[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you haven't seen 6x6 Velvia projected I feel sorry for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1033574-95141.jpg (113 KB, 1600x990) Image search: [Google]
1033574-95141.jpg
113 KB, 1600x990
If you haven't seen 6x6 Velvia projected I feel sorry for you.

Phenomenal doesn't even begin to describe it.
>>
>>2853403
>6x6 Velvia

How many megapixels is that?
>>
>>2853403
Yeah, that way you can see the blown highlights and shitty shadows and fucked skin tones the size of your whole wall! Amazing!
>>
>>2853403
desu I would absolutely love to shoot MF slides and project them, but the cost of the projector itself is prohibitive.
>>
>>2853410
I'm obviously not privy to your financial situation but depending on how often you would shoot, E6 development at home is relatively inexoensive compared to shipping and processing fees. also quite painless, don't listen to the haters. and you can also get a P66 used in decent condition for under $300 if you're lucky too.
>>
>>2853409
>s-slides are bad!
>I don't know how to meter a scene so my highlight were blown!
>I used a film famous for high saturation for a portrait and the skin tones came out looking bad!
>I don't understand the fundamental physics of how film works and therefore took a bad picture! Slides are bad!

Just because you couldn't figure out how to use a tool doesn't mean the tool is bad.
>>
>>2853403
When I was in photo school back in the day, we used to project 4x5 chromes for C&C all the time. If you think 6x6 Velvia looks good projected, you should try 4x5 Velvia sometime, it's incredible.
>>
>>2853463
>4x5 projections

Stop, my heart can only take so much.
>>
I'm getting my 6x7 Velvia 50's out for developing this week, I can't wait
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.