[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finance and Money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: Doing gods work - what is adxs.jpg (968 KB, 3584x1440) Image search: [Google]
Doing gods work - what is adxs.jpg
968 KB, 3584x1440
Can we a serious discussion about money and finance /pol/?

Why are people in today's society so clueless about money, personal finance and the economy in general?

I keep seeing and hearing so much shit it's unbelievable.

>People not knowing the pros and cons of renting vs buying (there is no right and wrong here, it all depends on the situation yet people are go full retard already here)
>Retirement, savings, interest, taxes and taxation, interest, compound interest, 401k (lol).
>The basics of markets, stocks, equity, liquidy, gold, silver, oil, gas, minerals.
>Sentral banks, banks general, different types of banks and financial institutions
>FED, Rothchilds (lol), Rockefeller, Obama, Jews, Saud, the queen, goldman, wall street and big corporations own us, are screwing us over. (natural selection is late this season...)
>Basic math skills, hurr durr money is just paper, king Arthurs 13 bankster warriors established FED, Silverman Shekelbergstein, cash is king, gold is god, inflation! Deflation! 3 tbsp of mason++....
>2015 - daytrading without financial knowledge (do you realise who you are going head to head with? and even if that wasn't the case you lose so much potential profit by having your head up your ass. ''what is momentum'')

One could argue that there is more to life then money (it definitely is in my opinion), but it doesn't change the fact that money and finance in general is such an important subject that everyone should read up on and at least know the basics. It will only benefit you.
>>
>>44248788
>implying
I doubt this board could have a legitimate discussion on it. Eventually this thread will be full of people yelling, "HURRR DURRRRR JEWS CUNTROL MUH MONEE"
>>
>investing? LOL 1% scum!
>>
File: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg (348 KB, 1041x1600) Image search: [Google]
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
348 KB, 1041x1600
>>44248788
If you'd like to give some advice you could. teach me please.
>>
High end principles of finance cease working if everyone knews them and acts on them. If people are too financially responsible and save too much there quickly becomes a glUT of investment capital. Increased supply decreases prices, which makes it less viable to invest in the first place.

There is also fewer dollars out there for the market to chase, which makes it harder to become profitable selling consumer goods.

Not everyone can do it and most people have enough money to meaningfully impact the market or not have their investment eaten by comission.

That said the sheer degree to which people can't search for good prices concerns me. People shop on amazon and assume they get a good price when you can use amazon to harvest the model number and search elsewhere.

A better question would be to ask is why you aren't doing personal finance to the best of your ability. I fly domestic round trip 3 times per year for free with credit card sign up bonuses. I open and close checking accounts and net another $500/month. For every basic step they don't follow there are several advanced steps you don't follow. The reason they operate at your level is the same they operate at their level, it is a natural default string based in comfort, interest, and natural drives.
>>
File: 1425172254294.jpg (141 KB, 655x435) Image search: [Google]
1425172254294.jpg
141 KB, 655x435
>>44248838

tfw there will never be

>finance board
>philosophy board
>history board
>news board

Wonder why /pol/ sucks.... Because it is containment for such a huge category of stuff..
>>
>>44249470
>>finance board
but there is
>>>/biz/
newfag
>>
File: CapMan_grey_logo.jpg (24 KB, 1304x475) Image search: [Google]
CapMan_grey_logo.jpg
24 KB, 1304x475
>>44249250
>High end principles of finance cease working if everyone knews them and acts on them. If people are too financially responsible and save too much there quickly becomes a glUT of investment capital. Increased supply decreases prices, which makes it less viable to invest in the first place.
False. You completly neglect psychology and human nature (i think you spoke philosophically?)

>There is also fewer dollars out there for the market to chase, which makes it harder to become profitable selling consumer goods.
This one is completely false. You need to read up on economics.

>Not everyone can do it and most people have enough money to meaningfully impact the market or not have their investment eaten by comission.
This one is true as far as i understand (not 100% sure what you meant by the impact part).

>That said the sheer degree to which people can't search for good prices concerns me. People shop on amazon and assume they get a good price when you can use amazon to harvest the model number and search elsewhere.
True, but nothing to be conserned about.

>For every basic step they don't follow there are several advanced steps you don't follow. The reason they operate at your level is the same they operate at their level, it is a natural default string based in comfort, interest, and natural drives.
You need to formulate this one better. Not sure if i understand what you mean.
>>
>>44249956
Discussing finance and markets with /biz/ is the equivalent to taking online courses to get an MBA.
>>
>>44248788
I'm amazed basic economics isn't required in schools, or at least to vote
the shit some people believe is insane
>>
>>44250061
nah you just have to be smart enough to recognize someone who knows what they're talking about
>>
File: Story of biz.png (196 KB, 478x359) Image search: [Google]
Story of biz.png
196 KB, 478x359
>>44250157
Have you seen how they pick stocks over there?
>>
>>44249966

I was speaking economically.

If everyone were to start investing there would be a glut of investment capital. It would be easier for a business to get a loan and businesses would not have to compete or pay as high of interest rates.

This undermines the ability to actually get a solid 5-6% return and see the magic of compounding interest/capital gains.

> This one is completely false. You need to read up on economics.

It's not. There are a set number of dollars. They can be invested or they can be spent. If more people dedicated their spending money to investing, there is more invested and less spent. This isn't even economics, this is arithmetic.

