[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
timelapse on Lumix dc vario
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
sup /p/,
I'm coming to you, camera experts, because I am looking for a way of getting the most out of a lumix dc vario for timelapse. the software seems to cap the amount of pictures taken in a timelapse to 1000 while I need to go on for much longer.
The reason I stick to this camera is because we are setting a huge amount of those underwater in order to aquire fish abundance data (and we already have 20 of them). I have used CHDK on a canon camera before to make timelapse possible for thousands of photos, but I couldn't put my fingers on any similar tools for a panasonic lumix.

you guys got advice?
thx /p/ros
>>
>>2854886
Not a lot of underwater/waterproof stuff on this board. There is of course a "famous" video of a guy who covers his Pentax DSLRs in sand, lens and all, and then simply washes them off with a hose. Worth considering, though it's obviously more investment than a simple tough-cam usually is.
>>
Yeah dropping a dozen dslrs into the water would imply a much bigger investment which we just can't afford, sadly
>>
>>2854886 Battery will run out long before your sequence reaches 1000 pictures. AFAIK.
>>
>>2854886
xiaomi yi for $80, with underwater case.
>>
>>2855246
At 10 sec intervals thats less than 3 hours, you sure?
>>
>>2855434
It's not the time, it's the sheer number of shots that's going to kill the battery.
>>
>>2855434 The information about battery performance should be out there but my Google-fu fails me. If it's anything like my AW100, the number of shots one can get with one charge is relatively small compared to dslr, certainly less than 1000.

If you already have one available, I'd suggest you try taking a 1000 shot sequence and see what happens.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.