you appropriate southern culture.
>>
>>54954483
This until the liberals tried to ban it. Now i view it as a flag representing free speech, and would proudly wave it.
>>
>>54953796

Used to not care it was a pretty design. Then learned the murderous rampage the south suffered under oppression and tyranny by the north was remembered by it, and saw it was a big amount of pride for tens of millions of Americans.

Then the demolibshits had their insane rampage, trampling all over another American flag symbol, so now it means the god damned insane assholes of the USA need to be stopped.

It fought tyranny before, and it fights it again.
>>
>>54954137
>Literally the reason it was created in the first place, anyone who says otherwise

WRONG

brainwashed libsheep identified
>>
>>54956417

There are guys like this in Oz as well. My band played a whole trek across shitpostland. Fuckers loved an authentic carolina accent.
>>
>>54953796
I don't know but didn't these guys lose the war? Why would you proudly wawe a flag wich represents losers, regardless of what those losers stood for?
>>
File: america loves nazi germany.jpg (34 KB, 598x444) Image search: [Google]
america loves nazi germany.jpg
34 KB, 598x444
>>54956154
Reminder that Northerners and Nazis think virtually the same way.

>Our people are the ubermensch
>Everyone else is culturally inferior to us
>Eugenics/Abortion is the solution to dealing with inferior people (eugenics was actually popularized by philanthropic organizations run by Northern businessmen like Carnegie, Ford, and Rockerfeller, it was only adopted by the Nazis a decade after the US first instituted eugenics laws)
>We have the right Indian Lands as Lebensraum
>We have the right to stomp around in other parts of the world and take other people's shit
>We can kill anyone who gets in our ways
>>
>>54956498
Fun fact: The last slaves in the US were slaves under the American flag. Emancipation proclamation only freed slaves in areas that the union captured from the confederacy. Slaves in Maryland were still slaves until some time after the war.
>>
>>54953796
>I'm especially interested in how people overseas see it.

Old bikers and rebels.
That's all I ever associated with it. Bikes, leather and stuff. Until later when I then read about all those political implications and the debate in the US. But before I became politicized, I always just associated it with bikers in the desert.
>>
>>54953796

my family has been here since the mid 1600s and has people fight in all the major wars, etc, and i had family on the confederate side(pretty sure the north too), and my family still has photos and memorabilia from them. My mom showed me a folded up confederate flag one time, lol. They make it sound like it wasn't really about slaves at all, and I know my family basically stays quiet about their confederate belongings because people freak out from them. to me the flag seems cool because the south had so little but had such a great army and fought well, so it seems kinda rebellious, but I hate that it has become associated with such trash, and i dont know what to believe about the confederacy anymore because of all the shit written about it, but i'm sure there were still lots of bad people fighting for them
>>
It's undefinable. It's culture. During all the BLM bullshit protests, where the Yankee and New York Jew bused in negroes from Detroit for staged crisis events, all the white AND black people in my city held confederate flags in the downtown square and had a cook out together. How much media coverage did it get? Zero.
>>
>>54956545
Good question for someone who doesn't know the context--

It's somewhat like Finns vs Soviets. Man for man, we whipped their asses, and they all admitted as much, but they were able to send enough cannon fodder in the form of poor irish immigrants in a zerg rush of sorts. The confederates were better soldiers--no argument.

Second, everyone also knows that the south was a gentleman's culture. Even the poor of the south had more honor than the merchants and slaves of the north. still do. Union biographies are rife with their guys talking about how honorable and suave the confederates were.

Third, the south rebelled, and the flag is a one of rebels. Americans like America, but we don't like the jewish abortion of a country this has become, and we remember our rebellious past.

Fifth, lost cause romanticism. The wonder of what could have been (what the founders intended).
>>
File: xander.jpg (17 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
xander.jpg
17 KB, 420x315
>>54956680
>Reminder that Northerners and Nazis think virtually the same way.

Is that supposed to be an insult?

>>Our people are the ubermensch

To northern merchants and their wage-slave? Yes.

>>Everyone else is culturally inferior to us

Every culture should feel this way, else, why have one?

>>Eugenics/Abortion is the solution to dealing with inferior people (eugenics was actually popularized by philanthropic organizations run by Northern businessmen like Carnegie, Ford, and Rockerfeller, it was only adopted by the Nazis a decade after the US first instituted eugenics laws)

Again, bad thing? And wth are you getting at, trying to blame northern magnates on the south? Where are we going here?

>>We have the right Indian Lands as Lebensraum

The north wasn't built on indian land? gtfo.

>>We have the right to stomp around in other parts of the world and take other people's shit

Which is what the north did, again, what are you trying to get at here?

