[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How well are you prepared for societies collapse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: 798.png (355 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
798.png
355 KB, 680x383
If it actually happens suddenly and the huge population is suddenly cut off from where the food actually is grown, or something happens to the production of food in the first place, not too mention electricity and public water. How are you prepared?

Do you have enough food stored to last you a year while everyone ells starves and lowers the population to normal levels? Do you have land and water and seeds to grow your own food so that its not just canned beans beans, rice, and ramen you are living off of? Do you have a safe place to be and/or weapons for self defense?

This is a globalized interconnected world that has a huge population that will continue to soar to over 9 billion before you know it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1gsyhuHGgc

All that food that we eat, takes water. Meat consumes a lot of water to produce. We feed our cattle with grain that is grown in Brazil (cutting down rain forrest in the process). So if Brazilian grain gets cut off, the meat in the USA will skyrocket in price.

Furthermore, the giant underground lake that the Midwest pulls its water from is drying up, there won't be a farming much anymore from that region in the next few decades. So water scarcity combined with growing populations in Africa and such is going to cause global conflicts and mass migrations. (WASSUP! MONEY! MONEY! MONEY!). Food is going to get expensive and the economy will tank.

Are you prepared to the future? You might have a decade or 2 left to prepare.
>>
>>53559735
One thing to keep in mind is that hunting will not be able to save you if you haven't stored up any food. We have more guns than people in America and we've decimated the native habitats that wild animals rely on. If every hick and thug with a gun went hunting out of desperation for food, there wouldn't be a single animal larger than a mouse left in the country.

The rivers would be fished clean. The forests would be silent. Stray animals would be eliminated. The cattle ranches and hatcheries and factory farms would be cleared out. Family pets would be served up to keep the kids alive for just a few more weeks.

Not to mention the other wild resources! Without electricity or heating oil or natural gas, the country would look like Haiti by the first winter as people cut everything down to cook food and boil water and heat homes. After the trees are all gone, people would start tearing apart houses and furniture and infrastructure for just a little more fuel to hang on just a little bit longer.

Let's not forget the nuclear plants. Even if they are shut down safely to prevent a meltdown, the fuel rods would catch fire without constant monitoring and cooling. Plus, without fire departments, the cities would burn out of control. Millions of tons of plastic, nuclear waste, rubber, industrial chemicals, garbage, tar all go up in smoke - and what goes up, must come down.

Every water source would be severely contaminated by the inevitable conflagration, with enough ash and soot it might as well have been a nuclear war.

OH yeah, let's talk about those. You think Israel would allow its country to collapse without first wiping out its enemies? What about Russia? What about India or Pakistan?

You aren't ready for the future. No one is.
>>
>>53560861
It depends on how severe the collapse is. maybe it will just be great depression levels. IE, the government and the more well off people keep getting by but everyone ells is left to forage. Lots of people would be screwed but nuclear reactors would still be fine. Gated communities with guards and whatnot.

Best case scenario is that we suddenly get a lot more local farmers, and meat once again becomes an every once in a while thing, so people eat mostly bread and vegetables for every meal.
>>
File: 1466834720225803812.jpg (393 KB, 800x452) Image search: [Google]
1466834720225803812.jpg
393 KB, 800x452
>>53559735
I'm giving my country to a multi billionaire.
>>
>>53559735
When is the oil supposed to peak?
>>
Im in the initial stages.
Saving money to purchase about 30 acres of land.
A self-sustaining home without water/electricity.
Underground bomb shelter.
Weapons.
>>
File: enhanced-17011-1433451243-1.jpg (53 KB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-17011-1433451243-1.jpg
53 KB, 625x352
Blood from human meatmongers, milk from lactating slaves; what else do you need?
>>
>>53561817
>>53561817

I laugh at cucks like you, what stops 10000+ hungry niggers to spend all their free apocalypse triying to get your shit, keep in mind that if you shoot some of them they will just get angrier while they eat the bodies (And no you fucking faggot ur not an irl aimbot with enough ammo to headshot all of them), also keep in mind that if you thing you will be safe in your bunker, you wont. As i said, niggers with infinite time will find a way to fuck you over, thats a fact.

I will keep developing community ties so i can rally my people agains common enemies when shit hit the fan.
>>
File: Homestead Plan.jpg (66 KB, 900x529) Image search: [Google]
Homestead Plan.jpg
66 KB, 900x529
>>53559735
>Do you have enough food stored to last you a year while everyone ells starves and lowers the population to normal levels? Do you have land and water and seeds to grow your own food so that its not just canned beans beans, rice, and ramen you are living off of? Do you have a safe place to be and/or weapons for self defense?

When the shit hits the fan you're not going to remain unmolested by the unwashed masses unless you're self-sufficient AND live far out in the boonies. So far out you normally don't run into people. Your closest neighbour is a 30 min drive away level.

>Are you prepared to the future? You might have a decade or 2 left to prepare.

While I think massive SHTF is possible or even likely, you need to realize most of the preparing stuff is just being jewed by an expensive hobby combined with roleplaying.

Preppers are closer to Walking Dead cosplayers than actual survivalists.

Look at this image and ask yourself if this is what you have. That's a plan for a small homestead. Again it needs to be far away from population centers and self-sufficient.

Almost nobody has this as it is. Of those who do only the barest sliver are preppers. Living like this for years or decades waiting for the Happening is just not something people will do.

That said, the basic skills of survival, first aid, home growing, are all good skills. There's a rewarding hobby to be had and useful things to learn. It's just very rare that people do.
Have you taken actual classes in wilderness survival? Do you go out an entire weekend and stay /out/side for the duration (backyards don't count)? Have you done a first aid course?

For most people, even people interested in this stuff the answer is no. You sat at home and looked at some Youtube videos, glanced at a book and ordered more expensive EDC items to take pictures of.
>>
>>53559735
>implying im planning on living in this world

top lek m8
>>
>>53562718
I think most people who prep, are preparing for much lighter scenarios. Local disaster like an earthquake, etc. maybe an extended period of time like a few months with no power.

Anyways, the water crisis will hit the third world much harder than the first, and yes food will be getting expensive, but I think it will be more like 'lean times' for us rather than an actual collapse.

Storing food now while its cheep is just a good idea, even if nothing happens. it would be just a large pantry. Learning how to grow gardens is just something that's good to do, improves your diet,
>>
>>53562718
But yeah, I don't have that. I have farmable land with woods and wells. But I live near other people.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.