[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get bebbys first DSLR six years ago >play around, get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1345343783713.jpg (9 KB, 248x200) Image search: [Google]
1345343783713.jpg
9 KB, 248x200
>get bebbys first DSLR six years ago
>play around, get some work, do ok with a T2i, a kit 18-55mm and a 50mm 1.8 for years
>know that my work has room to improve, still decent
>got a really nice chance to photog some military aircraft up close the other day
>borrow a 5D mkII and some real glass
>mfw

Seriously, words appart. I almost peed myself.
>>
Congratulations, you'll now spend every single dollar you make for the rest of your life on camera gear.
>>
>>2839845

fuck. maybe its time for me to go ff too. my rabal feels quite limited lately.
>>
>>2839845

Can you at least elaborate on exactly what makes it so much better?
>>
>>2839848
Just go to your local camera store and rent a 5dmk3 and a 24-70 L for a day or two, should only cost $100, and it's good to get an idea of how you'd like it.

>>2839914
Not OP, but the glass is the biggest difference. Especially when you start dealing with 1.4 lenses. Full frame is a nice bonus too. But both together will make a much more pleasing image. Because it's full frame, you're getting a wider field of view than a cropped sensor, so there are more options for composing your shots, better iso performance, and just a better experience using buttons and stuff ( i know that sounds stupid but its a big difference)
>>
>>2839845
>he fell for the your camera doesn't matter meme
Sucked in buddy.
Oh well, now you know. And just remember, 5D3 is already well and truly deprecated on the IQ front.
I will concede though, it's almost certainly the best "handling" digital system camera, and that was certainly my biggest impression upon trying it, rather than the IQ.
>>
File: IMG_9769.jpg (460 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9769.jpg
460 KB, 1200x800
>>2839914
From the build, to the ease of access to every setting, just holding it and messing around is better, once you re-learn where everything is.

The viewfinder is wide and comfy, with the OSD decently bright. The top LSD is handy as hell. The shutter feels more solid, and CF cards record everything faster.

IQ wise, its sharper, FF gives me more flexibility focal length wise, and the fucking dynamic range man... the dynamic range. I took pic related, sun was blasting through the clouds into me, and the hangar was dark as fuck, no light at all. After some tweaking in LR, it came out great.

The real deal was the glass though...

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.0 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:05:15 18:18:34
Exposure Time1/640 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length24.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2839967
Ergonomics and the lens selection are great but it has worse dynamic range than a $250 RX100 Mk1.

I've been a Canon shooter for years but dynamic range is a glaring weakness.
>>
>>2839989
I'm coming from a t2i, I think its a setp up
>>
>>2839967
You obviously don't have much experience with other cameras. 5D Mark2 has worse dynamic range then any current aps-c camera, new Canon stuff included. Infact, dynamic range was only a bit over half of a stop better then on 5D Mark1.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.