>>We can kill anyone who gets in our ways

This is what ameriKwa does around the world every day, and it's certainly not a southern phenomena. The south was for hands-off confederacy, the north was for intervention. This yankee moralizing is seen today in drone strikes.

You have utterly failed in making a point.
>>
>>54954914
FIGHTIN' THE SYSTEM LIKE
A TO MODERN DAY ROBIN HOOD
>>
>>54956417
I really want to go to the british isles to see shit like this.
As a Texan who works at a country and western clothing store (my standard dress is boots, tight jeans, big texas belt buckle, plaid, flanel, or denim jacket w/ matching hat).
I just love foreigners. Had an aussie come in the other day, bought some work boots.
>so why are you the only white one innit?
>I dunno, i speak spanish
>well sonofabitch
>>
>>54954723
She's like 40 now.
>>
>>54956683

Who gives a shit, it was convenience and corruption by the pig asshole Lincoln.

All the idiot fucking sheep can't stop talking about slavery, it's all your mind can possibly conceive, or know. YOU'RE A WASTE OF TEXT SPACE AND IT'S NOT FUN NOR IS IT A FACT, IT'S YOUR GOD DAMNED STUPIDITY.
>>
File: poverty.png (9 KB, 537x209) Image search: [Google]
poverty.png
9 KB, 537x209
>>54955788

>parasitical yankee scum

my sides
>>
>>54957156
>who's who of dindu states

BTW, virginia was in the south.
>>
>>54953796
POORS
OORSP
ORSPO
RSPOO
SROOP
>>
>>54957185

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_African-American_population

with the exception of mississippi, the demographics are barely different, maybe 5%. try again kiddo.
>>
>>54955057
not really. This flag was purely military, the civilian confederate flag is a different one
>>
File: Ghosts n' Goblins - AAHAHA FGT.png (247 KB, 570x668) Image search: [Google]
Ghosts n' Goblins - AAHAHA FGT.png
247 KB, 570x668
>>54955230
>All the supporters here keep calling everyone idiots for saying flag supporters are irrational or overreacting
>one of them goes and bombs a Wal-mart for not selling flag merchandise
>mfw
>>
>>54955645
Smarter then me? Probably not, little american. Anyways, there were people who were willing to die for what this flag stands for, and what you're saying right now isn't very respectful.

Apologize
>>
>>54955149
This too. Until the controversy started the only people I ever saw waving the thing or flaunting it on merchandise weren't the "winners" of their communities.
>>
>>54957664
>willing to die for something stupid
Not an admirable trait tbqh senpai.
>>
I live in the south. In reality, it means country people/rednecks. I don't mean that in a bad way either, but that's what it really means now anyways.
>>
>>54957664
>Literally being proud your ancestors got keked by a bunch of rich planters who'd rather plunge their region into war than just change their labor model

As a Southerner, neo-confederates are the biggest fucking keks
>>
>>54955967
that wasn't the only reason. Lincoln wanted to increase tax on agriculture, and decrease tax on industry, while at the same time he wanted to abolish slavery, decreasing how much money you could make with agriculture. Slavery would have been abolished in the south as well, had they been given more time. Furthermore, slaves in the south were treated better than slaves in the north. In the end, black people didn't really profit from slavery ending, since they could barely get jobs, didn't have the same rights as white people and got paid less in the case they actually got a job. Slavery wasn't racist, it was purely economical and it untill the 19th century it was normal almost everywhere in the world. black people were enslaved because they had inferior technology, and could put up less of a fight
>>
>>54954450
>It's the flag of men who fought and died for what they cared about

and got BTFO
>>
File: 1446576238737-713812774.jpg (2 MB, 1840x3264) Image search: [Google]
1446576238737-713812774.jpg
2 MB, 1840x3264
This desu senpai
>>
>>54957833
if you're not willing to die for something your life is worth nothing.
>>
>>54954572
>i think the world would be better today if the north and south had been kept separate. by uniting them, you created too much internal conflict, which hurt everyone

In reality, it's not close to as bad as what you probably believe. When was the last time you heard of either a Southerner or Northerner doing anything of significance against the other part of the country. Many Northerners move or vacation in the South regularly. This wouldn't happen of true anger existed.
>>
>>54958023
it's not like anyone actually got any profit from the end of slavery.
>>
I'm from Kentucky and see this shit all of the time. Even if we never truly succeeded, our culture tries too hard to be southern. It's almost like we try to be accepted by the Deep South, even though we're watered down south lite.

I saw something the other day that summed up Kentucky pretty well. It was a 370z Nissian with a confederate flag license plate. It doesn't bother me because I can't stand political correctness and how it suddenly just now offends everyone.
>>
>>54953796
Secession.
>>
>>54958129
>that wasn't the only reason
It damn sure was the main one.

