[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
License Plate Read.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: car1.jpg (701 KB, 1152x2048) Image search: [Google]
car1.jpg
701 KB, 1152x2048
My wife was involved in a hit and run today. The car, looks like a Honda Prelude, hit the car behind her and then rear ended her. She went to the hospital with whip lash and neck injury. Can anyone with stronger Photoshop skills read the license plate from this photo. It is a Florida tag if it helps. Thanks in advanced for any help.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1152
Image Height2048
>>
>>2806286
No image processing magic will recover that information from that frame. How about you look for another frame taken some fractions of a second earlier, where the plate might be bigger in the frame? I assume you took this image from a video dashcam.
>>
>>/p
>>/csi
>>
>>2806290
He may be able to add up all the frames to get different details in different frames on a single image
>>
>>2806290
The photo is from the a guy who saw the hit and run and chased him down, he was in a big F-250 with an older model cell phone. This is the closer of the two images taken on his phone...sigh*
>>
Like everyone else said, I don't think the image is salvageable

However I don't think that's a prelude, looks like an accord coupe or a Mercury cougar to me

Ask /o/ they might love to identify it
>>
>>2806362
Accord Coupe, that makes more sense, there hasn't been a prelude for years. Thanks for your suggestion.
>>
>>2806286

I know that the FBI in the States has employed digital enhancement technology developed by a US company in their law enforcement efforts when they have poor resolution security camera footage. Perhaps they will tell you the name and contact info for the company which developed the tech and someone there would assist you.
>>
>>2806286

jpeg compression was a mistake.
>>
>>2806331
Upload the other images anyways, motion blur still plays a role in older cell phone cameras so even if the other images are further away, it's possible one of them might be sharper
>>
>>2806286

Not doable.

Your best bet is to get the time stamp info from the photos then go to the local buisneses on that route at that time and get their camera feed for +- 10 minutes.
>>
>>2806733
This and do it quickly. Often businesses don't keep security video for long.
>>
>>2806286

Retrace the route and the time.

Request footage from any security cameras along the route.

Most people will help you, believe it or not.
>>
There can't be that many cars of that make model and color. Just have the police run through the DMV records and nail that sucker. Probably a fucking Mexican with no insurance.
>>
>>2806775
>Honda Accord
>not that many
>>
Why do you care OP, its the insurance companies problem at this point. Give them the picture and move on with your life. I swear.
>>
>>2806899
It was a hit and run...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.