[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Calibration Software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_1002.jpg (3 MB, 3648x5472) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1002.jpg
3 MB, 3648x5472
Hey /p/,

I want to calibrate my monitor, and I'm wonder how many people here have calibrated theirs, what they think about it, and most importantly, rec any software a dude could pirate. tytyty

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 6D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.0 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:05:25 10:30:09
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating12800
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
You need hardware, you dumb fuck
>>
>>2848237
No amount of calibration will make this snapshit a photograph.
Also resize.

>>2848243
This, desu you probably would't benefit anyway seeing you don't know shit about monitors.
>>
take a screencap and ill check if your monitor is correctly calibrated
>>
>>2848255
thanks man
>>
>>2848251
why cant snapshit b photograh anon :(
>>
>>2848243
>>2848251
pls tell me more or provide useful link
>>
>>2848271
The thing you want is a "spyder screen calibrator"
Honestly is hardly worth it unless you get professionally printed photos with the whole colour spaces and shit.
>>
>>2848289
cheers anon. appreciate it. well hopefully one day.
>>
D I S P C A L G U I - all that you want, and a bit more
>>
>>2848237

It's hard to calibrate a normal monitor without external devices, because the environment you view the monitor in will skew the colors as much as the monitor itself. If you look at your photos on a bunch of different devices (phones, other people's computers) you can get an idea of what people actually see
>>
>>2848237
Calibrating your color isn't a bad idea, so that you know your photos have a good neutral base point, so that the variation of other people's monitors will be held to a more neutral minimum, but because of that viewer variation, it won't do much for the overall accuracy of the way people are seeing your stuff.

What you SHOULD do is work to calibrate your contrast and brightness levels on your screen. Chances are good it's set up to impress a person walking by, with crazy brightness and a ton of contrast to make everything look flashy. That means that when you're working with your contrast and saturation in your photos, you'll leave them a little less contrasty, and a little more dim, than you should, and on people's monitors that ARE set up correctly, your stuff may fall flat.

For contrast and brightness, there ARE things you can find online, which will basically just be a gradient with two arrows that say "This should be just barely different than black" and "this should be just barely different from white" to show you your contrast levels, and some faint images over black and white to give correct-ish brightness.

On my monitor at work (consumer shit model, rather than IPS "creative person" display) I had to turn the brightness down to 35% and lower the contrast to 40% to get something that didn't make the entire internet look like it was sponsored by Ken Rockwell.
>>
>>2848409
haha thanks anon. its pretty pointless i guess for any images that are pure digital, unless i can somehow put to an outlet where im sure everyone viewing would have calibrated. i was wondering for printing a little book of some stuff. much appreciated, stay based
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.