The fight was over a state's right to determine its own policies. I don't dispute that. But by a huge amount the reason the South valued this right so highly was because they wanted to keep their slaves. All the Southern apologist revisionism in the world won't change that.

>>54958194
I'm willing to die for things.

Just not stupid things.

That's why I am not a stupid person.
>>
>>54953796
Independence from a federal government, for me.
Am I close at least?
>>
>>54953796

It symbolizes the South and rejection of the Washington political and cultural establishment.

Basically, it's the Redneck's fedora.
>>
>>54953796
It represents freedom from soulless Yankee machines
>>
>>54953796
I think more than anything it represents defiance.
>>
File: FapGWS9.jpg (126 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
FapGWS9.jpg
126 KB, 600x600
>>54958283
except for workers who didn't need to compete with slaves

It's funny that the people from outside the anglosphere seem most likely to buy the "muh states rights" nonsense, desu ne.
>>
>>54958349
You're in the oven.
>>
>>54958466
So.. close?
>>
>>54958359
Wrong. It symbolizes race-based hatred as the foundation of how whites of the South tries to see themselves as different. It doesn't include blacks of the South. You need to make that completely clear.
>>
>>54956544
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkeNEvwq7A0
>>
File: image.gif (12 KB, 798x475) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
12 KB, 798x475
>>54953796
These are the legitimate Flags of the Confederacy that I have no problem with because they were used to represent the Conderacy and have historical value. The one you presented OP are the ones used by Klansmen and White Supremacists during the Civil Rights Movements to give the activists big Fuck You
>>
File: lbj quote.jpg (61 KB, 478x324) Image search: [Google]
lbj quote.jpg
61 KB, 478x324
>>54958524
He may have done a bunch of stupid shit, but LBJ was spot on with this. People don't use flat out racist rhetoric half the time down here anymore, but there's plenty of coded language used to manipulate often low education voters who still hold those views.
>>
>>54958308
baka at you butternut wannabes. At least Maryland tried to secede before Lincoln declared martial law in Baltimore
>>
>>54953796

It's the Battle Flag of the Army of TENNESSEE, and as a Georgian, I dislike it.

Our current flag is much better. It's the actual Confederate national flag.
>>
File: sherman.jpg (7 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
sherman.jpg
7 KB, 320x240
>>54953796
>perception of this flag

Massive Fail.

Also the second time the South has been defeated.

Should be labeled Confederate Fail Flag
>>
A
FUCKING
LEAF
>>
>>54953796

idiots who oppose the constitution
>>
>>54958151
I have one in my room too. For me it symbolizes long lost tradition, as well as fight for freedom and own beliefs.
>>
>>54953796
My opinion is that it's a fuckin picture or a piece of fuckin cloth and this is the last time I spend more than 20 seconds to speak of such a retarded shit.
>>
>>54958129
Not surprised someone outside of the US knows more about its history than the majority of its citizens. Our education system is fucked here.
>>
>>54957125
>waaaaaaaaaaaah
-you
>>
>>54953796
It had power in 1860 but it's not exactly significant today.
>>
>>54953796
belongs in a museum.
>>
>>54953796
Some nut tries to blow up a Walmart for not selling flags
>http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34703281
>>
>>54953796
Less obnoxious than the American flag many American tourists feel they have to display.

Nobody here cares what it symbolizes, we don't give a shit about flags in general.
>>
>>54959056
So is ours, the only reason I know this shit is because we spent an entire a lesson on different variations of "north = good+freedom, south=bad+oppression" and I didn't believe it. Same thing goes for national socialism, I don't treat people differently because of their race, and I don't tell people what to believe, but as soon as I tell them I'm a national socialist they want nothing to do with me. Funny thing is that one of the few people who accept the fact that I'm a nazi is a jew (and he's a nice guy)
>>
Flag of the USA that still could grasp the concept of private property
>>
>>54953796

A flag for the 1800s which is not good or evil, but trying to resurrect the nation it stood for is a little futile. There is a distinctive southern region defined mostly by a shared dialect, the Southern Baptist convention, SEC and ACC (before it took northern teams), and several regional corporations. Trying to retrofit a country designed for 1800 agrarian high society to a suburban sub-nation of pickup trucks, strip malls, hunting, McMansions and college football is not going to work. Two different worlds. The flag should be about remembering veterans, but beyond that it is not very useful for anything other than stirring up racial hatred due to its ties to slavery (which somehow doesn't apply to the American flag.) The south needs a new emblem.
>>
File: betsy-ross-flag.gif (12 KB, 1024x615) Image search: [Google]
betsy-ross-flag.gif
12 KB, 1024x615
>>54955868

