[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking about getting my hands on this. It'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 157909-2.jpg (796 KB, 1920x1492) Image search: [Google]
157909-2.jpg
796 KB, 1920x1492
I'm thinking about getting my hands on this. It'll be my main device to use everyday so, what do you people think about it? Should I sacrifice my money on it?
>>
Bump.

Also one of the reasons made me interested was that they say it could shot great pictures at night with nice exposure and no film-grain.
But i need some real testimonies. I know some of you fagets have/had that.
>>
https://www.flickr.com/photos/megane_wakui/24782534759/in/faves-128967758@N02/

I use a m2 sometimes. Fiddly at first but solid IQ and if you need portability AND a zoom it's awesome. Link should give a good idea of night shot capability. The m3 and m4 have a (much if zooming) better lens for night.

If you DON'T need a zoom then a Ricoh GR or Fuji X70 will blow it away for IQ, especially at night.

Also, gear thread & don't bump - this ain't /b/
>>
>>2866999
It fits in your pocket and has Sony printed in the corner. It has no other distinguishing features but if those are important to you get it it. If not get a Canon G1X2. It's not very fashionable but it's a better camera
>>
>>2867012
Sorry for the bump, just used that in cause to write extra info. take it vice-versa.

I don't think i'll need much of a zoom, guess the occasions will be very rare. As I said below I'm in for quality. I'll go check those Ricoh and Fuji, thanks.

>>2867015
I'm not after fashion I'm a pure quality guy, it may look ugly as hell I don't care. Of course since it'll be used on everyday usage it should be a bit of fitter.

This will be a one-time buyer so that's why I'm in need of you glorious people here.
>>
>>2867024
If you want a compact then yeah it's decent. Otherwise if you're happy to have a little bit more bulk and a serious tool the Olympus OMD EM10 would be a good bet, as would the Ricoh GR or fujis mentioned
>>
>>2867012
Is the high ISO performance of the M2 really that terrible? Because I have the Ricoh GR II and it doesn't handle high ISO's that well at all.
>>
>>2867045
OP here I was just checking Ricoh GR and some guy took high ISO photos with it.

just look at this on 25.000;

http://giovannisavinophotography.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/256001.jpg

It still has a lot of grains on low samples, I think I'll go for x70, but still looking up for some unedited images.
>>
>>2867026
Shots taken with that Olympus look a bit blurry and faint to me.
>>
>>2867048
who the fuck shoots 25,000
>>
File: Fountain.jpg (115 KB, 480x651) Image search: [Google]
Fountain.jpg
115 KB, 480x651
>>2867050
The kit lens isn't great, but if you put on the Panasonic 12-32 or any prime you'll get pictures as sharp as any 16mp camera. Also either shoot raw or bump up the contrast in the jpeg settings.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
>>
>>2867048
http://www.lesnumeriques.com/appareil-photo-numerique/duel-compacts-experts-aps-c-ricoh-gr-ii-vs-fujifilm-x70-a2643.html
gr is still better
>>
>>2867048
>muh ISO one gorillion
>muh noise
Anon, when the fuck is the last time you had to take a photo at ISO 25,600? Like 10 years ago ISOs that high didn't exist and even ISO 400 was "fast" and grainy as hell and people still managed to take photos just fine. Don't worry about that shit, the GR is perfectly good with high ISOs and so is literally any other digital camera made in the last 5 years. Reviewers have only gotten this annoying and anal because every camera is the same these days in all the quantifiable objective categories.
>>
>>2867100

Thanks anon
>>
If you want something like the X70 but with a zoom you could check out the X30, I have an X20 and it's a great lens.
>>
>>2867048
>http://giovannisavinophotography.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/256001.jpg

that man... having dinner with himself...
10/10
>>
>>2866995
I went through a number of P&Ss where I ground the gears on the lens retraction mechanism, because I kept buying replacements where the power button could be accidentally pressed while in my bag or my pocket. I would go with one that has a turney dial for a power switch personally. I also discovered that if I have the camera in image playback mode (all of mine had a switch for that), the lens would not extend when the power button was pressed.

That's my two cents.
>>
>>2867100
>the last time you had to take a photo at ISO 25,600
in a night club
walking down the street at night
indoors action
wilderness under moonlight
stars
sports at night, outdoors
any time you want a fast shutter, and to not be wide open like my mother's legs
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.