[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /po/ not sure if this is the right board to be posting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: design2.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1386) Image search: [Google]
design2.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1386
Hey /po/

not sure if this is the right board to be posting in, so my bad if it is.

I want to print some designs onto plastic acetate/transparency sheets.

What am I looking for in the spec of my printer to see if it is capable of this?

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product/Specifications.do?sku=C11CC33201

Thanks
>>
Probably not, inkjet printers usually don't work fine with regular plastics because the ink doesn't dry well, to print in regular acetates use laser printers or copy machines (the type that use toner).

There are special transparencies for inkjet printer they are called Inkjet Films or something like that, just follow the instructions and you will be fine.
>>
>>536592
thanks for the info anon, you reckon these Inkjet Films would be okay to expose a silk screen? I guess anything black would be fine - as long as it stops the light
>>
>>536617
Probably, but you will need to make some testing with the settings of your printer to obtain the best results, better intensity and definition is obtained when you use the settings for premium paper.
>>
not sure of this would work with printer ink but i've used sharpies to color in bits of plastic then put them infront of a heater and that seems to keep the marker from rubbing off
>>
>>536580
Yeah so don't use any transparency film in a laser printer unless you want it to melt and break the printer as well. Anyways my class uses Pictorico transparency film and that holds inks well, we use it to expose cyanotypes and even large contact prints in the darkroom. There should be no reason why it wouldn't work for exposing emulsion on a silkscreen as that is the same papaer I THINK I used last printmaking class I had.
>>
I'm actually working with this same issue. There's a product called inkAid that supposedly let's you I kjet print on plastics.however ID like to find a more diy solution rather than having to order something.anyone every coat plastics for print?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.