Okay, but not very original looking.
>>
File: 12564.png (107 KB, 821x403) Image search: [Google]
12564.png
107 KB, 821x403
>>
>What does it symbolize. I'm especially interested in how people overseas see it.
Dixieland and hard working black people
>>
File: confederate christ-chan.png (203 KB, 790x498) Image search: [Google]
confederate christ-chan.png
203 KB, 790x498
>>54953796
the best aspects of the American Experiment
>>
>>54957031
>The north wasn't built on indian land
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Look man, I'm not a big bleeding heart in favor of coddling the natives but that's just wrong
>>
File: 1444827804822.gif (547 KB, 500x257) Image search: [Google]
1444827804822.gif
547 KB, 500x257
>>54955230
>>54954483
>Liberal faggots think the Confederate flag means racism
>When blacks owned black slaves in the North
>Implying it doesn't represent the agricultural south where men bled and fought with their brothers-in-arms while Ulysses S Grant brought immigrants in by the literal boat load
>Promising them land if they fought for the Union
>Implying the South didn't lose because of being not only out-sourced but out-numbered
>Implying niggers deserve the freedom they got
>>
>>54953796
>Overseas
I know the facts about the civil war, that it was a war against taxation and land ownership legislature, that it was an injust invasion of sovereign territory, as the South had the legal right to secede. That Lincoln hated blacks and supported slavery, and was merely trying to incite slaves against their owners and appear moralistic; while many of the confederate leaders actually rejected slavery.

But of course, I am the minority, and most people in my country will just vomit the same old propaganda you'd expect. The confederates were evil slavers and the Union were good liberators.
>>
>>54961474
The history books are written by the victors after all, Anon.

>TFW Stonewall Jackson and Robert E. Lee were BFFs
>TFW after the end of the war one of the few things Lee did was visit his friend's grave
>Before retiring to Lexington to die, broken and old
>>
>>54961342
>>Implying the South didn't lose because of being not only out-sourced but out-numbered
didn't help, but they lost because of their culture, specifically they needed to win a defensive war but Lee was too offensive. From what I've read.

Also,
>claims confederate flag isn't racist
>makes racist comments
you guys are pretty funny. Enjoy being a reviled fringe minority in your own "homeland"
>>
>>54958282
the civil war had long-lasting effects though, and there's still a division between blue (mostly northern) and red (mostly southern) states
>>
like the family flying this flag has considered hanging my black ass.
>>
State sovereignty
>>
>>54961625

Not only that, but the union had massive forces, and were able to 'wrap around' the Confederate states and essentially cut off all supply lines.
>>
File: Y u cheat me again.jpg (73 KB, 537x502) Image search: [Google]
Y u cheat me again.jpg
73 KB, 537x502
>>54961342
>"When blacks owned black slaves in the North"
>Tu quoque is an arguement
>>
File: 1444256434751.jpg (113 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
1444256434751.jpg
113 KB, 750x500
>>54961625
>>
Means nothing to me.
Personally I don't see why a bunch of redneck assholes cling onto it for dear life like food is being taken out of their children's mouths when they lost the war, but at the same time we can't simply ignore that the war ever happened.
So yeah, it means nothing to me.
>>
File: Bonnie Blue Flag.jpg (120 KB, 1262x824) Image search: [Google]
Bonnie Blue Flag.jpg
120 KB, 1262x824
>>54955868
Nah man, the Bonnie Blue is better.
>>
>>54962367
This tbqh family
>>
>>54953796
Rebellion
Independence
Self-Decision
Southerners

>>54962367
>Somalia
>>
File: Picture 47.jpg (487 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Picture 47.jpg
487 KB, 2048x1536
A big fuck you to the evils of federalism.
>>
>>54954137
WHAT YEAR IS IT GUYS!?!
>>
>>54962739
>>Somalia
Wow. I had no idea. The blue is a bit brighter, but otherwise: Who knew the Somalis had such good taste?
>>
File: 1446403990533.jpg (48 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
1446403990533.jpg
48 KB, 300x224
>>54953796
it meant nothing to me until they banned it. Now I use it as a symbol for america's second revolution
>>
uhh, heh heh - uhh southern redneck

duhhhhhhh... dat racis !

( the sorry drooling liberally retarded monkey above ignores the vast black population those above he refers to lives with - the perfectly blank and controlled mind is utterly clueless )

So the big ass redneck racists live with 90% of the USA's blacks, and the near 100% white fuckfaces whine, clulessly
>>
>>54957156
everyone of the states on the right are tiny compared to the left...
>>
>>54963301
Well, it's kind of impossible not to if they didn't want to move, considering how much of the Southern population was black as a result of shipping in so many slaves.

