[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Funeral shoots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 300x168
Have anyone of yall ever shot a funeral? I was asked by the family of a close friend to shoot the photos, i honestly didnt want to.. i was close to him and idk, but yea, you thoughts experiences?
>>
>>2837647
Pictures of grieving people is never a good idea seems to me
>>
>>2837665
I thought the same, I mean the are amazing photos, RAW emotion... but i just feltl like when i did it, i was invading their personal space, you know? and people maybe looking at me and thinking, "why the fuck is he taking photos right now!?, but i know in the end, years from now, they will be glad they told me to take those photos.. idk... like i said its my first ever funeral PERIOD, not just shooting, but being present at a funeral period... it was hard
>>
Just say NOPE!
I think this is disrespectfully to deceased person, and to grieving people as well.
>>
>"hey anon, could you take some pictures at the funeral?"
>what they expected: a few pictures
>what they got: anon going full sharpshooter mode like it was the opportunity of his life to show his aunt and cousins he was a serious pro photographer
>>
>>2837674
the grieving people (parents and siblings) are the ones who asked for the photos tho..... so here does that leave me?....
>>
>>2837683
definitely not not that..lol i definitely was suppper stealth and desecrate..
>>
>>2837674
I disagree. Go and take horrible HDR pictures of everyone, and then add flowery borders around each image.
>>
File: 6574.jpg (51 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
6574.jpg
51 KB, 450x450
I hope you used a Pentax.
>>
>>2837709
>desecrate
what a rebel
>>
>>2837742
***discreet** -__- lol
>>
My mothers funeral had a photographer at it. It also had a birthday "after" her wake, spearheaded by her dickhead brother who wanted to take control of the whole event.

It was pretty tasteless, but I guess that's where society is headed.
>>
>>2837647
I went to the funeral of the brother of a girlfriend, they are/were Hispanic
Had a photographer with 2 assistants, a video crew
Big procession of classic low-riders, hearse had an honor guard of Bandito Motorcycle Gang members
3 hour high Catholic mass, full procession past his house and then all hands on deck for at the graveside
After there was a get together at a community center, full DJ and dance floor, more food than a Vegas Buffet, had a Mariachi Band, even had a Money Dance, the photo guy guy had 3 photo booths set up
Lots of fights and drunkenness, police finally broke the get together up after a stabbing
It was like a massive wedding, at least 750 people
I was intending to take my camera along, but the then GF said it would be offensive of me
At the viewing/rosary the photographer had a full setup, softbox, spots and a backdrop to take portraits of people with the guy in his coffin
Never been to anything like it since

Perhaps in certain communities there is the possibility of building a business doing funeral shoots

My now wife is a nurse in a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, lots of little kids die, and the hospital is looking for a photographer to be on call to come in and take portraits of deceased children and their families, she is trying to get me to apply for the position, $200 per shoot, I might give it a go
>>
>>2837791
You as her child should have told the brother to fuck off.
>>
>>2837711
Top kek
>>
Crank up the saturation and vibrance to make it look as colorful as possible, people love those pictures!
>>
>>2839750
Might as well
>>
>>2839750
taking photos of dead kids and their grieving families would wreck me. It'd feel awkward taking money for it but it does seem like a valuable service.

Pediatric ICU, how does your wife handle that?
>>
>>2839997
Little kids really sick, so it is mostly technical, tons of machines and sedated patients
She works nights and weekends, night pay and weekend pay, shifts are 12 hour and she does 3 nights, plus one overtime night every two weeks
After taxes and 25% in the 401k she clears $125 grand a year
That's how she does it, the money
Nighttime has less visitors, only 2 per patient allowed, hospital admin staff is at home, so it is a different pace at night
She likes the challenging cases so most of hers are 1 to 1 or 2 nurses to 1 patient, lot of it collecting samples, monitoring and no contact
Thing she likes least are the many worthless parents, lot of the sick kids come from bad families, drugs, drunks, father, boyfriend and lover, restraining orders, or just plain old stupid, some come from out of town, rural areas of the state and get food and hotel voucher's, the party it up in the big city while their kid is sick, lots of really young Mexican girls and the 50 year old baby daddy
She also goes to school for her Nurse Practitioner degree, the hospital she is at is covering the tuition and books
I work as a respiratory tech in the same hospital, old folks and asthmatics, pay is great and no hard labor, same schedule as her
Photography is my major hobby/obsession, got way to much gear, my wife says she would rather I gathered photo gear than alcohol and drugs, love my enabler wife
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.