[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help pick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: DMP-9821 Hard Shell Helmet_3.jpg (15 KB, 301x364) Image search: [Google]
DMP-9821 Hard Shell Helmet_3.jpg
15 KB, 301x364
need advice on a new camera... I've had a Canon 40D, Nikon D7000, currently have Olympus Em5. I love the m43 system, but I'm ready to move along to try something new. I've been looking at the Sony a7s (original) or the a6300 because they are similar in price on ebay. I shoot only Primes in the 35mm, 50mm and 90mm equivalent territory + or - a few mm. help me decide
>>
>>2836348
For what, retard.
>>
>>2836355

Just want something new, but would like input from the community.
>>
File: DSC07106-1.jpg (906 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
DSC07106-1.jpg
906 KB, 1500x1000
>>2836348
Between the a7s or the a6300, I'd say go for the a6300 for sure. More features, better resolution, and can do 4k video without an external recorder. If you can, I'd highly recommend getting a native sony lens to be able to take advantage of the great focus features of the a6300. Unless you need fullframe, which doesn't seem to be the case, based on your past cameras. a6300 is the way to go. The only downfall of the a6300 vs the a7s is the smaller sensor, but that's not really a big deal.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6300
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.6
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)600 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:05:11 09:45:24
Exposure Time1/1600 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Brightness8.0 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceDaylight
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length400.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1500
Image Height1000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2836367

Thanks! I like to keep it light and compact, hence the primes. I never use my cameras for video and have never used a flash because I don't like other than natural lighting.

Does anyone have experience with the Sony pancake lenses if I do decide to go with the a6300? My choices are obviously limited on ff with the a7s.
>>
>>2836348
Pentax K-3 or K-1 and the Limited primes.
You are welcome.
>>
>>2836396
I've only used Canon lenses on my sony bodies, so I don't really have too much experience. what price range were you thinking of for your lenses? $300? $800? $1000?
>>
>>2836396
I've only use canon lenses adapted onto the sony bodies, so I don't have much experience. But what price range are you looking for the lenses?
>>
>>2836361
pick a system and stay with it like everyone else, fuckface
>>
>>2836361
How can we give you advice on which camera is better for you when you have no needs or demands?

>Hey guys, should I get a blue truck or a yellow sedan?
What do you need?
>Nothing, just feel like getting a car?
>>
>>2836440

I'm trying to keep each lens under $600. How well do canon lenses adapt to e mount? I have a few canon lenses I used to love.

>>2836461

Nope, I like to system hop, like your mom. How can you say X is the best or your favorite if you've never tried Z?

>>2836464

I never wanted asked which was better for me faggot. I just wanted opinions. I'm a casual photographer so I don't have needs or demands.
>I demand this camera have a pussy so it could serve me in multiple ways
>>
>>2836418

I will look into those, but trying to keep it mirrorless and small. Although I like their pancakes.
>>
>>2836513
It works alright. On the a6300 the lenses autofocus really fast in most situations using the Metabones 4 adapter. But I noticed a few times it didn't work perfectly.
>>
>>2836513
>I just wanted opinions.
Regarding what?
You can't compare the opinions on hammers versus screw drivers unless you're talking about a specific job. Some lenses are better for certain things, some are worse for others. There is no "better" because everything has variables.

There's nothing wrong with changing systems because you're bored and have too much time on your hands and no interest in actually putting effort into your photography, but you're wasting everyone's time by giving a question with too many variables to be answered in any useful way.

Look up reviews for the stuff you're curious about. You can find tests and samples from people who have actually touched and held and used the stuff. There's no reason to ask 300 people what their opinion of a random 90mm lens is, merely because you're bored.
>>
Does anyone have or have used both? FF = low light, APS-C = resolution.
>>
>>2836546
I have a full frame and I have an aps-c, not sure what you mean by low light and resolution. The two sensor sizes don't mean anything of the sort
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.