[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Curious, anyone know where I can get more of these kind of wallpapers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: RfgFiU9.jpg (995 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
RfgFiU9.jpg
995 KB, 1600x1066
Curious, anyone know where I can get more of these kind of wallpapers? These being things like, vintage scenery I guess?
>>
go make them
>>
What makes that photo vintage?
>>
>>2838580
Modern road markings with that reflecting things melded into asphalt, of course.
But something tells me he talking about hipster film look(that is good in this case).

One can achieve this by using VSCO powers, or lurking around in depth of hipsters VSCO related communities.
>>
>>2838574

Where could this photo have been taken? Its really sexy.
>>
>>2838598
Outside.
>>
>>2838598
Looks like NorCal or the Pacific Northwest to me.

I love places like that, been considering a move to OR or WA partly because of it.
>>
File: djGAgzz.jpg (628 KB, 3840x2560) Image search: [Google]
djGAgzz.jpg
628 KB, 3840x2560
I guess vintage was the wrong word. Film look is the better way to put it. Really, I just want more really nice scenery images. We have none of that where I am so I couldn't just easily take those pictures. lol. Even more like the OSX wallpapers would be good. Like this one.
>>
>>2838598
Almost positive that's the road that cuts through Redwood National Park.
>>
>>2838709
Except that's not how film looks. There has never been any film that gives the look in the OP image. I dunno how that whole idea even started but it's wrong.

If you want desaturated images with flatter contrast just Google"VSCO landscapes" or something along those lines.
>>
>>2838747
Actually, this is very similar to a lot of indie type films. I am OP, and if you go and search around for color graded stuff, its very similar to this
>>
File: 2016-05-01_3.jpg (97 KB, 1000x654) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-01_3.jpg
97 KB, 1000x654
like this?
>>
>>2838709
argh, those crushed blacks are hideous
>>
>>2839133
wat
>>
File: .png (981 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
.png
981 KB, 1024x768
>>2839133
Whoa. Not sure if you trolling or just lobotomized yourself recently.
>>
File: great-hdr.png (635 KB, 640x481) Image search: [Google]
great-hdr.png
635 KB, 640x481
>>2839135
>>2839160
I genuinely think it looks like dogshit first timer colorgrading in regards to the black levels. It's junk food for the eyes, graded to "pop" - and in doing so it fails to look dreamy, what it's meant to.
Apple zealots need not reply.
>>
>>2838597
Why is VSCO so popular? How does it compare to Alien Exposure?
>>
>>2839025
What indie film are your referring to?
>>
>>>/wg/ tfo
>>
>>2839167
What the fuck?
>>
OP here, I'm confused. Where the hell did this thread go? lol. Who's trolling? >>2839109

>>2839167
As far as looking like crap, if you're talking about vsco, then idk why you think that. It's everyones opinion. I never knew what vsco was til thy mentioned it here. I think it looks great. There's always different types of art. Just cuz a scene doesn't look dreamy cuz of the color grading, doesn't mean it's not appealing. It's a different kind of mood. No different than people that like country compared to rock.
>>
>>2840108
Ya know, you're really smart man. I never thought of looking for wallpapers. WOW!

Difference being, this fits best into photography, since photography is a very specific kind of wallpaper. That page is filled with all kinds of crap. Digital, animated, cartoons. I don't want that.
>>
File: 1463274551270.jpg (487 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1463274551270.jpg
487 KB, 1024x683
I pulled this off another thread that I just came accross. If you notice, the blacks in this are less black so to speak. Similar to OP picture. It's just black and white. But it looks fantastic. It tells a story.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-Pro2
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.5.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)27 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:05:01 19:14:10
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating2500
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Brightness-1.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2840164
>It tells a story.
Yeah, no. Don't be so dramatic. It's a b&w of a bartender in a bar.
>>
>>2840213
When you say don't be so dramatic, you should say that to all photographers then. lol. Why else do you capture an image? lol. To tell a story. No matter how simple that story is. Don't be so ordinary. You'll be left behind in the world.
>>
>>2840153
>Just cuz a scene doesn't look dreamy cuz of the color grading, doesn't mean it's not appealing. t's a different kind of mood.
You are literally the SJW of the arts. And yes, "different" moods are not the problem, ugly pictures are the problem.
>>
>>2840160

You are looking for wallpapers about photography not photography about wallpapers. Go somewhere that people have a bunch of a wallpapers. This board is about photography. Not. Wallpapers.
>>
>>2840515
You really don't understand, do you? What fucking story are you talking about in this photo? It's fucking nothing.

And I take it that you think you are a photographer? Notice how I called your response dramatic and not the photo. Get some fucking reading comprehension. If you think this photo is any good, please refrain from referring to yourself as a photgrapher.
>>
>>2840748
What?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.