[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yeah, psychedelics being illegal really is a good thing. It&
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11
Yeah, psychedelics being illegal really is a good thing. It's obvious we shouldn't use compounds that broaden our understanding of the world around us and ourselves, and can help us become more happy and productive human beings. Fuck those degenerates that want that.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3909994/

>This article has argued that scientific research with psychedelic drugs can have a revitalizing effect on psychoanalysis and an informing influence on mainstream psychology and psychiatry.
>The unique scientific value of psychedelics rests in their capacity to make consciously accessible that which is latent in the mind.
>Indeed, psychedelics' greatest value may be as a remedy for ignorance of the unconscious mind.

http://www.amsciepub.com/doi/abs/10.2466/pr0.1966.19.1.211

Solutions obtained in the experiment include

>a new approach to the design of a vibratory microtome
>a commercial building design, accepted by the client
>space probe experiments devised to measure solar properties
>design of a linear electron accelerator beam-steering device
>engineering improvement to a magnetic tape recorder
>a chair design, modeled and accepted by the manufacturer
>a letterhead design, approved by the customer
>a mathematical theorem regarding NOR gate circuits
>completion of a furniture-line design
>a new conceptual model of a photon, which was found useful
>design of a private dwelling, approved by the client
>insights regarding how to use interferometry in medical diagnosis application sensing heat distribution in the human body

http://rsif.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/11/101/20140873.full.pdf+html

>The results show that the homological structure of the brain’s functional patterns undergoes a dramatic change post-psilocybin, characterized by the appearance of many transient structures of low stability and of a small number of persistent ones that are not observed in the case of placebo
>>
File: 1416044795651.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1416044795651.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>38903925
>that broaden our understanding of the world around us and ourselves, and can help us become more happy and productive human beings.
>>
That study is useless. We don't even have the dosages taken by the test subjects.

Worthless.
>>
File: weatherunderground_600x337.jpg (148 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
weatherunderground_600x337.jpg
148 KB, 600x337
Their research is restricted because redpilling en masse is dangerous

>>38904339
LSD has helped terminal patients comes to terms with mortality
http://www.medicaldaily.com/lsd-may-help-treat-anxiety-terminal-patients-are-psychedelics-benefits-worth-revisiting-270579
>>
>>38904599
>LSD has helped terminal patients comes to terms with mortality

Maybe that's because they're high as fuck.
If I was high as fuck, I probably wouldn't care that I was dying soon, just give me more acid.
>>
File: go to school.png (160 KB, 569x740) Image search: [Google]
go to school.png
160 KB, 569x740
>>38904446
You are useless, because you clearly can't read
>>
>>38905077

that guy clearlly has not opened his mind like us brother
>>
File: again, go to school.png (326 KB, 722x857) Image search: [Google]
again, go to school.png
326 KB, 722x857
>>38905029
Again, what is it with you idiots who can't read?
>>
>>38904599
The experiment being 8 full dose users and 4 placebos, in the presence if a psychiatrist. Doesn't explain how anxiety was measured. Seems like a rigorous study.
>>
>>38905077
>>38905169
Thank you for educating these illiterate faggots based anon!
>>
File: again, go to school, you too.png (195 KB, 758x896) Image search: [Google]
again, go to school, you too.png
195 KB, 758x896
>>38905297
It DOES explain
>>
>>38905401
I did not see that anywhere in the article >>38904599 linked. I did not check for reference material as I'm just bumming around during lunch but 12 patients is still an incredibly small pool.
>>
>>38905029
What, why the fuck are you calling it being "high". It's not alcohol or heroin. But yeah obviously you don't know what you are talking about, but you are still writing about it. Like almost everyone on /pol/. Time to leave this shitty board
>>
>>38905169
Where's their fucking control
They either gave 20ug or 200ug
>>
>First year university
>Stressing but maintaining roughly a 75 average
>Only smoke weed on occasion
>Friend asks if i want to do shrooms
>"sure why not"
>Trip the fuck out for 6 hours
>Get back to university
>3 days later
>No stress, no worries, pulling 80's easier than I was pulling 75's

I like it
>>
>>38905672
Their control is thousands of documented ineffective therapy methods without LSD.
>>
I'm pretty sure if you see a number as a color your brain is fucked. That's a "link" where there's not supposed to be a link. That means your mind is so messed up you think numbers are fucking colors. Enjoy your future as a hobo.
>>
>>38905803
And the thousands of effective therapy methods without LSD? What about those?
>>
>>38905858
>I'm pretty sure if you see a number as a color your brain is fucked

That phenomenon is the result of one simple effect: observing brainwaves.

