[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So well guy's, this is the first time i post here, i want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1744369.jpg (6 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
1744369.jpg
6 KB, 250x201
So well guy's, this is the first time i post here, i want to become good at origami (i dont know nuffin about it) any good advice for a begginer???
>>
anyone???
>>
>>534074
>>534075
Sure, OP. Get a solid beginner's book and learn the basics of folding really well. I started with a book called "The Joy of Origami". It teaches some of the more common, classic pieces. You don't need anything special, either. For now, copy paper is just fine and it'll teach you how challenging making a square paper is.
It also depends on what kind of stuff you want to fold. I like flowers more than animals, for example. One of my favorites is Lafosse's Cattleya Orchid.
>>
>>534074
>>534076
Thanks anon, im following also

(not op)
>>
>>534076
Basically this. Practice always helps.

Beginning folds are the most important. Make sure that they are correct and precise on the beginning folds. When you get to the end product, its easier and looks better due to the crisp folds and even corners.
>>
>>534076
>Lafosse's Cattleya Orchid.
looks like a vag dude
>>
Here you have
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSijU52XJ7w
>>
>>534074
check out some of robert lafasse's work and diaframs hes a good beginners guide and theres also jeremy schafers books who makes fun and unique origami.
>>
>>534074
my favorite is norio torimoto who created the friendship dove. now my favorite origami
>>
File: cactus.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
cactus.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
Try and get some good paper.
A4 printer sheets are good for starters, though it gets tedious having to cut them into squares.
For modular origami (best for beginners) you should find post-it cubes, BUT MAKE SURE THEY ARE PERFECT SQUARES.
I even go as far as to go shopping with a piece of good paper for comparison.
For harder or bigger models, use packing paper, it's thin, dirt cheap and has great fold memory.

Learn the symbols, what each type of arrow means, saves you a lot of time later. Practice the more complex folds - rabbits ear, sink fold etc.

Start actually folding with some basic models:
a boat, a bird, a penguin.(yes i know penguins are birds, thank you 4chan)
A BETTER alternative imho is modular origami. Sonobe modules (the most basic ones) can yeld great results
and folding 6->12->30->120 of them will be a great training session of the most basic skills required for origami: patience and precision.

Whatever you fold, try to make it something you like.
It really gives you motivation to see something cool made by your own hands.

Later you can go to more complex models/modules.
Try doing a Venus Kusudama, It makes a great decoration, pic related.
Look for the hardest models you are capable of folding with a diagram. When you succeed, you will have improved.

Try to look for reasons to push yourself further and further, look for models that can become your goals, milestones.
Origami impresses people greatly, use that fact. You'll improve very fast if you have a special someone to make gifts for.
Google Magic Rose Cube, Kusudama Versailles, Kawasaki Rose. Nice gifts, though the modular ones are very time-consuming.
>>
This is s good book for learning, but definitely start from the beginning. http://origami-art.us/images/origami-book/genuine-origami/Genuine_Origami_-_Jun_Maekawa.pdf
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.