[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Skeleton1.jpg (251 KB, 600x385) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton1.jpg
251 KB, 600x385
Hey /p/ros

So I've recently been shooting for a small boutique in my city. When they asked me for a rate I did a flat fee of $470 for a half day.

We shot about 12 outfits for their website and I got paid promptly.

Once the "art director" start posting my images i noticed she did her own retouching on top of mine. She made a girls butt bigger, tried highlighting a models hair but just really turned it blue and did a horrible unsharp mask. I know all of this because she told me at our recent job. but still used my name as the photographer.
My edits are not that amateur looking.

just shot for them again on Saturday (the same day she told me how she edited over my work) and we managed to pull off 20 outfits for the same rate.

Keep in mind this is on location, outside with a ton of different lighting obstacles and by-standers. I was burning and turning and got some great shots.

I also got a long list of retouches to do (cleaning up windows, removing cars, and by-standers)

So I replied with an email saying the album I give comes retouched but if they want additional items removed it'll be $10 an image.

I also made it a point to ask that the art director leave my edits as they are.

Here's the response I got

"Np. Let's not worry about removing the extras.
And I don't mind running images I've played with.

Thanks."

any advice? I def. don't want to give an album out until I get paid this time. Got a feeling someone that thick will try to be sly

any advice please - feeling a little frustrated

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3969
Image Height2547
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2012:01:31 10:47:54
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width600
Image Height385
>>
>>2826666
she just want dat ass brah.
do it for her.
>>
>>2826666

Why would you work with these people again after they betrayed your trust?

If someone lied to me and said they didn't retouch my photos I would never speak to them again, especially if it was impacting my business.
>>
"I do not mean to be rude or overbearing, but I am not entirely comfortable with the images I produce being displayed under my name after being altered by another individual other than myself.

Or something along those lines. And has she not paid you for the latest job? Idk, I don't even think I could work for/with someone who uses contractions and fucking "np" in an email. Fucking nobody has any professionalism anymore?
>>
post links to their website and copies of your edited photos to compare the processing
>>
>>2826666
Take the money.
Don't work for them again.
When they ask why just say, "because I'm not happy with the way you retouch my images."
Grow a thicker skin
Move on

If you make a scene you'll just get a reputation as a precious prima donna
>>
>>2826672
well I didn't know til we wrapped our latest shoot when she told me. She pulled up her botched image on her linked in via my macbook, then I opened my original and saw it all.

so she didn't lie about retouching it but she let it go out as mine. which im not cool with

>>2826673
this is what I said before I got the "np email"

"Lastly, I totally don't mind you doing the touch ups for your own personal use but if it's going out there please submit it as I have edited it"

the client is super nice and I think i'll get paid again. I think to keep my professionalism I'll just do things just like our last job. But if they want anything again I'll have to do a super high rate for it to be worth it.

I may use your line but am a little worried it'll be as effective as the first pass

>>2826674
no, i'm going to keep this anonymous. but trust me. I got my graphic design degree 8 years ago and have been sharpening my skills ever since. There's fine lines in quality
>>
Put it in your contract. Make it so that images must be displayed unaltered from the files you give them.
>>
They paid you for your work and it sounds like you didn't draw up any contract, so at that point they can do whatever the fuck they want with your work.

Get shit in writing if you care so much about your photography.

Dumbass.
>>
I've been working for around 5 years in this field. Most of the time editing is not even done by the photog, your job is to shoot not to be a photoshop monkey. You give them raws they give you cash. If they ask you to edit, you have a contract ready saying they can't go over your edits. Simple as fuck.
Also 470 is nothing if you are also editing. Learn to value yourself better. That should be your fee just for shooting.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.