The reason LSD has allowed scientists to win nobel prizes with discoveries about quantum mechanics and DNA is because it reduces the amount of filtering the brain does to present sensory information to you.

What you experience is that you realise that what you experience is NOT your senses, what you experience is your senses sending information to your brain, which your brain presents as a conscious experience through different brainwaves and action potentials.

Your sensual perception seems to blend together, is because you experience just HOW this sensory information is processed, and not the presentation you normally have, ultimately, what you experience as vision, hearing, smell, taste and touch are just different modes of one phenomenon: action potentials. They ARE linked.

Of course if you actually KNEW something relevant about psychedelics and psychology you wouldn't make such a fool out of yourself with your ignorant post.
>>
>>38905912
it takes years and generates teh munny. lsd or other psychedelics doesn't take years. the fastest way is dmt
>>
>>38905912
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1291326/

>Depression, anxiety, and delirium are common phenomena associated with terminal and irreversible illness. They tend to be underdiagnosed and undertreated in patients with terminal disease.
>>
File: FnFgoLs[1].jpg (134 KB, 778x1018) Image search: [Google]
FnFgoLs[1].jpg
134 KB, 778x1018
>Using Mauchly's Test of Sphericity with 12 subjects

What shitty statistician did this analysis?
>>
>>38905029
it's not actually a high, but I think they were referring to afterwords. Otherwise it would be useless
>>
>>38905747
It's a great brain enema.
>>
>>38906073
Nice source.

>>38906085
Greentexting a sentence that doesn't answer my question, nice.
>>
>>38906186
>They tend to be underdiagnosed and undertreated in patients with terminal disease.

>undertreated

Means that there aren't enough viable treatment methods.
>>
>>38906186
Trait Anxiety
>The mean difference varied only by 0.667 between these assessments, and no significant difference was found with p = 0.825 (two tailed).

State Anxiety
>The mean difference varied only by 1.00 between these assessments, and no significant difference was found with p = 0.531 (two tailed).

>NO SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE WAS FOUND
>>
Marijuana, LSD, DMT, and shrooms should be legal regardless of that stupid image. It's better that people use those than buy deadly research chemicals.
>>
>>38906272
Didn't mean to reply
>>
>>38906300
alex shulgin created and consumed all those and lived to his 80s.
unless you're talking about spice and new generation shit which you're correct about
>>
>For all 24 blinded sessions, all participants correctly guessed the dose of LSD that was administered, and both therapists guessed incorrectly in one active placebo session.

WHAT KIND OF PLACEBO IS IT WHERE THE PATIENTS CAN TELL IT'S A PLACEBO

NO FUCKING WONDER THEY'RE GOING TO BE MORE ANXIOUS
>>
ITT: people judge a drug they never took.
>>
>>38906416
>WHAT KIND OF PLACEBO IS IT WHERE THE PATIENTS CAN TELL IT'S A PLACEBO
probably one that obviously isn't LSD
>>
>>38906405
>unless you're talking about spice and new generation shit which you're correct about
That's what I meant. I know not all RCs are dangerous but it would be better to legalize the real thing.
>>
reading books is better
>>
>>38906405
Yes, he's referring to spice and that shit.

