[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im new to papercraft, I want to be able to make these cool looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Question_mark_(black_on_white).png (43 KB, 749x946) Image search: [Google]
Question_mark_(black_on_white).png
43 KB, 749x946
Im new to papercraft, I want to be able to make these cool looking 3D objects using the printable templates but dont know where to start. I have a Exacto Knife, glue paper, a good printer. I just want to know where to start along with any tips.
>>
>>533049
Biggest one I can think of really is just take your time and be neat about it.

Use a ruler when you cut the straight edges with the exacto until you get comfortable without it. Once you get the hand of the motion of just pulling straight back and letting the blade do the work it becomes much quicker.

Also I recommend Aleene's Fast Grab tacky glue. Let it set for a second before you stick the parts together and it does stick pretty well. Cheap too.

Also do NOT use a lot of glue. Only a light coating, if you get too much its just going to make a huge mess.

Running something dull over the creases before you fold them also helps to make everything symmetrical and neat. Such as a bone folder, or a mechanical pencil tip (no lead of course).

Hope this helps some, if I think of more I'll let you know. Good luck anon.
>>
>>533054
Thank you anon, anything helps
>>
>>533049
cut
fold
glue
>it looks like shit
try again, try harder
>>
>>533049
For papercraft stuff with flaps and glue, use stronger paper than copy paper. 120-160gsm at the very least, 200+ gsm is better (depending on the scale of course, cutting small details from thick cardboard isn't very fun either). It can be pretty frustrating when you invest hours and your model comes out floppy, or tears apart when you apply pressure to the creases/tabs.
>>
>>533061
Where is a good store i can get thick paper that i can print on?
>>
>>533106
Better question is, what's the thickest paper your printer will take? Try out with single sheets first before you waste money.

To get good cheap cardstock I recommend asking local businesses which use a lot of paper anyways (copy shops, printing houses) for leftovers or slightly damaged batches, that way I got tons of high quality paper for free.
>>
What blades can an xacto knife hold? I want some replacement blades but also want cheap.
>>
Use cannon creative park
Look it up
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.