So yeah, racists co-exist with blacks because both are too stubborn or unwilling to move away from people they don't like

Did you even think of your post before you posted it?
>>
It is modeled after the British flag. It represents the insatiable need of keks to have a monarch, a daddy to tell them what to do. It represents the slavery of all who are not the aristocracy.

It is an absolute wonder that it represents to uneducated Americans some sort of rebellion against tyranny, when it is the model of tyranny.

It is just as stupid as those idiots who celebrate Che Guevara.
>>
>>54953796
>What does it symbolize
Democrats
>>
>>54953796
>>54953796
I live in the South and I'll tell you what it symbolizes. It's the symbol of Southern pride. It's a symbol of Southern heritage. It reflects a people's desire to live under their own banner, a yearning for revaunchism against an enemy that is no longer isolated unto the North.

It's a symbol for rural uneducated white niggers who live at the heights of hypocrisy and in the abyss of ignorance and moral depravity. They claim to value their heritage, a heritage of carelessly rejecting the social contract they were born to. They claim to value the family, but their families are rife with sorrow and abuse. They claim to cherish their protestant values, but they cling to their liqueur and guns with their thoughts bent solely on short term gratification.

Only in the South does pride commeth after the fall.
>>
>>54962839
DUDE
>>
I have yet to get along with any person black or white that has that flag on their car, in their yard, in their house, tattooed on themselves etc. That's the only input I have on it.
>>
>>54965538
Maybe you should stop being an insufferable cunt then.
>>
File: question.jpg (31 KB, 736x460) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
31 KB, 736x460
>>54953796

I can see both sides of the coin. The confederate flag is one of those issues that I honestly never made my mind up on.

On one hand, confederates used the flag to fight for secession -- and I'm no statist, so that I can get behind. But confederates also represented more than that; i.e. advocates for states rights -- which I also support -- but not if your states rights include provisions for egregious human suffering. A lot of southerners who grew up with it hear it means "southern pride", states rights, independence, or some other happy go lucky term. I think that's fairly dishonest and leaning into the same logical dogma postmodernists use.

On the other hand, the flag is rarely used with any malicious intent. To its constituents, the flag is a genuine symbol of southern pride.

I guess when all is said and done we are, for better or for worse, a union. As such, I'm not sure that states or other government bureaus should be flying the flag and therefore representing its ideas.

Though, I'm not sure the fed should be the one handling the legislation of squelching a states' right to free expression. I think that people should call their god damn senators if they care enough to want it down.

idk help me out faggots

why am i wrong
>>
>>54957156

>look mom, i found a chart of states with the most niggers
>>
>>54965992

Them first.
>>
>>54953796

It's a flag with a Saltire cross. Saltire's are traditionally linked as symbols of freedom, liberty and rebellion in the face of overwhelming authority.
>>
>>54966174
you are absolutely correct
>>
>>54956265
How was the south in any way integral to the United States' rise to being a superpower when the region is a demonstrable drain on capital and resources?
>>
>>54953796
It means, "feds can go eat a dick."
>>
>>54953796
Southlandfag here. Since about 1972, this flag stands for only a few things:

1. I like Lynyrd Skynyrd and other hard country/southern rock bands.
2. I am from a rural part of the South and revel in that fact.
3. I like offending liberals and Northerners, who are all faggots. (Flag Trolling).

Anyone making more out of it than that is a Jew from New York.
>>
>>54953796
Symbolizes southern states in civil war. I see it just as symbol of one of very few interesting historical things america has to offer. Also reminds me that south back then made lot of really good songs, and later "rednecks" made bunch of other good ones.
>>
File: download.png (1 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.png
1 KB, 225x225
>>54953796
This flag has been demonized by the niggers that want whites eliminated and enslaved.
KKK IS HERE TO STAY
>>
a reminder that republicans wanted niggers to fuck their wives so bad they went a killed white men to make it happen.
>>
File: makeitwork[1].jpg (271 KB, 1280x1933) Image search: [Google]
makeitwork[1].jpg
271 KB, 1280x1933
>>54953796
Well I guess it USED to symbolize rebellion and standing up for yourself against authority, but then you kekservative southerners gave it up without any real fight, and now it just symbolizes your own surrender.

Seriously, let's look at South Carolina in particular. An immigrant chick governor who rolled on the flag issue within HOURS. Two quasi-openly-gay senators, one of whom was picked entirely on the basis of race. And Trey Gowdy, who is perhaps the most twinkle-toed-looking dude in the entire congress.

