[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Printed vs digital viewing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
Ok guys, I'm still a little new to the physical side and getting prints done, but since most people don't have calibrated monitors, stuff that you edit to be printed, do you have a second edit that you use for digital viewing? Or do you not really care as much how it is going to look on non calibrated stuff like phones/laptops/pc's etc for instagram, websites, etc.? And when a client is viewing something digitally that they want printed, how can you ensure they are getting what they see? Or do you think they won't notice a difference? Because sometimes, the difference can be quite a bit. Thanks for the input. [:
>>
take it to a good printer, and give them the color space.
>>
calibrate your monitor and work in sRGB space; you'll be fine in most cases

for calibration it has to adjusted to a SPECIFIC printer, so when you change to CMYK that profile needs to tuned to that printer

if you don't know how to do that >>2869779
is right, they can usually read the metadata and it'll be wysiwyg
>>
You never finish a shoot properly until you see the photos in print. It is just so much different.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.