[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jap bombing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: Little_boy.jpg (156 KB, 703x462) Image search: [Google]
Little_boy.jpg
156 KB, 703x462
So im doing a research project on the genocide of the japs by the americans

what does pol think? was it genocide? what did you think caused it? shoot
>>
>>44095296
fucking jap animals caused it
>Nanking
>Pearl Harbor
>many many more
can't genocide something that isn't human
>>
>>44095296
usg wanted to try out their new toy, nothing more nothing less
>>
It was Lan Lan
>>
I don't think you know what genocide means
>>
>>44095296
Japan was dragging its feet on the surrender, insisting Hirohito stayed on the throne. Meanwhile a Soviet invasion of Japan loomed, and Truman also wanted to show the Soviets that we had the bomb and were willing to use it.

Japan was defenseless, with few adult fighting age males left, no industry and no organized military at home.
>>
>>44095296
it wasn't genocide it was war
>>
>>44095296
don't call it genocide. talk about the issues in the context of total war.
>>
>>44095385

>implying american servicemen didn't commit war crimes themselves.

Silly american, the only reason no one ever bitched about those is that you've won the war and pretty much restructured the world order

>inb4 weeabo
Gramps was in the resistance and my dad once told me as story about how a jap soldier tried to get antsy with my grandpa's female cousin. Said soldier disappeared and never seen again.
>>
>>44095296
>was it genocide?
Isthisniggasrs.jpg
>>
They deserved it for nanking and pearl harbor.
Mostly nanking.
>>
Not genocide, per se but a British-tier evil thing to do, weapons testing on a civilian center while in peace negotiations...
>>
File: japan_tsunami.jpg (329 KB, 1293x867) Image search: [Google]
japan_tsunami.jpg
329 KB, 1293x867
I did a report on the bombings in high school and remembered reading some obscure passage by a Japanese officer saying something like "a new and cruel bomb but if we'd had the technology we would not have hesitated to use it"

But that's just a paraphrase, and probably originally a bad translation as well.

pic mostly unrelated
>>
File: img552cc29409d58.jpg (576 KB, 1200x1607) Image search: [Google]
img552cc29409d58.jpg
576 KB, 1200x1607
>>44095296
Not a genocide ass if we were going to wipe them out we would have. It was a justified act of war that ended a war. Frankly I can think of a few places we should commit a genocide these days.
>>
File: Marklar.jpg (10 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
Marklar.jpg
10 KB, 225x224
Genocide, these Genocidess want to change your genocide. They don't want this genocide or any of his genocides to live here, because its bad for their Genocide. They use Genocide to try and force genocides to believe their Genocide. If you let them stay here they will build Genocides and Genocides. They will take all your Genocides and replace them with Genocides. These Genocides have no good genocide to live on Genocide, so they must come here to Genocide. Please, let these Genocides stay where they can grow and prosper without any Genocides, Genocides or Genocides!
>>
>>44095527
The bomb was simply used an part of the bombing campaign. Truman was not thinking of the soviets...

http://books.google.com/books/about/Prompt_and_Utter_Destruction.html?id=oaRa1KGTYoUC
>>
>>44095514
Article II of the Convention defines genocide as:

...any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

It is not however a 'crime against humanity' because it was not systemic.
>>
>>44095296
>166,000 dead Jap civies > an estimated 500,000 or more US soldiers
>>
>>44095296
Genocide is any attempt to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, racial, ethnic, or religious group. The US was not attempting to destroy the Japanese people but to defeat the government. The bombing of Dresden was not genocide for the same reason. This is generally the distinction between genocide and war.
>>
the japs should have surrendered. They made their bed.
>>
I agree with the fact that it shouldnt be considered genocide, reasons above, but good for me the project only requires roots and events and aftermath, which is essentially just a lot of death all about. ty
>>
File: Japan-Tsunami-Donations.jpg (106 KB, 545x366) Image search: [Google]
Japan-Tsunami-Donations.jpg
106 KB, 545x366
>what did you think caused it

Probably the Japanese attacking and not surrendering when told to.
>>
>>44095762
However, even Curtis LeMay thought he'd be tried for war crimes had the U.S. lost the war. Firebombing cities and all that...
>>
>>44095563
Literally no one is saying we didn't commit war crimes.
But nuking Japan wasn't one of them. Slants had it coming. What we did paled in comparison.
When you have crazy nips cutting the heads off pows for fun in the jungle, you stop giving a shit and just drop the bombs.
>>
>Japan refuses to surrender
>literally fly planes over the cities days in advance dropping pamphlets telling citizens to evacuate because we're going to blow it up
>their government tells them to ignore the warning because it's an American lie
>blow up the city
>they still refuse to surrender
>drop pamphlets on another city telling the citizens to evacuate because we're going to blow it up
>government tells them that the first bomb was a fluke and there's no way two cities can be blown up
>blow up the city
>Japan citizens realizes their government is full of retards who don't give a fuck about them and force the surrender
>>
>>44097159
Damn. Thanks for the fun fact anon.
>>
>>44095692
>The bomb was simply used an part of the bombing campaign. Truman was not thinking of the soviets...

The massive and rapid soviet invasion of manchuria was unexpected. The USA did want the USSR to attack japan to assist in the war but didn't realize how well the elite soviet forces would do against the weak japanese occupation forces. Truman wanted the surrender ASAP so postwar Japan would be a USA sphere of influence. He already knew China was lost to Stalin.
>>
>>44097159
Also, don't manufacture weapons of war in the middle of major cities if you don't want citizens to get involved.
>>
>>44097227
Hot diddle, this is such interesting information
>>
>>44095296
oh my god why you bomb me I am kawaii uguguguguguguguguuuuuu
>>
>>44097323
thats one of the cancers caused by the radiation effects, they still have it in cans in laboratories
>>
>>44097385
lol'd irl
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.