WTF happened? You used to have Strom Thurmond. A Democrat like Fritz Hollings had more southern pride and balls than all your precious modern-day Republicans combined.
>>
>>54967062
D U E S V U L T

U

E

S
V

U

L

T
>>
>>54965376
Saving this. I'm a Mississippian and have a strong value on civic life, family, and faith and legitimately try to practice
them in my behavior. Seeing the "MUH PRIDE/HERITAGE" crowd all fired up about "evil traitors" when their own homes are dens of strife and moral decay boils my blood.
>>
>>54966174
>I'm no statist.
>states rights -- which I also support
lulwat? Are you even listening to yourself?
>fed should be the one handling the legislation of squelching a states' right to free expression.
Ummm. Where is the Republican controlled congress handling this legislation?
> think that people should call their god damn senators if they care enough to want it down.
Hmm, well maybe they should, " fight for secession"
> states' right to free expression
Individuals have a right to free expression. How does a State have a right to free expression? Come on.
>>
>>54967461

take a 9th grade history course if you want a serious response
>>
>>54955149

Nobody in the South actually drinks PBR, it's for cooking.
>>
>>54967251
Join us
>>
>>54960444
>Fox News is the only one of those three news outfits that believes in presumption of innocence, a core principle of our legal system

Yep, that's about right.
>>
>>54967572
hahaha. A 9th grade history course? Isn't that a petty remark? You show me where in our laws, a state itself, has the right of freedom of expression. That's like saying a state has the right to practice its own religion.
>>
>>54968261

It's not petty at all. Your comment is indicative of a pervasive and unabashed historical ignorance which would be quickly elucidated with a refresher course.

I see no reason to have to expend my time to explain, in nuance, to someone with basal understanding at best of historical context.
>>
>>54968261
Unless you can point out where in the constitution these rights are withheld from the states then they can do whatever they like.
In theory, anyway. In fact the violation of that principle is what caused the civil war in the first place (yes it was because of slavery specifically, but forcibly freeing the slaves is not a power granted to the federal government and that action in itself is a violation of the principle of states' rights as given in the constitution), and the federal government hasn't slowed down since.
>>
>>54953796
it symbolize the army battle flag of the confederacy and not the confederacy itself.
>>
>>54956853
It's like an anti establishment symbol for right wingers then?
>>
>>54967440
Thank you. I don't hate the South and I'm not unsympathetic to "state's rights". I just hate hypocrisy and self-contradiction. Living in a southern city that's gerrymandered to hell, where our taxes go to back to the state house and we're coerced into adopting their policies if we want it back, makes my blood boil when most "conservatives" talk about states rights.
>>
>>54955230
>he told the employee to run- that he was going to blow up the place

Lol, Mississippi. Also Tupelo has a high crime rate. Also where Elvis was born nyah~

The Confederate battle flag stands for anti-fed and states rights.
>>
>>54953796
Broken and shattered dreams.
>>
>>54968605
And yet you responded, evasively, addressing none of your self-contradictions and in no way proving that a state in and of itself is guaranteed the right to freedom of expression. Nowhere in our long and storied history has this ever been so. Whether at the federal or state level, freedom of expression is a right guaranteed to the individual, not to the state.
>>
>>54969722
>Tupelo has a high crime rate

As a native of North MS I'd wager you're full of shit unless things have just spiraled in recent years. My brother lives right outside of Tupelo and I went there all the time on weekends as a kid and never had a single problem.
>>
Asshurt losers who are still mad after more than a century.
>>
File: GA flag.gif (4 KB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
GA flag.gif
4 KB, 300x180
>>54958706
This.

We BTFO'd three generations of niggers complaining about the flag by changing our state flag to the actual Confederate flag.
>>
>>54957385
>with the exception of mississippi
you mean the number one on your chart? yeah its not an exception if its the loss leader
>>
>>54969861
>never had a single problem
>>
>>54968629
>>54968629
Wow, where to begin. First off many people consider the term "state's rights" to be a misnomer. The constitution only grants rights to individuals and groups of individuals by extension, but not directly to groups or states for that matter. "Following western liberal tradition, constitutional rights in the United States are framed as individual rather than group rights. Courts, however, routinely recognized group rights. Corporate entities, which are voluntary communities of shareholders, have..."(http://digitalcommons.law.umaryland.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1004&context=rrgc)

What you're really referring to are the powers delegated to the states.

The constitution does not have to explicitly deny a state certain powers or entitlements, for those powers or entitlements to be deemed unconstitutional. Further more, certain State legislation or constitutional law can be struck down if it is in violation of the constitution's Supremacy Clause.

