[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drone Footage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: DRONE 1 (0-00-51-00).jpg (3 MB, 4096x1716) Image search: [Google]
DRONE 1 (0-00-51-00).jpg
3 MB, 4096x1716
How do you colour correct your drone footage, i just cant get this to look good. Thanks /p/
>>
>>2869793

what do you mean good. give examples.
>>
File: DRONE 8 (0-00-01-21).jpg (4 MB, 4096x1716) Image search: [Google]
DRONE 8 (0-00-01-21).jpg
4 MB, 4096x1716
>>2869801
Here's an example of a shot moments later, all I've done it tweak the contrast a little.
>>
OP:
I'm new to this if you can't tell, image 1 looks as if it's been heavily stylized (despite it being straight off the SD card). I'd like it to look more balanced, and coloured similar to the second image. Has the sun ruined this shot, or can it be salvaged? I'm editing in After Effects (as this is for a video project), any advice would be welcome.. in future I'll turn down the saturation and contrast in the drone settings. I'm shooting with a DJI Phantom 3 4K.
>>
>>2869818
>im editting in after effects
Kek
>>
File: Screenshot_20160620-212446.jpg (440 KB, 1129x1047) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160620-212446.jpg
440 KB, 1129x1047
>>2869854
What would you edit video in, Sony Vegas?
>>
>>2869882
premiere pro
>>
>>2869883
>he doesn't use both
K den
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-29-13-27-48.png (828 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-29-13-27-48.png
828 KB, 1920x1080
This?
>>
>>2869818
>pic 1: facing west directly into the sunset. All the buildings are in the shadows.
>pic 2: faceing east, no glare, sun is setting behind you, all of the buildings are lit up with beautiful golden light from Magic Hour AKA Golden Hour.
Don't have to be a fucking rocket scientist to figure this out.
PRO TIP: download the free app Photographer's Tools (android) or whatever the comparable tool is for IOS. It will give you the time of day for golden hours and blue hours so you can plan your shots around the lighting.
Remember, if the sun sets in the west, and you need to get footage facing west, then you should be shooting at sunrise, not sunset, Pablo.
MAGA
>>
>>2873142
shoot earlier in the day when you don't have shadow on top of everything, Sherlock
>>
>>2869793
Out of curiosity what lens are you using?
>>
Use a more neutral shooting profile next time. Follow anon's advice on choosing proper time for filming.

I never used AE for colour correction and grading; you could try recovering shadow detail in DaVinci Resolve using log wheels and lift adjustments; then add some local contrast with luma qualifiers in parallel nodes. Use a gradient mask if you fuck up the sky doing all this.

Not sure how much you could recover from this footage, though. And don't forget that the free version of Resolve won't let you use 4K footage, so if your final output is supposed to be 4K then sorry, man.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.