[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I've been using my sister's Nikon D5300 for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: D3S_0735-1200.jpg (211 KB, 1200x840) Image search: [Google]
D3S_0735-1200.jpg
211 KB, 1200x840
Hey guys, I've been using my sister's Nikon D5300 for months because she let me use it, then I started loving photography, and I thought that I should buy one for myself... I've been searching and I find the Nikon D3300 interesting... what you guys think? Normally I photograph people (portraits) and landscapes

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2813221
It's not "interesting" in any way, but it's an inexpensive capable camera for low end stuff like what you're asking from it. So long as you stick to modern lenses, you won't regret it for a while, most likely.

If you get into action stuff, or manual focus, you'll be disappointed, but most people don't.

For more questions, try to post them in the gear thread please.
>>
By "action" you mean photographing sports?
>>
>>2813223
By "action" you mean photographing sports?
>>
>>2813288
gear thread bro
>>
>>2813221
a6000
>>
>>2813288
Sports, kids running around, fast cars, birds flying around, etc. Anything that's in a dramatic amount of motion.
>>
>>2813221
The D3300 is a very nice entry level camera. My only complaint about it (or the D3000/D5000 families in general) is that several settings (especially ISO) require navigating a menu to get to, whereas on their higher models it's more readily accessible. Other than that though, it definitely wouldn't be a bad buy.
>>
>>2813882
>ISO requires menu diving
you what m8
>>
>>2813223
I use mine for action shots, and I dont have any problems what so ever, you just have to be more careful, cause you can only take about 3-4 pics a second
>>
>>281388
use the fn button...?
>>
>>2813882
>is that several settings (especially ISO) require navigating a menu to get to,
you just click FN and scroll
>>
If you aren't going to be doing video get a Nikon D300. There's no auto mode but the physical controls make it much easier in the long run. It isn't built like a toy, can support more lenses, and is better suites for sports (as it's raw shot buffer is still leagues better than a consumer camera made today).

If you want to do video now or in the future consider getting a Canon EOS M w/ the 22mm lense.

Thank me later.
>>
>>2814063
If he is a noob he is gonna want auto
>>
>>2813221
Pentax K-50 with WR kit lens 18-55 and 50-200, or with the WR 18-135 kit lens.
Has all the controls a high level camera has and later on you can get some very nice lenses cheaper than Nikons equivalent selection.
>>
>>2814106
I don't consider myself as a n00b but also not a professional, normally I like to use manual to shoot as the way I want
>>
>>2814106
>>2814154
Set it from 1/3 to full steps. I can set exposure compensation, exposure bracketing, iso, shutter, aperture, focusing mode and shooting mode with my eyes closed.

It's an incredibly intuitive camera to use and the focus system is snappier and easier to manage under more conditions than everything else I've used.

Sure, it'll take yourself a day to solidify your knowledge of your cameras settings but when you do and go o take a shit your not battling against a shittier af system that never gives you the images it wants.

Successors to the D300 are probably outside OPs budget.
>>
File: _DSC9449fx.jpg (75 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
_DSC9449fx.jpg
75 KB, 600x399
Hey, i'm fairly new to photography and I've been wanting to start with SLR cameras for a while now. I found two different cameras (Canon FX 35mm and the Praktica MTL3 35mm) and i was wondering if someone could tell me which one is a better camera in general. Oh and also the Praktica comes with 2 lenses (a Helios Auto Wide Angle 1:2.8 f=35mm and a Hanimar Automatic 1:2.8 f=135mm) however the canon does not come with an extra lens.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D70
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.1
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern946
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)105 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution100 dpi
Vertical Resolution100 dpi
Image Created2006:03:18 16:37:03
White Point Chromaticity0.3
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/10.0
Exposure ProgramManual
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length70.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width600
Image Height399
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastSoft
SaturationNormal
SharpnessSoft
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2813221
i have a nikon and i dont like it. i have trouble with exposure on this camera, and i prefer the clunkier rugged feel of my bros older canon. my other bro has a pentax and i swear every shot is properly exposed. i would only recc nikon if you getting some good lenses. other than that, stick with the pentax. cheap 50mm lens and youll be set.
>>
>>2814063
Lol no D300 has shit tier DR. D3300 sensor owns it by FAR!

I would recommend the D7100, you can find it cheap refurb.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.