[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
complete noob here, this is my first papercraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2048x2046) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2048x2046
idk what to say, it's kinda ugly but I'm happy that I managed to build it
>>
Also, I only have a black and white laserjet printer to work with (so pretty much the opposite of what I want), do you think I could work with colored pencils?
>>
>>534298
Good Job Anon
you have a pdf of it?
I take anything I want to put together to a UPS store and have them print it out in color laser on their cardstock, pretty cheap if its just a page or two and looks really good.
>>
>>534307

Thanks. The PDF can be found here

Cockpit: https://starwarspapercraft.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/cockpit.pdf

Side (print 4 times): https://starwarspapercraft.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/side-c3974.pdf

Stand: https://starwarspapercraft.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/stand.pdf
>>
>>534299
Many photo printing places will let you print color pages for a small fee, might be worth a shot searching
>>
>>534298
looks great anon. Most of the issues that I see are more a design issue for that model.

that being said, it would make a great proxy for scaled up X wing
>>
>>534298
Thats complete shit
>>
>>534740
>complete shit
just like the new movie.
>>
>>534740
Although I'd agree it's not that great, I wouldn't say it's complete shit.
>>
>>535135

Yeah for a noob it's a decent effort.
>>
>>534299
Nice work and yes, pencils have a good effect on cardstock, copypaper too. I prefer laser, and a lot of the models I have saved are blank. Especially the wh40k.
>>
>>534740
ignore that guy
>>
It sounds as though you already know that you won't get that bad cracking of the black "window" if you use an ink jet printer.
>>
three things, edging (I use a dark grey felt tipped marker, but a sharpie or otherwise would do) to color the edges of the cut paper, scoring (I use a roundly blunted nail in an old pen casing) to indent the line that need to be folded. this aids in straight (use a straight edge if needed) crisp fold lines. low moisture glue such as elmer's, or aileen's tacky glue (this along with judicious application help to prevent warping, particularly in large flat pieces such as the side panels). your first effort is not bad at all. this model was also one of my first builds. that was years ago. just like every thing in life, proficiency takes repetitive execution, and simply giving a fuck about what you're doing.
>>
>>537191
nicely said.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.