[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Somewhat uninformed millennial here, with a question for /pol/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (753 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.png
753 KB, 720x540
Somewhat uninformed millennial here, with a question for /pol/. Rather than take out financial aid or a loan (4.5k in aid, 6.5k available in loans), wouldn't enlisting in the armed forces be a better path? They somewhat pay for your school and allow you to get a degree while inside. Air Force is my first choice and am a week away from the asvab, which seems ridiculously easy (90 on the practice exam). Thoughts? Please share your experience, preferably from the United States.
>>
welfare queen
>>
>>53801832
>enlisting
>not going for officer
it's like you want to hang out with rednecks, spics, niggers and washouts or something
>>
>chair force
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 360x235) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 360x235
>>53801832

>actually considering enlisting in the ZOG machine

How new are you friend?
>>
>>53801832
Try to go to a military academy instead, what are you some dumb redneck?
>>
>>53801832
Never enlisted, but I completed college with no debt. Don't take out loans. Go to a worse school if you have to. Apply for all the scholarships, get a job somewhere that will pay for some classes. Or join the military if you have no other way. Chair force is apparently ez mode of the military.
>>
>>53801878
The thing is, you can't be an officer until you graduate. Which defeats the purpose of my question as to where to begin with my education. I could do ROTC, and train while in school but again, you don't begin as an officer until you've completed your 4-year
>>
>>53802033
I hear you, I've been going to a normal college but also working two jobs and have taken a semester off so I'm a bit behind. >>53801878 referred to the population of the military who aren't officers as spic's retards and fucking weird ass people, but I see the same kids in my classes... Literally half of them looks pleased with a damned D average
>>
>>53801832
>wouldn't enlisting in the armed forces be a better path?
becoming a mercenary to allow others to fall into debt is worse than falling into debt.
>>
>>53802384
How could I become a mercenary by enlisting in my own country's armed forces..?
>>
>>53802177
My dad went to college for 11 years. Don't feel too bad if you don't complete it within four. I know nothing about military enlistment, just telling you that debt is shitty. I even work in the finance world now.
>>
>>53802502
Over a decade, huh? What's his major? I'm considering network engineering.
>>
>>53802486
Our armed forces are a mercenary army. The compensation and benefits are fantastic. And we fight wars essentially on rental contracts for Israel and Saudi Arabia.
>>
>>53802557
Be got an associates degree in... some kind of engineering so that he could design houses about halfway through. Then he got another engineering degree. I honestly don't remember the specific kind that shit doesn't matter very much after you graduate, tbh. He was always pretty well employed because he learned CAD in like 1992. He'd get hired places and be the only guy that knew how to use a computer.
>>
AF is easy mode. Only branch that wants you to miss work to take classes. Just do your 4 and dip out with your bachelors, spend some fun time in the sand box. Though seriously it should be a fall back plan.
>>
>>53802583
Okay I feel you, it was just confusing on why becoming one allows other to "fall into debt"
>>
>>53802583
>implying being a mercenary is bad

i'm literally fine with being a killer for hire, in the governments employ
>>
>>53801832
Doing the military service (14 weeks) is fun and gets you some cold cash (1'240€), but if you're searching for money, it's not enough. You could join the regular forces and receive a scholarship, but unless hanging out with the worst meatheads of your nation I don't advise it.
Get a job as a bartender or something and work during the holidays + weekends during the year. I've got a female friend who does that and she seems to be doing well.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.