[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is the job market for photography? Thinking about going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
How is the job market for photography? Thinking about going to school for photography, but after I finish will there be any jobs left?
>>
>>2870401
We clearly have too less photographs and photographers. It seems like - especially in the 1st world - nobody wants to this job anymore. So, it gets outsourced to people who really need the money and are still willing to do it. We can be happy about everyone who gets into photography nowadays and has a professional approach towards it, instead of just doing it for the money. There is a lack of interest but tho it is much needed ... oh wait, I meant geriatric care, not photography ... doh, I always mix them up .. sry.
>>
>>2870401
Don't go to school for art.
>>
>>2870571
seconded
OP, if you're under 28, you might consider enlisting into the Air Force as Air Force Aerial combat photographer. It's one of the very few enlisted jobs with the opportunity to fly in some amazing aircraft that are off limits to everyone except pilots and crew. pic related
>>
>>2870667
Fuck. Now I want to join the Air Force. I need to git gud.
>>
File: aa110[1].jpg (702 KB, 1000x609) Image search: [Google]
aa110[1].jpg
702 KB, 1000x609
>>2870683
I'm too old but if I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't hesitate to join the USAF. Your Uncle Sam has the most amazing camera gear and he'll pay you while you learn how to use it. Travel all over the world photographing the most amazing settings and the most interesting people. And it's the ideal leap stone if you want a career path in photojournalism. If you're really interested and want to know more, I found several organizations for combat photographers and photojournalists, including some promising looking forums. Good luck.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 20D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Elements 12.0 Macintosh
Photographerunknown
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.6
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3504
Image Height2336
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2014:08:10 10:01:30
Exposure Time1/800 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias1/3 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length28.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height609
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2870690
until your plane gets shot down over Syria and your decapitated body ends up on a gore thread on /b/
>>
>>2870693
Eh, I still have this invincible "won't happen to me" feeling and I'm not really afraid to die anyway. I'd prefer not dying, but the possibility of death won't be enough to scare me away from doing something that interests me.
>>
>>2870693
In the USA, you're much more likely to be shot and killed by the black and hispanic gangs who have transformed most American cities into warzones.
related: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Chicago-Violence-Shootings-Weekend-Summer-Homicide-Police-384443651.html
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.