[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
film thru airport x-ray
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
so i took 10 rolls of film on vacation, managed to get past 3 airport x-rays without any film going through, and then like an idiot i throw my bag through one at the train station without taking it out.

how can i check if the film is fogged or not, before i either throw out or shoot the whole box? should i get a blank roll developed? should i shoot a roll normally and develop it as a test?

for reference, its 7 rolls of tri-x 400 (2 already shot at 1600 but still undeveloped), the rest I also intended to push to either 800 or 1600.
and 3 rolls of CineStill 800T (all unshot)
>>
They'll be fine, there's nothing you can do either way. The 1600 MIGHT have some fogging but I can't imagine a train station is using a scanner as strong as the ones in airports
>>
File: ARDEPAPU 1000PX.jpg (442 KB, 1200x667) Image search: [Google]
ARDEPAPU 1000PX.jpg
442 KB, 1200x667
i had my undeveloped, but already shot slide film and color neg rolls pass thru x rays. they came out pretty fine, no rings or fogging or weird stuff.

but, this was in argentina, and im willing to bet money that these machines havent been serviced since the 70's lol.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeEPSON
Camera ModelGT-X770
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width24372
Image Height3271
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution3200 dpi
Vertical Resolution3200 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2016:05:25 05:00:05
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1200
Image Height667
>>
>>2847456
>>2847460
the train station was Gare du Nord in Paris

i didnt even count on them having an x-ray for the train, but i suppose with the recent dangers it makes sense...

i'm mostly worried about the CineStill because its repackaged motion picture film (Vision 500T) and its SO expensive
>>
>>2847465
I had to get my film scanned at Amsterdam airport. My TriX was fine even though it was pushed to 1600 but my Cinestill was ruined (big wavey white things all over the images) . I also had a load of Portra 400 and it was fine too.
>>
I'm not sure about train stations but...

Generally the xrays at airports for carry-on bags are pretty weak and won't fuck your shit up. The xrays that scan checked bags WILL fuck your shit up regardless of ISO. I can post some Portra and E100VS examples if anyone is interested.
>>
>>2847470
I had some 200 speed c41 go through checked in baggage before they were exposed and had no fogging on them
>>
>>2847467
damn everyone being so scared of terrorists

were you flying in (unexposed film) or flying out (exposed but undeveloped)?
>>
>>2847450
Dude, it seriously won't matter.
Forget it ever happened.
>>
File: 1462132900579.jpg (16 KB, 319x320) Image search: [Google]
1462132900579.jpg
16 KB, 319x320
>film poorfag problems
>>
>>2847472
Exposed but undeveloped
>>
>>2847460
>yfw all beginning of roll 1st frame photo edges are actually contact prints of the canister's lightproofing felt.

Also make a new thread already hf guy.
>>
wait how did people deal with that before digital existed? did airports not have scanners?
>>
>>2847552

Are you fucking 12 years old?
>>
>>2847552
They have had scanners for a long long time. Most of the time, scanners don't hurt film at all. Only when it's really high sensitivity will it have an affect. But they've always been willing to hand-check film if asked.
>>
>>2847562
23. I just never traveled with film and suppressed most of my childhood memories
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.