[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm heading to Barcelona in a couple of weeks and taking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: fujifilm_xq1_review-275x190.jpg (12 KB, 275x190) Image search: [Google]
fujifilm_xq1_review-275x190.jpg
12 KB, 275x190
I'm heading to Barcelona in a couple of weeks and taking my fuji X-Q1 and wondered if anyone has any advice to avoid the pickpockets. Ways of carry when in use, ways of carry when not in use etc.
>>
>>2825700
>>
>>2826125
I don't know where you are from, but try not to look as a foreigner (no sandals and socks), neither act like one of them (pointing at every think like you didn't saw a statue in your life).
Be extremely cautious on the metro, that's their nest.
The more people there are, the more likely there is one of them.
If someone gets close to you or "touchy", take distance.
But this is just general /adv/, I don't know why ask this here.
>>
It doesn't matter if you look like a tourist or not just look AWARE. Don't put it down anywhere anyone can grab, keep hold of it, pocket it or piut it out of sight. If you have a bag put the arm strap under the table/chair leg or your leg through it, that kinda stuff. Don't let anyone invade your personal space. Just be vigilant basically.

I'm a white guy who lived in BCN for 4 years, never got robbed once but seen countless (maybe a 100?) thefts. Most i've seen have been bags (women) and name brand mobile phones (men and women). iPods, cameras, etc are also easy pickings.
>>
>>2826147
>Im a white guy.
So are spaniards. You mean you're blonde and/or light skinned, a.k.a. looking like a guiri.

OP, pickpocketers dont guive a shit about your camera, as they told you keep an eye on people on the metro and crowded spots, and take care of your wallet and smartphone as they are they main targets.

Go to /adv/ for further info, this board is for insulting others' work and telling people to resize their pics.
>>
>>2826151
Not who you are responding to, but in BCN there are a lot blacks compared to the rest of spain. BCN is tolerant.
>>
If you have it on a strap and are aware of your surroundings especially in crowded areas, you should be fine.

Polite sage.
>>
>>2826151

>guiri
yeah I don't look like a local.

A camera just like a smart phone is an obvious high value item.

Most thefts are opportunistic but I have seen several snatch and run type robberies.
>>
>>2826125

Don't worry...if they see it's a Fuji after lifting it, they'll probably put it back in your pocket.
>>
>>2826620
Don't be silly, they'll probably murder his ass for wasting their time.
>>
>>2826622

kek, btfo
>>
>>2826218
Cameras have a horrible market. They want big ticket items THAT CAN BE SOLD QUICKLY.

A manual camera is not such thing.

I love that you know the concept of the guiri though.
>>
Front pocket, wear jeans. If they manage to pick that, you're a faggot.
If it's in a bag, a rain cover keeps away 100% of all pickpockets. You won't be worth the extra risk to them.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.