[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need this unit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: Dodecaedro em Contorno.jpg (77 KB, 448x336) Image search: [Google]
Dodecaedro em Contorno.jpg
77 KB, 448x336
What unit is being used here? It's not the same unit used in Five intersecting Tetrahedra, but it looks similar. It's from the book Mathematical Origami by David Mitchell, but I can't find the book anywhere online to download.
>>
>>532062
I think the unit doesn't have a name, neither the book nor his website mentions one.
>>
>>532064
Now if in return some spanish speaking anon would be so kind to translate the instructions, that would be nice.
>>
File: kereszteny-unnep1-10-symbols.jpg (318 KB, 800x1323) Image search: [Google]
kereszteny-unnep1-10-symbols.jpg
318 KB, 800x1323
>>532065

I suppose you also need text besides each picture to build your lego set?

Almost every origami book has a page of two with the obvious symbols that enables you to use the international visual language of origami symbols so that you still can follow any book of any language, even if it says 怠惰な雌犬のあなたの息子、あなたをファック。
>>
>>532065
Is portuguese no spanish, how can you confuse them, It's like confuse English with German.
>>
File: Dodecaedro translated.png (1 MB, 2230x3260) Image search: [Google]
Dodecaedro translated.png
1 MB, 2230x3260
Hope it's understandable.
Have fun, I'll have a go at it too one day.
>>
>>532070
I don't need it at all, I thought it would be nice to be able to replace the captions with English for future reference.

>>532071
I don't speak either language. Never learned Portuguese at all and just a few months worth of Spanish. But I can actually read and understand like half of the text on the template, so I assumed it's Spanish. Guess my Latin skills helped me.
>>
>>532074
Awesome, thank you anon!
>>
>>532075
Well, Portuguese, Spanish and English are all European languages, very similar in many aspects, just a small comparison:

Escolha dois modulos para utilizar como modelos. (Portuguese)
Escoja dos modulos para usar como modelos. (Spanish)
Choisissez deux modules a utiliser comme modeles. (French)
Choose two modules to use as models. (English)
Wählen zwei module als verwenden modelle. (German)

My German is very bad so I'm not sure about the correct translation. English has the same roots than German but it was heavily influenced by French.
>>
>>532089
Yeah, but your example shows that German (in terms of vocabulary) is pretty different from English. While the sentence in Portuguese and Spanish is almost identical, give or take a few letters.
>>
Ugh, this one is a pain to assemble without crumbling the long edges.
>>
File: lampbroke.jpg (2 MB, 4089x3197) Image search: [Google]
lampbroke.jpg
2 MB, 4089x3197
>>532077
You're welcome. I actually did it and i'm using it to replace my ceiling lamp shade that broke when we moved some furniture,

not sure how to fill the dodecahedron faces yet...maybe just glue diferent colored but see trough paper?
>>
>>532254
use some nicely colored tissue paper or lighting gels if you wanna get some cool colors
>>
>>532074
Attempted this, but neither A4 (17:22) nor A5 (11:17) proportions got step 3-4 as diagrammed. Any recommendations? I ended up doing a different dodecahedronal model in the meantime.
>>
>>532313
A4 (or smaller, A5, A6, A7, ...) is correct. The tips in 3-4 don't meet at the exact same point (almost, though), it's more important that you meet the middle line.
>>
>>532316
Alright, thanks! I'll keep that in mind. I just noticed after putting three modules together that the angles they formed looked a lot sharper than they should have.
>>
File: meh.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>532280
There is just one thing I don't like about it:

It blocks too much light so the room is kind of dark, but the colored light is cool
>>
>>532428
Use thinner paper
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK