[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gliding plane thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: 20151207_180646.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151207_180646.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Planes I can make from printer/leaf paper that actually glide and fly. I can never successfully make a good plane.
>>
>>534748

If you want to make planes. You need perfection.

You either go foldable paper planes, or go big with constructing actual planes.

But if you construct it out of paper, you better be fucking precies. Any imperfections would make the craft spiral out of controll and hit the ground.
>>
You can make very capable gliders out of regular a4.

Look up white wings and similar designs. Following the same fashion worka with a4. Something like glue sticks give second rate results, but superglue is preferable.

One can even make tight, thin cone fuselages using super glue that are quite strong.

Wings are of folded and glued spar inside a folded skin.

Go for very low aspect ratios if you want to fly indoors as this lessens gust response.

Try to be precise but minor imperfections are no issue as they can easily be trimmed out.
>>
>>535278

I should also add that it is very easy to make a fuselage of triangular cross section with a4 paper, and one that can be both glued or taped.

This ends up being very lightweight, simple but also strong. Also very easy to attach v tails to such a fuselage, and have the horizontal side mated to the wing. Pinch the nose in to make it more aerodynamically clean.
>>
File: IMG_20160120_245051582.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160120_245051582.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
Here is a triangle cross section fuselage airplane I whipped up.

I didn't use any sort of plans, just eyrballed things - so its not as perfect as it could be.

I used note cards, a gluestick and superglue with a bit of tape to hold on a pen cap for weight
>>
File: IMG_20160210_151919795.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160210_151919795.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
A few I've made this past week based off real designs

Front to back, right to left;

Bv 141
F4D
F5D
North American Na-335
>>
File: 1446915637824s.jpg (3 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1446915637824s.jpg
3 KB, 125x124
>>536425
>bv 141
>>
>>534748
what about the traditional one? those always fly excellently, even if you're shit at folding like me

I don't remember what it's called but it's really standard, you fold the corners down and then fold the whole thing in half and fold the corners down again
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.