[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /pol/, I need to pick a subject for a research paper for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Bismarck.jpg (33 KB, 330x440) Image search: [Google]
Bismarck.jpg
33 KB, 330x440
Hey /pol/, I need to pick a subject for a research paper for a GE history class I'm taking. Any ideas?

Has to be from between the years 1750-1900
>>
The rupture betwen Bismarck and Kaiser Wilhelm II ?
>>
>>53574204

A few ideas of the top of my head.
American Rev.
French Rev.
Napoleonic Wars
Congress of Vienna
Berlin Conference
Rise of Zionism
Opium War
Weakening of Qing China
Independence Movements in Latin America
Independence Movements in the Balkans
Unification of Germany and Italy
Ending of the Slave Trade
>>
>>53574204
beginning of marxism.
>>
>>53574204

unification of Germany obviously, and how it upset the balance of power in Europe resulting in the world wars
>>
>>53574204

It might be outside the date range, so ask your professor if this would be allowed, but you could try asking about the actual motives behind building the High Seas Fleet, given that it was not actually designed with beating the Royal Navy in mind, given how short the operational range of its capital ships were.

Or, if you're willing to go a bit further afield, you could talk about why Britain feared losing its hegemony to Germany when the latter passed Britain in a bunch of metrics that were used at the time to measure national power, like steel and wheat production. Yet they did not have similar fears when the United States passed them earlier and by a hell of a lot more.
>>
make the connections between Marx's birth and the Jews golden age that ushered in northern enlightened waging civil war.
>>
I definitely want to write about the unification of Germany, but I need a very specific area of research. Right now I'm leaning toward the revolutions of 1848-49 and how they failed.
>>53576190
He's pretty strict on the date range, but those seem like very interesting topics. I might look into them after I'm through with this
>>
>>53574204
Bismark and Germany is ez mode
>>
>>53574204
Bismarck and the german unification with emphasis on the diplomatic relations in Europe
>>
>>53574204
Berlin Conference tbh
>>
>>53576470
Bismarck's role in the unification of Germany with Focus on the unification wars
>>
Fuck, I didn't realize the buses stopped running at 11
>tfw walking home with five heavy german history books
>>
>>53574204
German Military doctrine like Clausewitz, and other generals?
>>
Failure of the french revolution, and why populist and idealistic revolutions raeely work. Contrast woth the American Revolution, which was led largely by the wealthy in America
>>
1848 revolutions in Germany
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.