[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Papercrafts (Advanced models)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: tiein+xwing.png (2 MB, 1000x1018) Image search: [Google]
tiein+xwing.png
2 MB, 1000x1018
So this Japanese guy uhu02 created a few models. Thing is, he's got a bad habit of pulling off the downloads after a while. However, with a simple Google search I found he didn't pull the files, just deleted the download link, and now I'm sharing this with you.

A few things to keep in mind:
- The instructions are in Japanese. There are pics, but some are blurry. I guess this just adds insult to injury on an already complicated model.
- I haven't made these myself (I plan on it) so don't expect help from me.
- The X-Wing is quite the advanced model. The TIE-In, not so much, I think. Proceed with caution.

Would be great if you'd tell me what to use for these models, by the way. I got all-purpose liquid glue, not wood/paper glue, but I end up high as a kite when I use it. Works fine, but gets everywhere and it's fucking messy. No cutting mat, el-cheapo cutter, and old as hell scissors complete my gear. I'm a scrub, deal with it.

Instructions for the X-Wing: http://uhu02.way-nifty.com/die_eule_der_minerva/038.html "How to make"

Instructions for the TIE-In: http://uhu02.way-nifty.com/die_eule_der_minerva/036.html "How to make" Just click on the numbers, or navigate from 01 and on.

The website is quite cool: it has a LEM from the Apollo XI mission, very detailed, for example, as well as other Sci-Fi stuff.
>>
I'm an idiot and I forgot to upload the models. Coming soon, though - as long as it takes to upload.
>>
http://www.mediafire.com/view/zur77ful6pgs8ak/xwing.pdf For the X-Wing
http://www.mediafire.com/view/4dpmg8qaia0bk2h/tiein.pdf For the TIE-Interceptor
>>
>>532024

You know it's just passworded on his, right?

And it's not hard to get the password?

You shouldn't spoonfeed people if they can't find something so simple
>>
>>532025
why are mirrors without passwords somehow a bad thing?
>>
>>532025
No. No I don't. I saw something cool, fitting with this board, and shared it. It's just two models. There are many more.

Tell me more about this password protection and how easy it is to get the password, because it said "download removed" and not "password required".
>>
>>532029
on the side, there's a button labeled "書庫 library"

Normally you get it by doing some scavenger hunt thing on uhu02's sites, but I don't remember exactly how, and the password and id has been posted on /po/ before (hint)

Just a slight tradeoff for being free.

If people still can't find it after this, I don't think they have the patience to do the models...
>>
>>532037
Well, you know, I find it much easier and quick to Google "uhu02 xwing filetype:pdf" and then modify the page number. Not like it matters much, if the result is the same.
>>
>>532037
>If people still can't find it after this, I don't think they have the patience to do the models...

Maybe people have more patience to make a papercraft than they have to make research of a pasword on an archive of an obscure sub of an image board. Maybe people want to dedicate time and effort to paper craft and not to tedious web search because they actually like papercraft and not web research ?
>>
>>532068
It's literally a two second Google search
>>
>>532072
Pretty much my point
>>
Has he changed the password? I entered the one I found on zealot and it didn't work. Haven't been able to find any password newer than 2010.
>>
>>532216
I remember some zealot forum member said the author change his password time to time so effort is really invested in his art of resolute. Still looking for it as well but to no avail.
>>
File: 32321.jpg (11 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
32321.jpg
11 KB, 320x180
Does Anyone has any other than cardboard related jets or plane from kartonowy or Modelik but similar to Tacome1942?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist
list=PL27ZQ6i83k67XfSAEgxehQ3E8mnIx-V9i

this guy is a total beast. his Skills of paper art is unbelievable on even the miniature and small scale works.
>>
>>532020
I've never done anything like this.
If I take the time, do you people think I could manage to do it right ?

>inb4 not retarded
>>
>>532538
This model are Medium to hard difficulty but if you are persistent you can do it.
>>
>>532557
Medium to hard relative to what exactly?
>>
>>532020
does anyone know what's supposed to be used for the clear parts? Or what the glossy material is on the black parts?
>>
File: 331540686_821.jpg (57 KB, 567x656) Image search: [Google]
331540686_821.jpg
57 KB, 567x656
>>532651
If you want glossy surface, you can try using photo paper.
For the canopy, I used the clear plastic boxes like the one in the pic when I made the x-wing a long time ago. You can do the same thing on the black parts and canopy on tie too
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.