[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what would be so bad about Workers Self-Management /pol/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: boss chomsky.jpg (31 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
boss chomsky.jpg
31 KB, 396x594
what would be so bad about Workers Self-Management /pol/?
>>
Beats me. I wonder more why the workers don't manage themselves instead of sitting around and asking this question.
>>
If you went out into the world and worked anything that didn't require a college degree you'd see just how fucking stupid and shortsighted the average worker is.
Its not that its even a bad idea, just unrealistic.
>>
>>53578718
When the rust belt began in the 70s as auto plants began the first round of closures the union did try to buy some in Youngstown, they'd worked out a loan deal with some local credit unions and local banks, the company declined to sell despite the fact that they would make a profit selling the plant

There are higher class interests at stake in preventing attempts at it let alone successful
>>
>>53578807
You could say the same about Managers and Management
Manager at a burger joint I used to work at was just a complete incompetent. Could not work out a decent roster. Could not order supplies to cover our normal needs. And was so incompetent that on public holiday long weekends we would consistently run out of everything from coins for cash registers to vegetables to chips to buns - how does a buger joint run out of buns!?

The staff working together and electing members to team leader positions would have been able to make that idiot completely redundant
>>
>>53578860
2015 minus 70 is what, I don't know, you do the math. In all seriousness, I'm all for workers having more self-managed companies. In my opinion, that's the American Way, and don't need another Chairman Mao to have 100 Blossoms so he can more genocide and Henry Kissingers or whatever.

Do it, faggots. Who is stopping you but yourselves? Maybe I might even want to work at your place if you can get it going.
>>
>>53578974
>minus 70
I said in the 70s
As in 1970s
Not 70 years ago
> and don't need another Chairman Mao to have 100 Blossoms so he can more genocide and Henry Kissingers or whatever.
What does government have to do with this?

This is two things you've gotten wrong/are spouting incoherently
>>
File: Grilld-Logo-Healthy-Burgers.jpg (40 KB, 568x568) Image search: [Google]
Grilld-Logo-Healthy-Burgers.jpg
40 KB, 568x568
>>53578958
The worst time that happened we were also understaffed - there were only 4 people working and a line out the door when I arrived early and had to start right away because of it
Because with no public holiday overtime why would you work on Australia Day
>>
>>53579018
I'm not trying to make you look stupid, but 2015-1970 would tell you how long it's been with nothing accomplished.

And the reason I brought up China, Chairman Mao, and Henry Kissinger is because it was all an inside job to rig the entire system. General Douglass McArthur tried a little bit too hard to get our traditional ally, Chaing Kai Sheck or however you want to spell it, to win the day. So they kiled him for his trouble. Just like our General Patten. It just so happens I used to live near the airport named after McArthur.

I'm not trying to fight with you, but, you know, we're still living in an age where it's just about free to access information.
>>
>>53578489
people are to dumb to make their own decisions, it sucks.
>>
Works for some kinds of companies. Valve is a horizontal business with no management types at all. Then again, they have incredibly high standards for new hires, so they don't really need management because all their staff are self-motivated world-class experts. Has worked out pretty well for them so far.
>>
>>53579312
I haven't played video games for a long time, so I'm unfamiliar with Valve and its works. Has it been successful?

It might be nice to have an example other than that one Spanish company.
>>
In america there is nothing stopping you from starting your own business.
>>
File: 1266990154057.jpg (68 KB, 400x578) Image search: [Google]
1266990154057.jpg
68 KB, 400x578
>>53579170
>And the reason I brought up China, Chairman Mao, and Henry Kissinger is because it was all an inside job to rig the entire system. General Douglass McArthur tried a little bit too hard to get our traditional ally, Chaing Kai Sheck or however you want to spell it, to win the day. So they kiled him for his trouble. Just like our General Patten. It just so happens I used to live near the airport named after McArthur.
>>
>>53579279
but they're not
>>
>>53579485
>Has it been successful?
You know what Steam is? It's how Valve became a billion dollar business. They jumped on digital distribution in the early 00s, when console platform was still the mainstay for the industry's big dogs. They got a huge headstart and as a result they still own the vast majority of the market for online distribution of PC video games. It's to the point that Steam is basically the Facebook of PC gaming, it's that ubiquitous.

It's not just a market place that major game studios are basically forced to use now, it's also a hub for community development and trading, from which Valve scrapes a fee off every transaction.

A few other facts: they're totally private, the company is owned entirely by one of its original founders: Gabe Newel. He's technically the boss of everybody, but he almost never interferes in projects. Though it should be mentioned that Steam was his idea, so when he does speak, people listen.
>>
Back when Argentina had their meltdown in the 2000s, many factories shut down and the owners fled the country with all the money.

Well workers needing work to live broke into many plants and restarted production themselves
Many are now more successful than previously - they've managed to increase pay, hire more stuff
>>
>>53579785
No, I really don't have any idea what Steam is. I left that industry when it stopped being fun. Let me toss you two questions.

1. Why do people try to associate Yanis Varoufakis with it to make him look like he's stupid or something?
2. Actually, let's just do it one at a time.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.