[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that Jesus is your best friend? How could you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: thorns-02-jesusnaz.jpg (81 KB, 626x714) Image search: [Google]
thorns-02-jesusnaz.jpg
81 KB, 626x714
Daily reminder that Jesus is your best friend? How could you be so cruel as to not return the love that he has shown you? He gave you the chance to live with him eternally in peacefully bliss.

>Sweated blood
>Took on the guilt of the sins of the world on his shoulders and still survived what would have been a depression so severe it would have killed any mortal
>entire body scourged
>crown of thorns placed on his head
>mocked, beaten, abused, hated spit on, insulted for doing nothing wrong
>forced to carry a heaven cross after almost being scourged to death
>graciously accepted the cross, one of the most painful deaths in the ancient world

He did all this for you? How can you not love based Jesus?
>>
>>53704728
why should i believe in jesus and not mithra or Horus?

They also sacrificed themselves for the good of mankind
>>
>>53704880
because Jesus was a real man who walked the earth and performed true miracles. many other miracles have been attributed to his followers throughout the ages.

besides the fact that Christianity gave Europe its golden age and saved them from the muslims.
>>
>>53705061
give me historical proof that Jesus as described in the gospels existed.
>>
File: le_zeitgeist_face.jpg (17 KB, 300x241) Image search: [Google]
le_zeitgeist_face.jpg
17 KB, 300x241
>>53704880
>Year of our Lord, 2015
>still believing this fucking kike
*tips circumcised dick
>>
>>53705202
Roman historian Tacitus

"Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judæa, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind".
>>
>>53705202
Here's your proof *dick is a zip*
>>
>>53705353
this proves that there was some sort of figurehead in the religion who most likely existed and was crucified. I agree.

But what about the details of jesus's life as described in the gospels?
I already agree jesus existed.
Now prove to me that he is as great a man as you say
>>
>>53705714
Well you would just need to take a look at the New Testament…which you probably won't believe.

You could examine Catholic miracles associated with the Eucharist.

You could examine Marian apparitions.

But I think a huge part of it has to come down to the simple fact that people for about 2,000 years have firmly believed in Christ. History is filled with people deeply committed to him and the church.

You are never going to find perfect evidence to prove that Christ exists and Christianity is real. It will require some degree of faith.

That being said I believe the more we learn about science and the universe the closer we will find ourselves to God. Catholicism can never be limited by science/math discoveries because it will only serve to reveal greater truths since God is the supreme rationale being…all things must come form him.
>>
>>53704728
Go home Jehovah.
>>
Jesus fucked a prostitute.
>>
File: 1425582541788.jpg (214 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1425582541788.jpg
214 KB, 960x720
>>53706117
>>
>>53705202
there's quite a bit but this is fascinating:

In summary, the Nazareth Inscription fits well in a Jewish context where there were family tombs with “sepulcher-sealing stones.” In addition, the fact that dead bodies were being moved “with wicked intent” suggests something unusual was happening. The highly unusual imposition of the death penalty for removing dead bodies from tombs supports this interpretation and also strongly suggests that the Nazareth Inscription was issued to deal with what the Roman emperor saw as a major problem. I believe that this problem was the new sect of the Nazarenes, which taught that Jesus Christ was the King of the Jews and that He had resurrected from the dead.

The Roman emperor who wrote the Nazareth Inscription—almost certainly Claudius—probably saw the new Jewish sect of the Nazarenes as a dangerous, anti-Roman religious movement. It should be remembered that Jesus’ followers believed that He was the Messiah, the King of the Jews. Roman emperors took a great deal of interest in people who proclaimed themselves kings.

To counter the Nazarene/Christian teaching that Jesus had been resurrected, Jewish leaders claimed that His disciples “came by night and stole him away” [Matt. 28:3 NASV]. It is almost certain that this was the version of the resurrection of Christ, which came to the ears of the Roman Emperor Claudius, who consequently issued the Nazareth Inscription and had it posted in the city of Nazareth [iii].

http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2009/07/22/The-Nazareth-Inscription-Proof-of-the-Resurrection-of-Christ.aspx

http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2009/07/28/The-Nazareth-Inscription-Proof-of-the-Resurrection-of-Christ-Part-II.aspx
>>
>>53706665
that as already mentioned would confirm the account of matthew, which says:

11 Now while they were going, behold, some of the guard came into the city and reported to the chief priests all the things that had happened. 12 When they had assembled with the elders and consulted together, they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers, 13 saying, "Tell them, 'His disciples came at night and stole Him away while we slept.' 14 And if this comes to the governor's ears, we will appease him and make you secure." 15 So they took the money and did as they were instructed; and this saying is commonly reported among the Jews until this day.

this would also corroborate that there was indeed an empty tomb, and that Jesus' resurrection was at the heart of the movement from the very start.
>>
File: check these.jpg (107 KB, 287x364) Image search: [Google]
check these.jpg
107 KB, 287x364
>>53706117

If you are referring to his top initiate and Archon trickster, there is no evidence she was a prostitute, and indeed the Catholic church re-neged on this in 1969.

The common identification of Mary Magdalene with other New Testament figures was rejected in the 1969 revision of the General Roman Calendar, with the comment regarding her liturgical celebration on 22 July: "No change has been made in the title of today's memorial, but it concerns only Saint Mary Magdalene, to whom Christ appeared after his resurrection. It is not about the sister of Saint Martha, nor about the sinful woman whose sins the Lord forgave (Luke 7:36–50)."[36]
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.