Shulgin was boss, the people responsible for the bath salt shit aren't.
>>
File: 1394598918125.png (54 KB, 749x434) Image search: [Google]
1394598918125.png
54 KB, 749x434
>>38903925

>http://www.amsciepub.com/doi/abs/10.2466/pr0.1966.19.1.211

>48 year old study
>Only 27 subjects
>Only 27 subjects that were then also split into 7 groups
>All were male subjects
>All subjects were hand-picked by the researchers who found that they were already "adequately motivated to discover, verify, and apply problem-solutions within his industrial or academic work capacity" before even taking the drugs in the study

>This study being statistically relevant in any way shape or format
>>
>>38906478
Read the study. Everyone got LSD. Everyone.
>>
>>38903925
fuck off with your soma shilling
>>
another retarded junkie
>>
Druggies getting BTFO
>>
OP, you need to make a thread about how Jews control the world or how Stanley Kubrick fake the moon landing. Or something about Africans being sub-human. Only time you'll get discourse on this shitty circle-jerk of a contrarian board. It's like all the fedora-tippers were banned from reddit and made this their home.
>>
>>38906098
>>38906557

These.
>>
>>38906098
>>38906557
>>38907356
So why should they be illegal if the positive affects aren't good enough for you to not post your ebin may-may pictures?
>>
>>38904339
>implying that isn't exactly what they do
But unlike OP, I see no reason to worry about strangers online and how much they understand. They don't deserve anything.
>>
>>38907416
degeneracy.
it makes you subhuman
*insert pol buzzwords here*

they have no honestly argument and are not afraid to show it
some factions of /pol/ irrationality toward drugs is gun-grabber tier
>>
File: hppd_en.jpg (39 KB, 486x314) Image search: [Google]
hppd_en.jpg
39 KB, 486x314
HPPD is real and some people still experience effects for the rest of their lives.

it just takes 1 hit and your life is fucked up forever.
>>
>>38907529
Yeah, they're called schizophrenics.
>>
>>38907416
>>38907526

Fine, I'll promise to stop posting images (on an image-board) if you promise to actually refute the points that >>38906098 and >>38906557 make, because from a statistical analysis perspective, they are quite valid points.

Lack of random sampling and an extremely small test subject pool (less than 30 typically, but 30 is no magic number either) both lead to a lack of credibility. This is universally accepted in the scientific community, so by the OP posting faulty studies while trying to disregard the actually level of validity of the studies, you are contradicting yourselves.
>>
>>38907742
but you support a proper study done with psychedelics?
that is essentially impossible while DEA scheduling is still a thing
>>
>>38907605
>dismissing permanent brain damage from hallucinogens as "schizophrenia"
>>
>>38907742
The thread was regarding their illegality. They're not dangerous substances and you still have not given a good reason as to why they are or why they should be illegal beyond the fact that you believe they didn't help contribute to a particular outcome.
>>
>>38908004
>DSM
>in charge of being credible
>>
File: psylocibin_mdma.png (836 KB, 1000x1190) Image search: [Google]
psylocibin_mdma.png
836 KB, 1000x1190
>>38903925
Read also some of the author's MDMA research : http://community.frontiersin.org/people/u/41802
>>
>>38907529
Psychedelics aren't for people who have current or underlying mental conditions. It's also not a good idea to take them with emotional baggage. This is why people can have bad trips which trigger mental health issues.
>>
>>38907819

>but you support a proper study done with psychedelics?

Yes of course, more knowledge is always better when actually gathered correctly.

>that is essentially impossible while DEA scheduling is still a thing

Not necessarily with enough governmental permission. I mean hell, meth is legally made by a company based out of Illinois with approval in treatment of extreme obesity and ADHD, so with respect to scheduling exemptions, anything can happen.

But I agree that permissions to conduct drug studies should be more lenient in general.

>>38908018

>The thread was regarding their illegality
>still have not given a good reason as to why they are or why they should be illegal beyond the fact that you believe they didn't help contribute to a particular outcome.

If you read my post (>>38906557
), I never actually took a side in the issue. All I said was that OP cited a very shitty study to back his argument.

I'm actually a lolbertarian so I agree with OP, but for different reasons, because it really irritates me when someone uses such a shitty study to try to use as evidence to prove their point.
>>
/pol/ btfo again

when will you retards learn?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.