[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Logic behind origami
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1455774621889.png (167 KB, 894x598) Image search: [Google]
1455774621889.png
167 KB, 894x598
I always wondered how people got to make the patterns and stuff on paper before folding. Like what's the logic behind it? Is it a shit ton of careful planning? Is it a bunch of trial and error? Is it common sense for someone who has a lot of experience with it?
>>
>>536809
Intuition
>>
Survival. Some people will do anything for money, including folding paper. With the nature of competitive markets, different firms needed to outdue each other.

There's small beauty to be found in folding paper to make ends meet.
>>
>>536950
Thats not what he asked @ all m8
>>
>>536809
you fold the origami, you draw on the patterns you want.

You unfold the origami, and copy that pattern on to other paper.
>>
There are several ways of approaching it, but they pretty much boil down to finding a basic shape that's in the ballpark of what you want to make, and adding details to finish it.

There are a bunch of ways to get at these basic shapes. Trial and error with traditional folds is one way, but there are methods to actually geometrically calculate fold patterns to intentionally produce specific bases as needed.

If you're really interested in following this rabbit hole, look up Origami Design Secrets by Robert Lang.
>>
>>536809
Read ODS by Lang
>>
>>536950
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
FOLDING PAPER MAKES MONEY
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.