[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bought canon 700D couple days ago and I'm struggling with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Bought canon 700D couple days ago and I'm struggling with focusing. Its my first camera.

How do I control focusing myself instead dumb autofocus?

Also, should I read instructions that came with it?
>>
>>2844611
yes you should read the goddamn intructions
>>
>>2844613
You dont have to be r-rude
>>
>>2844621
y-you t-too....
>>
>instead dumb autofocus?
newsflash: all modern DSLRs are supposed to be used in autofocus only unless you're looking at the screen.

If you want to manual focus, enable live view, enable MF switch on your lens, go from there.
>>
>>2844611
You should have bought the a6000, you fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>2844611
I have a 700D and if you want to full time manual focus, you're going to be let down by the focus-by-wire system of that cameras kit lens. You'll have a slightly less bad time if you upgrade the lens to one with a true manual focus ring. Instead what I suggest is you learn to back button focus and then use the little button just to the right of that back button focus button and then using the wheel by the shutter you quickly scroll through which autofocus point you want to prioritize. There's only 9 points to choose from so it is pretty quick although you still often times will need to focus and recompose a bit unless your subjects eye happens to be right on one of those 9 points.
>>
>>2844986
>learn to back button focus
Was going to post this. It's really useful once you get the hang of it. Set AF to continuous for moving objects and release the button when they stop. Best of both worlds.
>>
I have a 700d and I have no problems doing manual focus

Just use live view and do the zoom in screen thingy to see the subjects edges closer so you can focus easier, then zoom back out and snap a pic/start filming

Its no biggie, wish I bought a full frame but I'm still loving it
>>
Also, if you start shooting vintage you can run into weird issues on manual mode, where the live view image is underexposed compared to the final image (not an issue on video mode, but still)

A workaround I found is to set ISO to Auto, but limit how high the ISO can set itself to in the settings.
>>
>>2845921
Unless you have preview exposure turned off, what you see on the screen should be literally exactly what the jpeg preview of the image looks like.
>>
>>2845924
Yes, plus what is a histogram
>>
>>2845924
Nah it still does it, its bizarre and I've no idea why it does it, it makes no sense

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/archive/index.php/t-247001.html.
>>
>>2844611
memes XDDDDDD
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.