[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to get over anxiety while taking photos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (2 MB, 6456x5328) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 6456x5328
There's a relay for life (big cancer fundraiser) going on near me soon and I feel there's a great opportunity for some good photos, however I always feel nervous/anxious whenever I take photos of people. what do
>>
>>2859638
Go out and do it faggot, read up on exposure therapy
>>
Just do it, most people don't give a damn about you taking photos of them if they are on the street. Also they can sense if you are nervous, so relax and you'll look like you really know what you are doing
>>
>>2859649
>people don't care UNLESS YOU'RE NERVOUS DON'T BE NERVOUS

Yeah right. Nobody will even notice you.
>>
File: img171.jpg (777 KB, 1250x1010) Image search: [Google]
img171.jpg
777 KB, 1250x1010
I also had this problem for a while, I had a bit of sperginess about asking people for their photo. However, once you just nut up and do it, it's over. It gets easier every time. Now I can ask pretty much anyone for a photo, unless they seem just down right angry or volatile. The worse thing that could happen is they say no. Then you just say " ok thanks" and leave.

If you don't want posed shots, just walk up, take the picture. If they notice, smile and nod your head, or just walk away. No one cares enough to say anything.

People in general like having their photo taken, if you are nice about it.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width17502
Image Height13882
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionUnknown
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution6400 dpi
Vertical Resolution6400 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2016:05:21 00:11:21
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1250
Image Height1010
>>
>>2860049
You think the guy on our left has a fake left leg?
>>
>>2860091
Very well could be, they were sitting outside the VFW lodge.
>>
>>2860091
As someone with a prosthetic. Most likely.
>>
Smile if someone looks at you, perhaps give them a gesture of acceptance such as a subtle hand wave. Something like that will calm both sides were there any anxieties over the situation. It also shows them that you are not a cunt.

Be occupied with what you are doing. You will look more professional and people will therefore trust you. It's a paradoxical reality that the more involved in a task and the more easy you are to observe, the more people will feel at ease. It is one of many trust phenomena.

Thirdly, the more you go out and do it, the easier it will get. Comfort is found though exposure - coming up against issues and realising that they really aren't anything to fret over. If somebody asks why you took their picture and seemed upset about it, just offer to delete it, show them you are deleting it and be done with it. I reckon this would happen once a year if you're active and unlucky. Because people really don't give a fuck.
>>
What are you afraid of?
>>
>>2859638
Don't do it, OP, they're all gonna laugh at you!
>>
normally i suggest getting physical if need be in order to get the shots you want, but don't be confrontational at a cancer convention.
>>
take some clonazepam before shooting.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.