[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drinking Age in the US
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: B.jpg (96 KB, 400x346) Image search: [Google]
B.jpg
96 KB, 400x346
Explain to me why the drinking age should be 21 instead of 18. You're gonna set up a college where half of them can drink and half of them can't?

Also when shit's legal it isn't as fun to do. I know so many people that just stopped going out drinking after they turned 21.
This would almost completely get rid of drunk driving aside from the outliers in the age group. When it's legal for you to drink you don't have to drive out of your house without a safe ride back just to binge drink for the thrill of getting drunk.

ITT: Defenders of 21 drinking age are literal Soccer mom's and don't realize the only reason state's keep their drinking age 21 is so the federal government still pays for their roads
>>
>>53739568
There isn't a viable, non-hypocritical defense of it, but prepare yourself for ad-hom and "degeneracy" spam.
>>
>>53739568
>stopped drinking after 21

maybe because around then hangovers generally get worse and last longer, and also people have been drinking for years and got bored of it
>>
File: 54860dbcb37b2.image.jpg (159 KB, 1200x1260) Image search: [Google]
54860dbcb37b2.image.jpg
159 KB, 1200x1260
>willingly ingesting the intoxicating depressant juden
>>
>>53739862
I don't drink Leafmin
>>53739725
going out drinking and drinking are separate things Monty
>>
Drinking age is pointless anyways. Any kids that don't have older siblings to buy them alcohol will just make it.

You can literally go to your kitchen and grab a pound of sugar and a couple containers and make cheap vodka yourself.

The focus shouldn't be on forbidding alcohol but rather teaching kids that your end up a fat wastoid if you drink regularly at age 16 and fuck up your development. And start teaching mothers some self control, tired of seeing gross fas kids everywhere.
>>
It's so they can be trained into serfdom all the way into adult life, American life is all about high quality servitude.
>>
>>53739568
>Explain to me why the drinking age should be 21 instead of 18
i drank at 17.
i drank at 21.
you want a real answer?
drinking age should be 30 andd mandatory free drinks for your birthday at 30 at any bar in the country.

>30
>never drank
>first night get shit tanked
>have to go to work the next day
>not expecting the full body migraine of a human's first hangover
>vow to never drink again
>actually stick to the vow
>be successful and healthy
>alcohol industry takes a huge dive
>breweries in america become juice manufacturers
>soda industry takes a dive
>'muricans lose weight like crazy from no longer ingesting high fructose corn syrup
>become country of healthy, in shape, and alert individuals
>social justice becomes a thing of the past
>corruption in gov't ceases to exist
>kids no longer act like retards and parents are actually proud of their children
>1950s style middle class with none of the cookie cutter leave it to beaver bullshit
>perfection achieved
>evolution starts moving forward again
>humanity starts bearing offspring without pinky toes
>ethereal being level reached
>traverse the cosmos without starships
>visit possible life bearing planets
>look at their women naked while they bathe since they can't see us

this is the future we could achieve.
>>
>>53739568
They should raise the age to be an adult to 25 tbh fam.
>>
They should fully end the prohibition of cannabis in every state and use hemp to undercut the profits of the cotton industry.

oh but we don't live in a world where logical things happen, never mind
>>
>>53739568
>underage complains that he can't buy alcohol

Great thread m8
>>
>>53739568

It's not going to change. Once you turn 21, you immediately stop giving a shit about this 'issue' since it no longer affects you. You only have 18, 19, and 20 year olds as a pool of people who can vote and who care about it. And they're too busy drinking illegally. Good luck getting anything changed.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.