Have a nice day.
>>
Who cares? It stands for fuck the federal government. The confederates were the real fucking Americans and it's a pity that unconstitutional dictator won.
>>
>>54971775
Shit. I mean delegated OR RESERVED.
>>
>>54953796
Southern U.S.A. sounds like the worst place for me but I irremediably feel attracted to it.
>>
File: 1445021210560.jpg (404 KB, 1353x1670) Image search: [Google]
1445021210560.jpg
404 KB, 1353x1670
>>54953796
Freedom, and the willingness to fight and kill for it. You can't seriously expect foreigners to understand that ;)
>>
File: 1445022926418.jpg (794 KB, 1317x1191) Image search: [Google]
1445022926418.jpg
794 KB, 1317x1191
>>54955967
It wasnt about slavery, it was about how much wealth and power was concentrating in the gloriously white south
>>
Military flag of a movement against opression
>>
>>54953796
It will be a flag of the US rebels in the upcoming civil war in USA.
The loyalist side will try and demonize it because the rebels will be supported by Russia and China.
It will have battalions of veterans and a semi-commie battalion that isnt openly commie.
They will be all armed with Igla launchers remade to shoot down drones, not only aircraft.
They will be mostly white folks.
And they will lose the war unless they conquer the states that host nuclear weapon facilities.
They will be the rebels. Their flag will be some old ass flag for the first rebels, but only the flag of some rebel division.
>>
>>54971775
>Supremacy Clause
Okay, then point out where in the constition the federal government is given the power to restrict the freedom of expression or practice of religion of the states.

Unless you're just arguing over semantics and trying to say that the word "rights" is being used incorrectly here.
>>
>>54970972
I haven't. Are you trying to imply something I'm missing? I still get the regional papers despite living further away and it's not like fucking Memphis or Atlanta.
>>
>>54953796
Some respect since my stepdad was a white dude from the south. Other than that i hear "the duke boys are at it again" when i see it
>>
>>54953796

thats the flag of the confederacy.

They Lost. ;_;

anyone who puts up this flag is basically saying "i am unhappy with the government!"

They are usually dumb rednecks.

the liberals overreacted when they started pulling it from games an tv stuff.

To me, it symbolizes stupidity. It is an excellent indicator of who I shouldn't bother attempting to converse with. Anyone that seriously puts up this flag proudly is a moron and loser who wants to blame the man and gubberment for his own failings. Might also be racist.
>>
>>54966962

this too. the south likes this flag as a symbol of its own identity but i wish they would pick a different flag, also a southerner here, texas fag.
>>
File: 1446541459079.jpg (110 KB, 1154x1066) Image search: [Google]
1446541459079.jpg
110 KB, 1154x1066
>>54958136
Better to die fighting for what you believe than to go back on it all and live as a coward.
>>
>>54974541

basically this

you have every right to look as stupid as you want
>>
>>54973124
>freedom of expression or practice of religion of the states

where did that happen
>>
Its a flag that represents a failed rebellion. It's not even a slavery issue for me, its just the fact that the Confederate States were basically traitors to the United States, which is why I don't think it should be flown on state grounds. It's like if I walked around Seattle wearing a "Seattle Seakhawks 2015 Superbowl Champions" shirt or something.
>>
>>54974958
This. I don't give a flying fuck if you want to fly it personally, but it makes absolutely zero sense to have it over government buildings operated under the government of the very nation they tried to separate themselves from.
>>
>>54973124
Just arguing semantics? You're conflating rights like freedom of expression with the powers delegated and reserved to the states themselves. No where in the Constitution or state constitutions is freedom of expression guaranteed for the state. It is always framed in terms of individuals.
>>
File: buttonssoc.jpg (9 KB, 333x295) Image search: [Google]
buttonssoc.jpg
9 KB, 333x295
>>54954483
>mfw the battle flag has alqays beenna symbol of rebellion against unjust government power
This is why this civil rights group adopted it and it was used in the dukes of hazard.

Also anyone saying the civil war was due to slavery needs to go look at some nonbiased history.

http://www.ancreport.com/documentary/tariffs-the-road-to-civil-war/
>>
File: IMG_0089.png (241 KB, 640x444) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0089.png
241 KB, 640x444
It's hanging on my wall and it stands for white people not wanting to have jewish influence (union owned banks in New York owned the plantations and facilitated the slave trade, not the 75% germanic southerners who were farmers.)

Even if the carriers didn't know it, that flag directly opposed consolidated jewish control of germanics by the lincolnites and their nigger/traitor army.
>>
>>54975317
>Dukes of Hazard

I'd fuck Daisy still today.
>>
>>54953796
The "Battle Flag" had no official ties or connection to the Confederate States of America. The only reasons anyone flies it is either due to ignorance to history or to be an be edgelord and piss people off.

