[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mda/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 13
File: MDA Splash.png (43 KB, 500x194) Image search: [Google]
MDA Splash.png
43 KB, 500x194
Over due for a MDA thread, i mean it IS the slowest thread on the slowest board.

all the pdfs are compiled on this forum
> unofficialmdadev.forumotion.com
>>
File: Layout (5).jpg (437 KB, 1600x1563) Image search: [Google]
Layout (5).jpg
437 KB, 1600x1563
>>
File: rightxd.jpg (32 KB, 685x700) Image search: [Google]
rightxd.jpg
32 KB, 685x700
>>
Yeah the old one died so I like this :) sadly I haven't been active on the forum for a while. maybe I should head over there and start developing again :)
>>
fug, i started getting on this board like a week ago. What's MDA? if Layout (5).jpg is part of it, i wanna join
>>
>>532333
MDA = Mini Dungeon Adventures. I'm seeing you all over /po/. I used to lurk so much and started posting some stuff recently too, but won't get a UserName.
>>
>>532211
FU, I just looked up Right xD on Google... with headphones on, haha.
>>
>>532204
>i mean it IS the slowest thread on the slowest board.

I wanna up some today in the forum...
>>
>>532348
I like this board...
>>
>>532211
what the fuck why
>>
>>532331

Lately ive just been playtesting.

Even though there is a forum for the slowest thread on the slowest board, its a good resource that MDA needs.

just finished making the vampire set, i think the boss for the vampire set looks wayyy more fun than the defult.
>>
File: IMGA0474.jpg (128 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMGA0474.jpg
128 KB, 800x600
This is mine
>>
File: MDA2016.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
MDA2016.pdf
1 B, 486x500
So I'm going to need some help with coming up with some new relics as well as monsters for new quests.
-There is a quest about pirates.
-There is a quest where you are trying to rescue a noble dragon from an evil princess.
-There is a quest where you are reclaiming a dwarven mine from a band of goblins.
Each quest will have four small monsters, two large monsters, a mini-boss and a dungeon boss unique to it. The quests are going together sort of like those Choose Your Own Adventure books where the players can change the outcome depending on their actions and some random chance involved. For instance, in the Castle of Count Vludd quest, there is a room where a Flesh Golem is chained to a table in a laboratory. You can choose to kill him for lots of experience, or you can free him. If you free him, he kool-aid mans through a wall in the dungeon-boss room and starts fighting with the heroes, but the heroes will have no idea what is going on until it does, thinking they might have lost out on the XP for nothing.
>>
File: minidungeontiles.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
minidungeontiles.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>533248
Here are some of the predominant changes I've made tot he game.
-There is no longer a need for a 3d dungeon. You can still use it for custom quests, but the game now uses open tiles and terrain (Which will be added later) that are placed to represent different areas of each quest.
-Your characters can now level up during a quest to get new abilities.
-There is a cleric class.
-All monsters and animal companions now have stat cards to keep track of wounds and speed.
-The rules have been streamlines to 2 pages with an extra page explaining abilities.
>>
>>533248
>>533249
*o*
>>
>>533249
recently i started making the models every time i have a few minutes of free time, I decided to alter it a bit as to make each tile only fit one model for a more D&D gameplay and also, it seems the site doesn't work, will you be posting any further development on your tumblr?
>>
>>532204
ok, I'm new to /po

How hard is this shit? Because I might just get into it for this DND stuff.
>>
>>533619
Holy crap, the pins in the pieces is brilliant. 10/10 anon
>>
>>533627
Yeah, it is pretty clever. I might do this when I get a game running. I'm just wondering how does one get the pins through and stuck in?
>>
>>533632
Wood glue would be what I'd use (not OP) just make it wet of glue prick it in and wait for it to dry.
>>
I'm this guy >>533619
>>533625 I'd suggest this if you're new to DND stuff too as it works like a normal board game (not many rules to remember or confusing mechanics), it's really quite fun.

>>533627 I actually got the idea from a picture off google, didn't use glue or anything, they stayed on from just going through the head and base of the models
>>
Cool. Just made some skeles.

Going to work on the rest of it soon.

I like game board you did here. >>532205
Also, I'm shit at graphic editing anything. Which program should I use?
>>
>>534997

Edit: inkscape isn't difficult too much.

I joined the body of the ogres and demons along the waist in the back. I had a hard time joining the two pieces before but that seemed to work for me.
>>
File: tmplae10.png (7 KB, 523x480) Image search: [Google]
tmplae10.png
7 KB, 523x480
Bump.
>>
Anyone have a mega or something that I can just get like EVERYTHING all in one big file?
>>
File: mini-dungeon-adventures.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
mini-dungeon-adventures.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>535031

Not too sure what you mean. There isn't a lot to this game.

>>533249
I'm totally still going to use the 3D dungeon.
>There is a quest about pirates.
Dude, mermaids and kraken. I think an octopus looking helm might be neat too.
A mermaid template would be cool.

>The Lord contracted Privateers to recover an artifact.
>They managed to track down and almost capture the other ship.
>Both ships crashed onto the rocks.
>The party has to explore a large ship crash among rocks and a small beach.
I like that.

I also like
>If you free him, he kool-aid mans through a wall
I wouldn't mind a captured siren chained to a deck constantly running a debuff after you enter that area, but gives you an item if you free her or helps for a room or two if you already have the item.

All in all I've been having fun. Keep it up man.
>>
File: 20151227_083013-1.jpg (546 KB, 2038x2453) Image search: [Google]
20151227_083013-1.jpg
546 KB, 2038x2453
Bumping for a cleaner merfolk deal if anyone feels like making one. I freehanded that one and the kids like it.

Also, printing from different programs gave me different sizes. Does anyone know why?
>>
>>535031
The resource thread on the fourm have some assorted archives that have like EVERY THING
>>
wow
>>
>>535141
Guests can now click on the hyperlinks on the forum, so its ll there for every one.
>>
File: 1451526967323-1590754026.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
1451526967323-1590754026.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
Waiting on a color printer to make the rest of this room, but this is the progress so far.

I can post the platform if anyone is interested.
>>
File: WP_20151230_001.jpg (396 KB, 1632x916) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151230_001.jpg
396 KB, 1632x916
i`ve been editing it a bit and made the walls and things like this so it`s a bit more modular
>>
File: platform1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
platform1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>535160

I like that. I think I will follow the same path as my container box is only 10x10 squares. I was already thinking of burying my tabs under floor tiles like that and making them modular makes even more sense.

Thanks.
>>
>>535160
>>535159
Looking good anon
>>
>>535164

Anons, luv.
>>
Gem Stones - A small loot based add-on

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3ktpgun7hqaxt9/gem.pdf?dl=0
>>
>>533249
>>533248
Love your work, although the 3D maps are something i would really like to see continued!!
>>
>>532204
Call me an idiot, but I can't find any pdfs on the forum in the link.
>>
>>535334

http://unofficialmdadev.forumotion.com/t3-resource-thread-official-game-parts-templates-also-found-here-check-for-updates

>call me an idiot...
o-ok.
>...I can't find pdfs on the forum in the link.
They are in the sticky in the General MDA thread.
>>
>>535354
There aren't many templates, are there? I was hoping for some human adventurers.
>>
>>535380
http://unofficialmdadev.forumotion.com/f1-add-ons-and-mods

all the threads in the add-on category will ravish you envy for human adventures, look into the treads by hadek for example.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.