[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This or the Nikon F3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: received_10154225912224490.jpg (7 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
received_10154225912224490.jpg
7 KB, 240x180
This or the Nikon F3?
>>
Sony A7
>>
That
>>
As an OM shooter, I'm a bit jelly of all the Nikon glass available. That said, I'd still probably pick the OM-4T(i). The metering is apparently pretty genius.
>>
ebay "vintage camera", filter price high->low

don't forget siphon coffee maker and decorative scarf to wear in 80*f
>>
>>2845237
>faggot
>>
>>2845220
The sony is great for lubing up and sticking in your arse, but otherwise I would shoot film.
>>
F3
>>
>>2845218
OM2n, only bad thing is the lack of a mirror lock up
>>
>>2845237

Fuck off pleb
>>
>>2845218
Last week I picked up 3 rolls of developed film. 1 shot with F3, 1 with Leica M4 and one with Olympus OM-1 using the zuiko 35mm f2. I preferred the Olympus shots.

Build quality is better on the F3, and the lense choice is huge - all of Nikon's ai, ai-s and d range.
>>
>>2845407
implying that has anything to do with the camera body, moron
>>
>>2845407
>Build quality is better on the F3
Bullshit.
What kind of arbitrary statement is that?
Also, tell me more about your hotshoe?
I think that what a lot of people discount when making these sweeping pronouncement about film cameras is their actual age, too.
The OM-1 is
>O L D
>L
>D
The F3 is less old, the OM4 Ti is way less old.
All of these top tier cameras are built to top tier standards, hence the fact that there are so many of them still in circulation; the primary differentiator to perceived quality is going to be wear associated with age.
>as for OP's question, the F3 errydey, there are more and better lenses
>>
>>2845415
Implying that you can stick an olympus lens on a Nikon body.
>>
>>2845417
>Bullshit.
>What kind of arbitrary statement is that?
Using both bodies and comparing them?
>>
Nikon F3 F4 very heavy in comparison to OM series. Stick a 35mm f2 Zuiko or 28mm f2.8 and you will be stunned. This is also a good macro cam using the 100m f4. Light and easy incredible metering.
>>
Aspartame get your ass in here.
>>
Don't summon me.

The Olympus fungus is a beautiful thing. You'll find it on the shutter plane when the shutter is cocked. There is a light meter inside the shutter box aimed at the film which when in aperture priority metering mode will take a light reading before AND during the exposure to both set the exposure when shutter pressed AND to change the exposure while the shutter is open. This also does true TTL flash metering with the Olympus flash units of the era with the flash duration being quenched when the camera sees enough light hit the film plane. This also gives the ability to do night photos with set exposure compensation and click and forget about having to calculate the exposure time as the camera will close the shutter for you. Also, lightning strikes and fireworks will close the shutter at a shorter duration than what the scene would read on a standard meter.

On the om4t you will find a very advanced spot meter that will take up to 8 readings and combine them for the optimal exposure with the ability to meter for black with detail, middle grey, and highlight with detail vie the 3 spot meter buttons.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.