[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4031x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4031x3024
Just got my roll of Ilford HP5 back and some photos had this odd wavy patern near the top. What do?

My gear is:
Nikon Nikkormat FS
52mm Red 25a filter
52mm rotating polarizing filter
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4031x3024
Here's another
>>
>>2868944
that's bromide drag, comes from uneven developing. what developer/times are you using?
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4031x3024
But not all of them.
Could it be a problem with the polarizing lense?
>>
>>2868947
I normally mail my film to Ilford to be developed, but I was testing out an older camera I found and accidentally dropped it off at Walgreens with some color film I had. They mailed it out to the Fujifilm photolab I think; it took three fucking weeks to get back.
>>
I would be pretty mad if I paid a lab to get this shit
>>
>>2868970
Yeah, now that I know it's a lab issue I'm pretty bugged. $26 and three fucking weeks.
>>
How much did you pay for that OP?
>>
File: FRIL.027.jpg (242 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
FRIL.027.jpg
242 KB, 1200x799
>>2868944
>>2868946
>>2868948

Wannabe Lee Friedlander.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakePhase One A/S
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.0 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:09:04 09:40:54
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4031x3024
>>2868988
I don't follow any photographers, but I guess B&W telephone wires are pretty generic
>>
>>2868976
$26 for a roll of 36
>>
>>2868995

>I don't follow.

He is one THE iconic photographers of the 20th century.

He influenced you.
>>
>>2868997
whaaaat? that's fucking insane. learn do develop film yourself man, with 26 bucks you can get enough product to develop over 100 rolls.
>>
>>2869012
or 770 rolls with diy rodinal ;]
>>
>>2869021
but what about diy film

also I wanted to ask you what to get for wetter
>>
Nice thumbnails op too bad I won't open them
>>
>>2868999
I literally don't know shit about any photographers. I know that nanny lady from that netflix documentary, and had an Ansel Adams print on the wall in my parents' house. That's the extent of it.
>>
>>2869023
diy gelatin emulsions are perfectly feasible, just very inconvenient given availability and quality of film. piss easy (with the right chems and practice) for stiff sheet large format film/plates, a horrible mess for any bendy substrate like 35mm acetate film.

Wetter? Add a drop of dishwashing liquid or any other strong non-soap detergent to final rinse or do final rinse with distiller water (nothing dissolved in it so dries up without leaving marks)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.