[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw wanna walk around and take snapshits and no squad how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 1[1].jpg (33 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
1[1].jpg
33 KB, 600x399
>tfw wanna walk around and take snapshits and no squad

how the fuck do you find people to photograph with? living in the Bay Area and I feel like I have to resort to going to art school, wear ACRNM, or shilling myself at cons
>>
Photographing with other people always sucks and always makes for shitty photos. You aren't missing much.

If you're that lonely, hook up with your local instagram scene. The Bay Area is going to be pretty competitive, but you should be able to find your niche.
>>
Dont mean to sound too aspergio here but i would probably take 10xxx more shitty photos if i was walking around with a "photo squad". i love my niggas i mean gang shit but ion wanna take pics wit em. i would get really embarrassed pretty fast.
>>
>>2805132
>seeing your pic related as something desirable

youre just a coward, gang photoing is for plebs.

photo is something you do alone.
>>
>>2805132
California bay area? 707 fag here. Wanna have a meet up?
>>
>>2805173
510 here. Where you faggots at?
>>
Taking photos with a squad is overrated honestly. I find that shooting with one or MAYBE two people is the perfect blend of socialization and actually taking photos.

That being said, everybody wants friends that shares their interests, so why not try going to a con, a local photo meet or joining a club?
>>
Why would you want to take Street photography in a group?
>>
>>2805132
Haven't tried photoging with other photogs but it's incredibly shit with other people who aren't taking photos.
I always find they limit my ability to move around as I'd like to as I have to factor in their preferences on where to go and what to do.

Definitely feel much less awkward just taking photos alone.
>>
>>2805132
The rare times i take pictures with others i always get distracted and forget to make necessary adjustments for best exposure. I dunno maybe this isn't an issue for some but for me my brain can't keep up with casual conversation and photography at the same time. It's part of the reason i mainly do wildlife. No people no talking.
>>
>>2805132
I'm going to photograph with a girl I met on Tinder. I love going alone, I'm not sure if I'll like this.
>>
>>2805336

It's exactly the same when you're shooting with other people. You try to factor in their physical stamina so you don't walk too far, you become self-conscious about your shooting style if you shoot too fast or too slow and end up changing how you shoot, and you both end up with really similar photos at the end of the day because you were never more than 30 feet apart at any given moment.
>>
Interact with subjects when behind the camera. Other photogs at the bar.
>>
its cool if its just your model and a buddy to assist and give suggestions but fuck hanging out with +10 idiots shooting the same subject
>>
i lost a friend when doing this. we got to go to lots of places together, it worked pretty well. we were legit photo partners.

then one day we were at a slaughterhouse and i said lets do some portraits of these guys. my partner agreed and we started planning, but the plans never went anywhere. then i got selected for a workshop and enacted this slaughterhouse portraits stuff. guy was mad, not overtly but he was. and things werent the same anymore.
>>
>>2805340
Show her your zoom lens chicks dig that
>>
>>2805340
I got to bang a model because of this. Asked her if she wanted to be behind a camera instead of in front of it. She loved it
>>
>>2805142
Dis. Be a loner wolf or be a loser.

Your choice OP.
>>
File: ohboy.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
ohboy.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>2805419
>>
>>2805402
I showed her my manual lens and she liked it even better.
>>2805419
She's no model but qt3.14
I think photography is good for creating bonds, I just don't want to get too autistic for how she shoots.
Tho she was showed me some of her shots and they are not too bad
>>
>>2805340

you're going to be robbed, anon.
>>
>>2805442
Met her already more than once.
>>
>>2805132
Where in the Bay Area? There are plenty of Meetup groups and well known area photographers you could probably join. I honestly don't see the point though. I usually go solo or take my girlfriend. I'm in Walnut Creek
>>
>>2805432
The turning point where I knew my girlfriend was a keeper was when I went out to show her how to use her dad's film SLR. Photography sure is a great way to bond.
>>
>>2805443
honey pot

she's waiting for the big win

buy a gun
>>
File: 1394960947199.jpg (3 MB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
1394960947199.jpg
3 MB, 2500x1667
I would hate shooting with other people, I just prefer being on my own when I take pictures.

One thing that is awesome though is when you're covering a protest or something and get chatting with PJs. Some of those guys I chatted with were super fucking cool

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.3 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution320 dpi
Vertical Resolution320 dpi
Image Created2014:03:16 17:31:35
>>
>>2805479
>she's waiting for the big win
yep, nothing like spendin weeks getting to know someone over the internet and in person so that you can finally jack them for 2 grands worth of camera gear that you might be able to hock for $1000 if you're lucky
>>
>>2805479
>buy a gun
>Implying I don't carry one
>>
Photography is something you do alone. Is stupid to join a photoclub

> not joining the bang bang club
>>
I have several friends that are pretty into photography but I would NEVER go shooting with them. The closest I ever came was a photo date with a chick who wanted to get into photography
>>
>>2805132

blah, i know.

i don't have any friends at all.

612 ffag.
>>
>>2805340
Where can I get a girl as a friend that wants to divulge in my fetishes?
[spoiler] and me in hers, of course [/spoiler]
After several girlfriends, I don't feel like working at it again.
Do I have to resort to Craigslist or should I take up the offer for love a 60 year old gave to me?
>>
I've never really shot with anyone, I've brought friends around and let them use my old Rabal XS but I'd imagine it would be kind of weird to do it with people who know how to use a camera.

Like I can already see myself getting pissy if I see something, take the shot at a unique-ish angle and have someone re-do the exact same shot I did. Even though I don't really even post my photos or do any Instagram shit.
>>
>>2805132
You only want to team up with other photographers when discussing ideas, or issues.

Other than that, when you're at the shoot, you don't fucking do it.

>Doing rugby shoot.
>Local college has a sports assignment
>ohboyherewego.jpg
>Rookies were gagglefucking throughout the game, and refused to leave one area.
>Did not get on the line.
>Did not leave the crowd.
>Their photos were probably shit.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.