[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should you take your Camera with you on Holiday?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: a.jpg (132 KB, 1105x800) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
132 KB, 1105x800
Hi, /p/.

I'm going on holiday soon and I was wondering, should I take my camera?

1. I don't like looking like a tourist and sticking out
2. I don't like taking photos of landmarks, I prefer living in the moment
3. It would be nice to have photos of memories
4. Might catch some nice shots

What do you think? Are cameras on holiday for plebs and old people?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 7D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
PhotographerChitose Suzuki
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2014:09:07 14:44:32
Exposure Time1/15 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating5000
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length35.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2000
Image Height1448
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2839769
If you're not even going to take pictures on holiday, then when are you?
>>
don't bring a xbox huge dslr setup. Bring a small camera. X100 is my favorite travel camera.
>>
>>2839773
Will a d3300 do?

(pls no insults)
>>
>>2839772
good point, thanks
>>
>>2839769
>1. I don't like looking like a tourist and sticking out
you are a tourist and will stick out
>2. I don't like taking photos of landmarks, I prefer living in the moment
nobody is forcing you to take pictures of landmarks
>3. It would be nice to have photos of memories
yes
>4. Might catch some nice shots
yes
>>
>>2839775
Might aswell bring a boiled egg.
>>
You need 2 cameras that way they know your pro
>>
>>2839769
Where are you going?
>>
I like taking pictures of the food, people, stores, cats on street corners, friends or family. The kind of stuff that's not easily found on google like any landmark.
>>
>>2839769
so avoid the landmarks and check out the underappreciated stuff

when in rome, do as the romans do and that shit. and those living in rome don't spend their time fucking around in the coliseum
>>
>>2839919
>those living in rome don't spend their time fucking around in the coliseum
The ones with light fingers do.
>>
>>2839930
i hear the trams are worse for that
>>
>>2839937
trams are cancer in all the big euro cities. they should ban gypsies from tourist areas desu
>>
Wut.

Photography is literally only for travelling, because you become blind to the interesting shit going on in your town. When you're abroad, literally everything is interesting.

Lisbon is probably one of the most photogenic cities I've been to. It's got everything; interesting characters, buildings, shitty areas, landmarks, food, cool shop fronts, the sea, bridges, etc...

It's fucking awesome.
>>
I bring my instant camera when I'm on holiday. People like it and I like it since I have a little keepsake I can give out or keep.
>>
>>2840010
>Photography is literally only for travelling, because you become blind to the interesting shit going on in your town.
Yes and no. I agree with this when it comes to the mundane daily things but fuck landmarks, statues, big buildings, this stuff is a waste of film or storage.
>>
Why not just take your smartphone?

I always take my X100t everywhere as street photography is my main interest and streets of foreign countries look completely different and so expand on my photos.
I do take photos of the landmarks but try to make them more interesting than your average shot.
>>
>>2839769
If you are just going to some generic beach resort with a couple of day excursions to landmarks thrown in then just take a point and shoot. If you are actually planning on going somewhere interesting then you might want to explore the possibilities a little deeper.
>>
>>2839993
Gyppos should be banned in general desu
>>
File: 2016-05-17_06-59-23.jpg (681 KB, 1500x999) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-17_06-59-23.jpg
681 KB, 1500x999
When you travel do you just go to all the big tourist spots that have been photographed a million times and nothing else? Travel photography is maybe my favorite part of travelling, but obviously you have to go find interesting things if you want to do that. Just enjoy your trip and take a few photos when you feel like it, don't feel like you have to take a million photos documenting every single sight you see.

Also for the love of god pack light and have fun, don't be one of those Chinese tourists slinging two D4s with a 14-24 on one body and a 70-200 on the other.
>>
>>2839769
>1. I don't like looking like a tourist and sticking out
Nobody cares about you and how you look when taking a picture
It would be nice to have photos of memories
>3. It would be nice to have photos of memories
I prefer living in the moment
>4. Might catch some nice shots
No you won't, amateur, but it'll be nice to have some pictures to look back to
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.