[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So it finally happened. Someone stole the Nikon D7000 that i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1455807169212.jpg (361 KB, 2560x1707) Image search: [Google]
1455807169212.jpg
361 KB, 2560x1707
So it finally happened. Someone stole the Nikon D7000 that i had for over 6 years. At gunpoint. I stupidly tried to find a way to retrieve it later, but obviously to no avail. The problem is that i was booked for a couple of weddings: one this Thursday and one this Saturday. Though i had managed to get along by borrowing a friend's Canon D70 for a while (which i loved), he needs it back, so i'm forced to actually get another Camera for myself

The thing is that i relied too much on my old Camera, so i'm a bit unknowledgeable on which one would suit me best. I was saving up for a nice Full-Frame one and was interested in the EOS 6D because i believe Canon is overall better for video, but i'm pretty low on cash, so i'd like to get myself a neat DSLR on a budget of $700 or less that will tide me over for a couple of months until i save up enough.

I've always wanted to do better looking slo-mo shots, so i'm leaning heavily for the 60 FPS-able Nikon D3300 that would hardly dent my wallet, but if there's a better overall camera under or around $700, i'd be willing to fork a bit more.

Tl;Dr: What's the best DSLR for less than 700 dollars if i also want to shoot video?
>>
Canon EOS M10
Canon EOS Rebel T6
Fujifilm X-A2
Nikon 1 J5
Nikon D3300
Olympus PEN E-PL7
Sony Alpha a5100

Thanks dpreview.

Also use the fucking gear thread.
>>
>>2845021
I realize this isn't a direct answer to your question but it might be a better option. Instead of buying a cheaper camera just for the next couple of months you could rent a better camera for when you need it. Not only would renting probably save you some money but it would also give you the opportunity to try out a couple different bodies and get a better sense of what you want. I'm not very familiar with camera rentals but I just looked a bit and it seems you could just rent for the time that you need it and send it back when you don't. It's not exactly cheap but it's not $700 so it would enable you to buy a new camera sooner.
>>
>>2845030
This. Otherwise get a 5d mk2 or a A6000.
>>
>>2845021
Pentax K-3
>>
Financing. If you have nebraska furniture mart near you, you can get a camera 0% down 2 year financing. Get something nice.
>>
>>2845021
Why not get a D7100 since your last camera is a D7000? I believe it is only around $700 for a new one, body only. Especially since you probably already have Nikon lenses around.

BTW, where do you live?
>>
D7100
>>
>>2845021
>at gunpoint

What are you doing with all your gear out in a third world country? Also get a GH4 or an a7s if you can cope with fewer megapickles
>>
>>2845021
Pentax K-3 ii or even the K-3. You're just going to turn it over or sell it probably, but it's a great option and has great dynamic range.
>>
>>2845096
>What are you doing with all your gear out in a third world country?
Uhh, taking photos of said country?

Some people here doesn't seem to grasp the concept that there is stuff outside worth photographing. Your cat and your gear aren't the only two subjects in the world.
>>
You can get used 5D m1 with 300$ D700 is also quite cheap.
>>
>>2845577
And which of those does 60fps 1080p video?
>>
File: pentacks.jpg (212 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
pentacks.jpg
212 KB, 500x706
>>2845021
>should of bought a pentacks
>>
>>2845539
>Your cat and your gear aren't the only two subjects in the world
I'm going to have to call bullshit on this one
>>
>EOS M10
>For a wedding
Wew. Have you actually used any of these cameras for work? In fact, have you ever used an EOS M out of auto mode?
>>
File: 1435710228285.jpg (85 KB, 633x738) Image search: [Google]
1435710228285.jpg
85 KB, 633x738
>>2845714
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.