[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I become a fashion photographer with no social skills?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_kv64g0Q7Cy1qzfye6o1_1280.jpg (293 KB, 1279x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_kv64g0Q7Cy1qzfye6o1_1280.jpg
293 KB, 1279x1280
How do I become a fashion photographer with no social skills?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelFinePix S5Pro
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)90 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2287
Image Height2288
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionUnknown
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2009:04:06 20:34:40
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/11.0
Brightness4.3 EV
Exposure Bias0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length60.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width2774
Image Height2776
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2869663
You don't.
>>
ez way is just play popular music and get them into the mood

understand the campaign (or art director) vision and ensure that there's a concise vision - be confident

you dont have to verbally blow them or always seem interested in THEM; you just need to be in the mindset that you know what youre doing
>>
>>2869666
But how do you even become one in the first place without the social skills to network?
>>
>>2869663
Work your way up to it. Start with portrait photography doing headshots and just learn everything there is to learn about headshots.
Spend all of your free time learning who the top headshot photographers are in NYC, LA, Miami, and so on.
Reverse engineer their techniques. Buy their tutorials or torrent if you're a poorfag. Watch everything you can on youtube about lighting for headshots.
Get Lightroom and Photoshop, learn every technique for post, including eyes, hair, skin, and so on.
Make a wish list on B&H and on Amazon to add gear you want. Read all the reviews.
Practice your photos with everyone you can. You should have mastered your camera to where you can change settings without any doubts or fumbling.
Start charging for your photos and advertise your headshot portraitures to schools, acting theatres, dance and martial arts academies, realtors, insurance brokers, law firms, and everyone else you can think of who might need to update their photos.
Next step is to break into event photography, e.g., fancy parties, weddings, receptions, beauty pageants, charitable events, holiday parties, graduations, and the list goes on and on. The secret here is to transition to quantity over quality. Learn to machine gun your camera(s) getting as many good shots as you can in the smallest time frame.
All of this time is your Karate Kid wax-on, wax-off training for fashion photography, anon. Good luck.
One more thing I almost forgot. The secret to success is to hire an assistant to perform all of the tasks you don't want to do yourself. If you need help finding new jobs, hire a pretty saleswoman on commission. If you need pp work, hire a broke art student. You get the idea. You don't have to pay them very much money but make sure you feed them well. Always have food and beverages on set to feed your cast and crew.
>>
>>2869666
>witnessed
satanic trips of seduction
>>
C O C A I N E
O
C
A
I
N
E
>>
>>2869670
go to school
hire bitches on model mayhem

shit you can always network if you have the money

and if money is a concern then photography should be the last of your concern
>>
>>2869687
>hire bitches on model mayhem
NO SOCIAL SKILLS YOU DUMB FUCKING REDDITOR
>>
>>2869696
>hiring

are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>2869699
>are you fucking retarded?
you are apparently. show me how to hire someone without talking to them or writing an email. I fucking dare you.
>>
>>2869700

>hey i need someone to shoot for a project; im willing to pay $100 a hour etc etc

well in that sense how the fuck are you suppose to get ANYONE to let them take pictures of them? just telepathically urge willing people 10 miles within you?

thats equivalent of graduating college and holding your arms out, waiting for a job

holy fucking shit
>>
>>2869701
theres not social about negotiating or writing a contract
>>
>>2869700
Copy a flyer and paste it up around the neighborhood:
>NOW HIRING
>Part Time Personal Assistant to Fashion Photographer
>Apply in person at 123 Shady Lane
>Saturday, June 25th 4pm
>Bring resume with photo attached
>Insert resume through mail slot and ring door bell.
>Don't call us, we'll call you.
>Extra consideration if you leave chicken tendies in a Wendy's bag.
>>
>>2869703
>show me how to hire someone without talking to them or writing an email. I fucking dare you.

>we'll call you.
>we'll call you.
>>
>>2869707
Maybe you're not a native English speaker so I'll explain.
>Don't call us, we'll call you.
this is a polite way of telling people to fuck off and not to bother you ever again. This phrase is routinely used to get rid of normie newfags when you're recruiting or hiring.
>>
>>2869716
so if you are interesting in them what do you do?
>>
>>2869663
you could Cosby them.
>>
>>2869717
Advise your new hire that you're often meeting with clients or on the set of a shoot, so it's almost impossible to get you on the phone or in a face-to-face conversation. Therefore you request that they make every effort to communicate exclusively through email, skype, whatsapp, or txt msg. I actually do this all the time with my accounting clients and it works great.
If you have a scanner printer, it's easy to send and receive anything that needs to be signed.
I'm actually a people-person, a social butterfly. The reason I try to avoid talking to people is because I get distracted by talking to clients and end up wasting a lot of time which could have been better spent making money.
>>
>>2869723
So ultimately you answered you own question. Well done
>>
>>2869696
seriously if you don't even have the mere basic social skills needed to hire a model online then how the heck are you going to deal with them on site during the shoot? man the fuck up and get out of that little comfort zone if you really want to become a fashion photographer, or even any kind of commercial photographer in general bro
>>
>>2869738
>you answered you own question
I don't follow. What was my question, anon?
>>
>>2869741
i dont know anymore. sorry
>>
>>2869751
>>2869738
>>2869707
>>2869700
you will literally never amount to anything more than a dishwasher with this amount of autism

>thinking there is some magical "one easy trick!!" for you to get what you want
>but without your trying or any effort on your part
>>
You learn social skills.

How socially retarded are you? Can you talk to a stranger in public?
>>
>>2869790
I can talk when I know what to say. Like I have no issue talking to shop employees or asking for directions. But I wouldn't know how to become popular and to network or how to direct a model to make a good expression.
>>
you dont
>>
>>2869763
>dishwasher
you vastly overestimate me.
>>
>>2869790
>Can you talk to a stranger in public?
nope. ordering at a restaurant makes me have a panic attack
>>2869919
on
>>
>>2869924
so there is your fashion photographer career

/thread
>>
>>2869889
I am similar.

Popularity and networking will come naturally provided you are capable of producing consistent quality work. Let your photos speak for themselves, and let the people you work with do the networking for you. Word of mouth is the best advertising.

I have a hard time offering direction if I have no vision of what I want. So either come up with an idea yourself, or collaborate with a model to establish a goal. Slow down, analyse the photos you're taking and offer direction as required to achieve your goal.

At some point you have to just throw yourself out of your comfort zone, even if you have the social skills of a rotten potato. Faking confidence helps me break the ice with people especially if I haven't met them before.

I think ultimately what holds people back a lot in photographing people is being afraid to even try anything for fear of failure. It doesn't have to be scary, just start somewhere.
>>
i bet u jizz at the sight of a sideboob
get the fuck back to /r9k/
>>
So much cringe.

Fashion isnt for you. If you can't naturally interact with a team or even your subjects you will fail regardless of your technical knowledge. No one will want to work with you unless there is some groundbreaking next level stuff you are producing to counteract your autism.

Have you spent your life indoors only using electronic devices to communicate. This is why kids are growing up with such shit social skills
>>
>>2869763
>>2869924
>>2869926
Hey you could photograph plates and silverware and shit. Maybe be a product photographer who has companies mail shit to your door that they want photographed.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.