> regarding impact

Venture capitalists have enough money to enter startups and influence how they are run. They can meaningfully act with the voting power that their shareholder equity grants them. If you are too poor, you cannot flex this influence, even if your money buys that influence for you. You are too small to be relevant or considered.

> True, but nothing to be conserned about.

It's everything to be concerned about. It's the #1 way people can place more dollars in their pocket.

Being able to buy identical goods for less money is pure profit. They don't even have to deny their basic urges and normal spending; they get it all and more.

Meanwhile the economy becomes more price sensitive, which is good for consumers. Amazon can't win by being monolithic and having diverse inventory, they have to be cheaper too.

> You need to formulate this one better. Not sure if i understand what you mean.

If you can't read it then it's not for you. It's a very simple analogy.

Everyone operates at their default skill level because that is how far their interest and skill takes them. The reason you aren't the best in the world is the same reason they're not above average, you're simply trying as hard as your default level. Your default level just happens to be higher than theirs.
>>
>>44248788
Why? Because learning about that shit is boring.
The latest episode of Meet the Kardashians? Now that's interesting!
>>
>>44248788
>Implying the fed is bad
>Implying Gold, or any physical object, is ever a good idea to use as money
>>
>>44250806
Your understanding of liquidy, currency and monetary policy is so rubbish it hurts.

I wish there was more activity on WSO.
>>
>>44250501
>Have you seen how they pick stocks over there?
No I haven't, entertain me.
>>
>>44248788

"Peter Principle of ambition and happiness. We're trained to always want more, we want to grow and grow; but often it's the decision not to grow, to live a sustainable, balanced life, that leads to happiness."

Read Emerson's "Self-Reliance".

Our modern world is too materialistic, that's not some edgy opinion I have, it's a simple fact. We buy things we don't need, and we buy them pretty constantly.

Do you really need the new iphone every year to be happy? Or a new pair of Nikes? Or the new luxury car?

We in the west are in debt because we buy things we can't really afford.

Things you need:

-water
-food
-shelter
-healthcare
-electricity

everything else is unnecessary.
>>
File: 1426286640969.png (274 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1426286640969.png
274 KB, 512x384
>>44248788
>money doesn't bring happiness
>I don't need a high paying job to be happy
>high school doesn't matter
>it doesn't matter what university or college you go to
>>
>>44251192

Are you kidding me right now?

I am literally saying that if consumer and investor behavior drastically shifts, the market will shift with it.

It I'd classic supply demand. If more people are willing to loan more dollars, they will need to lower their expected return or take on greater risk in order to out compete the other investors.

This happebed in Japan. Lots of people saving, not a lot of people spending, and it became very difficult to get a return
>>
File: We are shit wasting our lifes.jpg (59 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
We are shit wasting our lifes.jpg
59 KB, 620x388
>>44251268
Businesses want people to be materialistic. The question is are you going to be a consumer or a producer? Obviously both, but which one is going to be the heavyweight.

You don't need this and that but you don't want to live like a nun either. Balance and social responsibility is the key, but people lack that.

Deman and supply<Deman and supply+advertisment.

Psychology and emotions. It feels good. Make life be worth it, just don't be stupid about it.

I have been 99% and i have been 1%. I'm currently back to 99% but there is no doubt that 1% is like living life 110% instead of 100% and those 10% makes a big difference. I can only imagine what 0.001% must be like.
>>
a lot of it is math based and people in general are scared of it. its boring and intimidating, and even if you learned, say the stock market, its still risky and doesnt guarantee anything, and most cant afford to try it out in the first place. our public education system is broken and most people are disinterested in further education unless its required to meet some goal. its not in the interest of those who control the money to have knowledgable base of consumers using more sophisticated finance strategies (cant have too many people saving instead of spending)

basically certain people want us to be sheep for fleecing and enough are willing to be sheep
>>
>>44250501
tell me!

>>44250080
It was sorta required in my school
>>
People dont care about money, the economy, finances and other things that the rich and ruling powers that be care about. Whens the last time you said to yourself. "oh man, sure is great we bailed out that car company that will need to get bailed out again in 6months". Yeah, never. Not to say that we should let them due to mass loss of jobs but still, the average person doesnt really value money like business faggots seem to believe. I sure as hell dont. I doubt I ever will. Money and capitalism have no impact on my life as I could just as easily trade labor for food and shelter where as money cant always be used to get something
>>
>>44251777
>The question is are you going to be a consumer or a producer? Obviously both

I know of no producer leftists.
>>
>>44252874
that isnt the point. the big problem is people vote for and chose to support economic policies and they dont even know what a fucking supply and demand looks like. the $15 minimum push is a case in point or like op mentioned, the pro and cons of buying and renting(which EVERYONE will need to do at some point, even if they do your gay little commy barter). if you dont want to participate in markets and investment thats fine but the simple matter is they are making decision that potential make even one worse off because of their willful ignorance. but i agree there are massive difference in the way people who have a lot of capital/wealth view money and the way other people dont
>>
>>44248788
People should know all that while also knowing that ultimately money is a worthless thing that can be used to get other things.

There are two things you should aim for: land and water supply. With land and water you can drink, grow food and survive. Without, you have to rely on others to do so. There is a big thing here in Australia to subdivide property and live in boxes - it's disgusting
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.