Anyone who actually gave an honest shit about "mah history" would fly one of the national flags of the CSA. (such as pic related)
>>
>>54975501
See>>54975317
>>
It's the rebel flag. It's the fuck your liberal shit flag.
>>
>>54975317
>>mfw the battle flag has alqays beenna symbol of rebellion against hating niggers
Fixed that for you
>>
>>54953796
>what is your perception of this flag.

Nacos and Bogons.
Beaufs desu
>>
File: 1445460208702.jpg (82 KB, 600x894) Image search: [Google]
1445460208702.jpg
82 KB, 600x894
>>54975723
>>mfw the battle flag has alqays beenna symbol of rebellion against hating niggers
You didn't fix anything and you're a moron.
>>
Traitors, idiots, stupid, murderous morons, fools.
>>
>>54975822
I bet you think John Wilkes Booth was a hero and did the world a great service.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3729x2571) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3729x2571
>>54953796
Theres better.
>>
>>54976393

Well, he did kill a dictatorial tyrant.
>>
>>54976393
Any Southerner who thinks that is an idiot. Regardless of one's opinion on Lincoln during wartime, he wouldn't have botched the fuck out of reconstruction and ensured the South remained busted as hell in some capacity even to modern times
>>
Losers.
>>
>>54976975
This.
>>
>>54953796
It's a sign of strength and rebellion. It was flown after the berin wall fell down, and it's flown amongst soccer active fans around the world.
>>
>>54976528
What's the symbol on Lee's HQ flag meant to be?
>>
Something that is OK to have but should not be on state property considering the confederacy no longer exists
>>
>>54953796
It symbolizes failure. Anyone who flies that flag is celebrating the fact that they were on the losing side. Easy way to tell keks from normal people.
>>
>>54954137
C O M E O N
O
M
E
O
N
>>
>>54953796
A government that is involved in slavery, profit racketeering, genocide, murder and human rights abuses. Of course all for profit.
>>
File: Judah_P_Benjamin_crop.jpg (48 KB, 440x546) Image search: [Google]
Judah_P_Benjamin_crop.jpg
48 KB, 440x546
>>54977410
>All for profit
>I wonder who could be behind this rebellion
>>
>>54953796
Yankee by birth, Southerner at heart.

All that you need to know is contained in this book, pic related...

http://www.amazon.com/Ill-Take-Stand-Tradition-Civilization/dp/0807103578
>>
>>54977739
>Lost Cause feel good bullshit

Oh fuck off. Everything in this camp is a Hallmark card for CSA apologists who don't realize it was a fuckstupid war to get into in the first place. You can't rely solely on your officer corp when the enemy has way more troops and industry than you and expect to win. Not to mention anti-Confederate guerilla movements in like every Confederate state and large desertion rates as the war went on
>>
>>54954022
>>54954450

/thread

>time will not remember why we fought; who was right or wrong, only that few stood against many. That is what matters
>>
Mississippian here. to me it symbolizes cranky-ass rednecks who have nothing better to do than to worship a flag.

Really, it's a piece of history. It belongs in a museum, not on someone's house, nor does it deserve to be banned away in a safe.
>>
>>54977959
Read the book...it has nothing to do with military tactics. It is about Southern culture heritage..
>>
>>54978203
I'm from Mississippi. I know what it's about. The majority of people who worship the confederacy and push this romanticism about this classical idea of Southern culture in my experience are low totem pole sister fuckers who have nothing more important than to live off the bravery of their ancestors because they've never done anything more brave than go to the county line to buy booze despite living in a dry county.
>>
File: Jeff_Davis.jpg (39 KB, 1160x629) Image search: [Google]
Jeff_Davis.jpg
39 KB, 1160x629
>>54978128
>that few stood against many.
and got REKT
>>
>>54978130
>Mississippian here. to me it symbolizes cranky-ass rednecks who have nothing better to do than to worship a flag.

Please hang yourself tonight.

I have a better conception of Southern history than you do.

This is sad, because I am a yankee.

Learn something about your cultural heritage before spouting off like an anonymoose SJW. Your heritage is rich and deep. Stop falling for the MSM, Hollywood propaganda that characterizes all of you as red neck rubes.

The South has a rich and deep tradition.
>>
>>54953796
To me it symbolizes the strength, and fighting will of the Scots-Irish. Their pride was destroyed in that war, and it has never returned. Slavery was wrong, but the culture and the historical importance of the south was destroyed. Now it's just a novelty
>>
>>54978486
Sure, the flag has a more rich historical background. Hence why I said it belongs in a museum. But it's modern interpretation is a joke. I should know, I have redneck neighbors who hang confederate flags off their front porch.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.